• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From old browser to newest

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • The first browser I ever used with Dial-up was Internet Explorer (version 5) the one that came with ME.

After that I used FireFox when it got introduced, used for a few years - for me it was much easier and faster than IE.

When Chrome got introduced I switched over to it, realized how easy it is to use and since then I been with Google Chrome.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't remember the first browser I ever used. The first one I can actually remember was Netscape Navigator 3. I use Chrome now. Ehhh I don't think there's much of a difference. :P

I also remember desperately begging my dad to let us switch to using Internet Explorer because it was much zippier at the time. Wow.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    IE was definitely the first browser I used, as it was already installed and I didn't know any better. Then it was Firefox, and now it's Chrome.

It used to be about browsing speed, but now I don't really notice much of a difference, when I do have to use IE or Firefox on other computers. I'm just more used to Chrome, since I've been using it for years.

Years
  • It was either IE or Netscape as the very first one I used. I want to say it was Netscape, mostly.

Right now I use Firefox.

I couldn't list what I think the differences are since I honestly forgot Netscape existed for the longest time. :X I guess once I found something better it slipped out of my mind entirely.

Zortac

League Champion
    Years
  • IE for sure way back on a Windows 95 computer. I'd hate to know what version that IE was.

I'm now using Google Chrome so I don't think I need to explain why that's better. xD

Internet Explorer 1.0/2.0/3.0

Anyway, I first used Netscape Navigator[2003], then IE 6[2006], then I moved to IE 8[2009], then I moved to Firefox 3.6[2010], then I moved to IE 9[2011] after that I moved to Chrome 25/Firefox 19[2013/14] and now I only use Chrome 33[March 2014-].

Back