• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Styles: Fundamental

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's like we're seeing an update on PC in this one. I love this <33

Gonna take time to get used to the notifications on the left side. It's all new to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
It's an interesting theme. I like how completely different it is. (Would loooove a light version, since I'm not usually one for dark themes. :P)

It's hard to tell/read which forum is which on the index, though. The text doesn't often show up well over the background images. Maybe consider lessening the saturation or overlaying dark colours so that the text is more evident? Or remove the description entirely and let the images and titles speak for themselves instead. Or put a drop shadow of sorts on the text to give it a bit of depth compared to the images so that you can actually read it. It's a really interesting way to show all the forums--not maybe something that I can get used to easily, but it's more in line with how the internet has been presenting itself lately. It just seems kind of pointless if there's too much text to decipher the images and the images make it too hard to decipher the text in return. That's the main hub of the forum, it shouldn't be a chore to figure out which forum is which if you're new or don't visit very often.

Also there's a really big gap in the notification bar when I have a notification. It looked like it took up the amount of space for the drop-down telling me what the notification was. Once I cleared it, the gap went back to a normal height.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've surrounded PokéCommunity logo with link to index page in our header as suggested, decreased lightness and saturation of forum tiles for better readability, and made some media query changes for improved mobile and tablet display. If any of us see something wrong, please make sure to let me know.

I haven't gotten any chance to look into the notification bug yet, sadly, but will definitely fix once I have more time!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
OMG ASHLEY

THIS IS THE BEST STYLE YOU HAVE EVER MADE THUS FAR.

LIKE WOW!

What I think is that the tiles should be kind of aligned or something? Might trigger some OCDish people coz of the unaligned tiles or something.

EDIT: AND FINALLY A STYLE THAT WOULD COMPLEMENT MY SIGNATURE <3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay, this theme is insane. Only one on here like this right? Definitely going to use here on out, amazing work done. Love the sidebar, but the lack of a preview for the latest thread is a bit of a downer. Unless I'm missing something. But yeah, best. theme. ever!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Heh, you should probably thank a few people for parts of the design (Jake namely), if you haven't already. That said, I appreciate the grand amount of effort put in. That sidebar sure is gonna take some getting used to, but well done overall.

Years
Good work. This one isn't for me at all, as it is tooooo in my face for my liking and the whole neon colours and dark background don't interest me. But you have, obviously, put work in and that should be commemorated.

Also, I'm impossible to convince to change; I'm still using Nick's 'Chromatic 2.0'.​

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
This looks really beautiful! Feels like a mix between ubuntu and metro ui and feels really modern. I'm not usually a fan of black themes, but it looks good enough to be my main theme now.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
When I first encountered this style I was put off a bit. However, after using it for a while I must admit that it's very, well, user friendly haha. It kind of reminds me of the metro ui.

Though is it normal that there's no immediate link to the mod reports? I've been looking for a while but I can't seem to find it.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
You know, I like the general idea of the theme and what it's going for, but the forum tiles and a lot of the text are just too big. Combined with the many differently-colored forum tiles, it's actually bordering on being visually overwhelming for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've fixed the notification bug pointed out yesterday, and placed link to reports center for staffers that need it (could be found next to search icon in top navigation). Alongside, I've also made some response improvements for phones and other small-screen devices.

Let's hope this is better, haha. I haven't gotten any chance to work on text-editor as of yet, but will try getting it done sometime tomorrow.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
A little nitpick that I forgot to include in my earlier post. Is it supposed to look like this?

Spoiler:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hey, just bringing up something. I've noticed that the multiquote button doesn't allow me to multiquote. When I click on the + next to the " and then click on Post Reply, the posts that I've selected did not show up. Is this a problem to any others as well?

Yukari

I find it funny that so far the only themes that I like were all made by Ashly...

To stay on topic, I have to say that I like this one even more then the Y axis. It has a really... I dunno... Modern feel to it if that makes sense. The forum Tiles look really nice and I really like the sidebar, though it's going to take some getting used to since the notifications are on it now and I'm really used to them being at the top-right side of the screen.

One other thing. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the borders on my profile don't show up when I use this theme. I had the same problem with Color flattered X, Y, and ORAS, but it looks fine in just about every other theme.

Compare these screenshots.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've fixed multi-quote button. If it continues malfunctioning for any of us, feel free to post!

It seems that you don't have a pre-definied style and size set for your profile borders, Orpheus, so in styles that don't utilize these things (such as this one), things wind up looking a bit strange. Hopefully, once you update them, your profile is going to look perfectly fine. Let me know if this doesn't help, and I'll try looking into it further.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Oh, another thing: the Report Post image is broken. Please fix ty! You're the best, Ashley. <3

Edit: Looks like it's fixed. :P

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Oh, I also noticed that the exact time that the post is made is missing. It only says Yesterday, or Today, and no exact time. I'm pretty sure that would be helpful for others who want to track the time?

Back