• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Is there a more recent translation than Alerith/Soulfang? That's the one I got off HK...

Well there are several different translations of RM2k/2k3 i think..
    Myself i use Advocates RM2k3 translation, and if im not wrong, this is the most well known one, please correct me if it isnt.

Years
    ok when you do the boss thing after you defeat it how do you get it to dissapear like a boss does (for the catacombs)

Years
    lavender town067 said:
    ok when you do the boss thing after you defeat it how do you get it to dissapear like a boss does (for the catacombs)

Heres a pretty simple way to do it with the Start Combat/Enemy Encounter mode.

Remember to add a victory condition to it, then do like this:
    Note: Non event scripting is marked in bold text

<>Enemy Encounter: Battle Condition here, Monster group here
    : Victory Handler << this is so we can make the boss dissapear if you win
    Now add whatever you want of scripting inbetween the switch and the victory handler
    <>Switch Operation: [switch number here] ON << so the boss dissapears
    : Defeat Handler << this is if you get defeated
    <>Game Over << you can add a game over or do whatever you want

Thats really all it takes, now make an extra page and set the walking graphics for the boss to blank, and add whatever you want of event scripting

Years
    lavender town067 said:
    it doesant say switch operations or victory handler

That is how the coding looks.. on RM2k it says Change Switch, and Defeat Case (in start combat) i think.

But on RM2k3 it is Switch Operations, and Defeat Handler (in enemy encounter)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You can't. maybe you've heard or are talking about using a panorama and a chipset,
    or using a picture and a chipset. Those things I mentioned above are the usual ways
    people claim they theoretically use two chipsets.

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    You can't. maybe you've heard or are talking about using a panorama and a chipset,
    or using a picture and a chipset. Those things I mentioned above are the usual ways
    people claim they theoretically use two chipsets.

Actually you CAN use two chipsets on one map, you just need to use the Event script function named Change Chipset (RM2k) / Change Map Tileset (RM2k3) then pick a tileset you want it to change to, then put the event somewhere.. like a door that leads to another room, like in a dungeon.. but you'll need to put another event to change back to the other chipset if you want to be able to go in and out of the rooms, etc.

Years
    ok i programmed the zelda type battle system and it still wont work...are there any common mistakes that could be the problem?. i go at the enemy and we just walk into eachother, no damage or anything.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    What I do for ABS's is I have the event set on Hero Touch. Then I have a fork condition for "If key is pushed" and then an else case. So when you press space while touching it, it will do something (damage to enemy) and in the else handler I put the damage to you. How are you working it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back