• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
  • I thought you would never show up. Glad to know I'm wrong! Can't wait to read the draft. Hopefully it can still tie with our finalized story ideas ^_^. Btw, I'm going to add you. My name is slashtiki.

What is exactly the finalized story idea if I may ask because I've started with writing a dialogue for the game and in order to do that I need to know what ade story is gonna be.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • What is exactly the finalized story idea if I may ask because I've started with writing a dialogue for the game and in order to do that I need to know what ade story is gonna be.

I was referring to the beginning part. Did you all finalize the story while I was gone on Skype? If not, it's something that should be addressed in the next 4 days. Plus, we still need towns, cities, and the region name.

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • I was referring to the beginning part. Did you all finalize the story while I was gone on Skype? If not, it's something that should be addressed in the next 4 days. Plus, we still need towns, cities, and the region name.

I'm writing the dialogue of the beginning part and I also got some ideas for the other events. If I'm done I will post it on this thread.

DJTiki

Years
  • I'm writing the dialogue of the beginning part and I also got some ideas for the other events. If I'm done I will post it on this thread.

Thank you for writing the dialouge :)

At this point, we should really finalize the story. I know we still have four days, but if everyone submitted their own story idea and game ideas, then we'll get nowhere. After all, we haven't even considered the region whatsover. We just know that this is where the story mainly takes place in.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Hmm... well, I personally believe that we should expand the dex only so that we use some megas and provide some evolutions to some Pokémon (Generation 4 Evolutions).

Also, what do you mean by "new evolution methods"? Are you referring to the new evolution methods provided in later gens? I think that for safety purposes, we should insert these evolution methods ourselves. Can you send me the .bin files of the methods, please? :)

I thought you would never show up. Glad to know I'm wrong! Can't wait to read the draft. Hopefully it can still tie with our finalized story ideas ^_^. Btw, I'm going to add you. My name is slashtiki.

The only ones indexed and ready to go are the Kanto starters, BUT I did manage to find the Mega Hoenn starters and the spriters said they were fine with us using them as long as credits given. I will simply have to put them in a 256 x 64 frame and insert ^_^.

As far as the code goes, it allows for both the player and opponent to Mega Evolve. I haven't tested the latter though.

I have all the methods in hex in a table with pointers on my Aerial Emerald but if you want 'em i can send you the seperate .bin files... Also to make them work, use G3HS to set the No. Of max evolutions per PKMN to 8.

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    1: we should have as many megas as we can
    2: HGSS tiles are nice looking
    3: Expand the pokedex so we can include the Pokemon we need/want.

THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS.

DJTiki

Years
  • I have all the methods in hex in a table with pointers on my Aerial Emerald but if you want 'em i can send you the seperate .bin files... Also to make them work, use G3HS to set the No. Of max evolutions per PKMN to 8.

Although it would be easier to simply copy and paste the table, provided I repoint, it's better for me that I use the .bin files. Especially since I need to make sure that the Mega Evolution code isn't bothered.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Although it would be easier to simply copy and paste the table, provided I repoint, it's better for me that I use the .bin files. Especially since I need to make sure that the Mega Evolution code isn't bothered.

Can you please send me the Rom and i'll handle it, every routine can be located anywhere and there is a pointer table for it originally in 0x42FC0
    Send me the ROM, your G3T/G3HS Ini for testing purposes and the location of the pointer table

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Thank you for writing the dialouge :)

At this point, we should really finalize the story. I know we still have four days, but if everyone submitted their own story idea and game ideas, then we'll get nowhere. After all, we haven't even considered the region whatsover. We just know that this is where the story mainly takes place in.

This is the dialogue that iI wrote of the beginning part.
    (sorry if I made some mistakes.my english isn't the best.)
    Spoiler:

What do you guys think of it?
    Give feedback so we can make it better.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think we should make the tournament section a bit longer so its not a glorified cutscene :X.

DJTiki

Years
  • I feel the same way. Besides, the player sounds very one-dimensional. I think we should omit the player voice and add some more scenes with other characters. Possibly add a battle for tutorial sake and make the champion battle the second one.

EDIT: I'm still nowhere near my cpu. Storms set me back a few. Not sure when I'll be back. Hopefully by this evening.

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • I feel the same way. Besides, the player sounds very one-dimensional. I think we should omit the player voice and add some more scenes with other characters. Possibly add a battle for tutorial sake and make the champion battle the second one.

EDIT: I'm still nowhere near my cpu. Storms set me back a few. Not sure when I'll be back. Hopefully by this evening.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
    And what do you really mean by omitting the player voice?

DJTiki

Years
  • Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
    And what do you really mean by omitting the player voice?

Make the main character silent. Since Pokémon games inheritely let the player fill the shoes of the protagonist, having him talk will come off only as awkward.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    General Information
    Hack name: ???
    Hack of: FireRed
    Storyline: After the regional tournament is ruined by a mysterious group you must use your remaining resources to reclaim the stolen Pokémon and your title.
    Features: Mega Evolution, MrDS's Fairy patch, expanded dex,

Region
    Name: Amos
    Image: ??? (A large central island with many smaller islands and land bridges has been suggested).
    Towns/cities to be included in the release: ???
    Landmarks to be included in the release: The Grand Colosseum (tournament site).

Story
    Description of starting events + starter pokémon: Ivysaur, Wartortle or Charmeleon can be chosen as you set off to stop the team. These are not your first Pokémon, but they're the ones you get to choose :D.
    Other events to be included in the release: TBA

For a title, I like Pokemon Titanium Version, someone mentioned it in the skype - it's quite classical and isn't too specific and limiting. Any other suggestions?

Region name... Well, not so sure. We did so some brainstorming in skype but I can't remember what options we came up with.

Towns/Cities can be worked out last.

Have I missed any features?

Last edited:

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • For a title, I like Pokemon Titanium Version, someone mentioned it in the skype - it's quite classical and isn't too specific and limiting. Any other suggestions?

Region name... Well, not so sure. We did so some brainstorming in skype but I can't remember what options we came up with.

Towns/Cities can be worked out last.

Have I missed any features?

That's a great name for a hack!
    I was also thinking about Pokémon Midnight Black, as Darkrai would be the Mascot, and Cresselia was also available to catch in the game... Thoughts?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I was also thinking about Pokémon Midnight Black, as Darkrai would be the Mascot, and Cresselia was also available to catch in the game... Thoughts?

That's what I was trying to avoid since we haven't even discussed legendaries.

tbh I'm not sure we need them

Back