• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    If someone makes sprites and an item known as mega stone I think I can put the mega evolution.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think we can REALLY go far with this idea alone. That idea itself brings more themes to the table. Traditional vs. Modern. Old vs. New. Steel and Electric vs. Grass and Bug. Artificial vs. Real. I'm liking this idea a lot.

deibird.is.a.win is my skype. I'll be on as often as I can, let's brainstorm!

I like the ideas we have going, I think the underground/overground thing would be cool, and I also like the tech/nature one.

I've had an idea for a game that I've been thinking about lately, what if you start out as a well known/high calibur trainer and the main focus is the battle park/pokemon league, like you start there and enter a tournament with some other trainers who made it to the event.

The evil team could have a member in the league that isnt revealed to be anything but a normal trainer until whatever their evil scheme is unfolds. Our hero/heroine could start with a badass team, just to lose it to the evil not-so-fellows, losing your team could cause you to be disqualified or maybe they super sabotaged the battle event, like they stole everyone's registered pokemon, and then the game really starts and you get new pokemon and then you have to rescue everyone pokemon, and get the tournament to start again so you can claim the gold trophy... or something like that
    I'm down to work on anything though, hope this helps along with the brainstorming process.

Combining these ideas - the 'evil team' could be doing this to protest about the modern age of pokemon. The infiltrator, the one taking part in the tournament (for some reason I see a girl? could be gender opposite) would have to be pretty sneaky to work her way in undercover.

In order to get your pokemon: I really can't stress how much I think we should avoid a typical 'start from nothing' approach. Ideas...

> The evil team take all pokemon but end up chucking a few that won't fit in their stuffed hot air balloon - you and the other victims share (they'll even give you first dibs!).
    > At the beginning of the game you 'stash' some of your weaker pokemon which you then use (similar circumstance could be use that you have to leave two to help defend the tournament grounds).
    > If the team is violent perhaps a hurt trainer offer you their pokemon?...

What I'd reeeaally like is if whatever pokemon we're starting with is not lv 5. It should not be so weak - as they'll soon be battling this (obviously pretty strong) team. So yeah - maybe start at lv 20/25 or something?

If someone makes sprites and an item known as mega stone I think I can put the mega evolution.

! :) If you could give it a go with using random items/pokemon and get it working I'm sure we could invest in getting the sprites sorted later.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Combining these ideas - the 'evil team' could be doing this to protest about the modern age of pokemon. The infiltrator, the one taking part in the tournament (for some reason I see a girl? could be gender opposite) would have to be pretty sneaky to work her way in undercover.

In order to get your pokemon: I really can't stress how much I think we should avoid a typical 'start from nothing' approach. Ideas...

> At the beginning of the game you 'stash' some of your weaker pokemon which you then use (similar circumstance could be use that you have to leave two to help defend the tournament grounds).

What I'd reeeaally like is if whatever pokemon we're starting with is not lv 5. It should not be so weak - as they'll soon be battling this (obviously pretty strong) team. So yeah - maybe start at lv 20/25 or something?

! :) If you could give it a go with using random items/pokemon and get it working I'm sure we could invest in getting the sprites sorted later.

I really like the idea of the stashing some weaker Pokèmon. Probably at the beginning of the game, you recieve a large present which would be some weaker Pokémon before the final battle of the tourney. Since you have a full team of 6, you don't put them on your team. Afterwards when your team is lost, you and your two friends decide amongst each other which Pokémon in the present to take. This Pokémon is a second stage evolution Pokémon out of three (ex. Groyvle, Combusken, Marshtomp).

And afterwards, you get to choose 2 more weaker Pokémon to make a team of 3 to start with. So it would be Get Present > Battle In Tourney Finale > Evil Team Shows Up > Lose Current Team > Wash up on new region > Get starter from present > Get two more Pokémon > Start Game

From a game design aspect, I think it would be the wiser to frame this game from Level 10-15, so we don't miss out on Pokémon who evolves around 16 or so (which is a huge chunk of Kantomons and some starters). Of course, this would mean that we miss out on Weedle and Caterpie. :( But honestly, we all just wanted Butterfree and Beedrill.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can we stop washing up on a new region otherwise Le Pug is gonna sue us for copyright :') I think you're still missing the point of an elite trainer if we're going back so far ):.

DJTiki

Years
  • Can we stop washing up on a new region otherwise Le Pug is gonna sue us for copyright :') I think you're still missing the point of an elite trainer if we're going back so far ):.

Le won't sue me. He loves me. I get what you mean of an elite trainer, but there still has to he some room for player choice, right? And a full team of 6 sort of hinders that. :(

After all, with a team of 3, you already start off unlike most hacks. Plus the fact that no other hacks start with you failing. What I'm saying, as far levels go, is that your "starter" (a slavaged Pokémon) is around 20-25, but your other two Pokémon are level 10 or so. This still gives you a fighting chance against the enemy team, but you also have the means for getting new Pokémon with your weaker mons.

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    I'll start the mega's when we are allowed to hack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I get what you mean with a team of three, but I think if people are given two lv 10 pokemon they'll just be ignored. Better to facilitate the choice of one lv 20 (second stage starter, or maybe a different choice of some kind) and then introduce them into an area where pokemon are lv 15+.

I'll start the mega's when we are allowed to hack.

We're allowed! :)

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    I thought we can't hack until the end of the thinking period.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I thought we can't hack until the end of the thinking period.

I asked Christos and he said we're allowed to prepare bits and pieces - since that's sorting out our base I don't think it really counts as starting ^^.

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    What's the base? Fire red, emerald, ruby, saphhire, etc?

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Okay. One more thing, do we want one stone known as mega Stone or every Individual stone?

trenhoj

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Not my way. I'll just add the evolved form with the stone. I need the sprites tho. And I might need to change some Pokemon.

DJTiki

Years
  • Not my way. I'll just add the evolved form with the stone. I need the sprites tho. And I might need to change some Pokemon.

Waitwait. Did you go on Touched's thread? He has the actual method for Mega Evolution. If anything, we should insert that. After all, Mega Evolutions aren't true evolutions to begin with.

Years
  • As Team Four if we want to win this, we want our rom to stand out, I propose changing the game's starting level for most Pokemon to be around level 60-80. Drastic I know, but here's some reasoning;

1). You're already an ace trainer at a battle tournament league something, so your team is probably pretty strong.

2). Level grinding could be cut down, no one likes level grinding, we've all played a million pokemon game files I assume. At 70 for example that basically puts the level cap at 30.

3). It's a Battle Park island type of thingwhich were unlocked at the end of the game, after you have a nice team; The sevii islands, had lv35-40 wild, and trainers were lv 55 with the vs seeker. The Battle Park in Emerald had wild smeargle, around 30-40 if I remember right. The Battle Frontier in Platinum had lv 50-54 Rhydon and Hippowdon (and lv25 Diglett).

Now, this doesnt mean all of the Pokemon would be fully evolved, I could change what level moves are learned, and at what level evolution happens.

Also, I would like to change Base Stat Totals of Pokemon, I wouldn't mess with the curve, I would just like to even out some BST's so that there are no inherently bad Pokemon, for example starters would fo from 314 to 400, and pokemon like Ariados would go from 390 to 600. It would overall balance things a bit and make more and would give lower evos and many Pokemon that have unfortunately low BST's a better chance in battle, some people may not like the fully evolved form as much as the secondary form for some species, and I think they should be able to bring like Wartortle or something into the battle park, without having to worry as much about how much more efficient it would be to bring a Blastoise.

Also, at higher levels, moves like bubble and scratch, don't do much, like not much at all, I could do a general slight buff to help moves with lower base power not take up too much time in battles.

I understand this is all kind of out there, feel free to disagree with it, just be honest and lets make progress.

I like the order of events so far, the trainer has his/her tournament team, helping develop the character a little more for people, then the team is taken, giving the fresh start and allowing players to start building their own team, starting from the present.

EDIT: this all, of course, depends on wether or not we use this story.

Back