• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
  • This was the basic concept of the story that I came up with:

Spoiler:

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • What do you Think of this?
    Spoiler:

This a small concept off my idea.
    So what do you think?
    All ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
  • I did it. Mega Evolutions along with MrDs's patch are in. Why did it take me all day? I don't know. But I did it. I'd like thank the academy. I'd like to thank my friends. My family. I'd to thank Jesus. I'd like to thank Touched-senpai. I wanna give props to the OG MrDollSteak and his crew. I'd like to thank Christ. I'm done for the day. Thank you and good night!

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    If you got the mega's done then thank you! I tried but I could not figure it out.

DJTiki

Years
  • I inserted a multitude of ASM routines that would benefit the hack. I so far have extended flags and vars (not tested), inserted the bag backup/delete routines, and made TMs infinite. I will not be hacking for the next two days. I will be around on the forums, but I won't be hacking the ROM whatsoever. What routines should we insert in the ROM? Go to this thread for more information.

Last edited:
    Years
  • idea for region: central island has the main coliseum, and there are other islands around that have other battle events at them, which the evil team may have taken over, story events happen.

Idea for new game feature: You get around from island to island on a motorized surfboard, which uses the mechanics of a mach bike but on water only, if that would be possible

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Guys, a feature related question:
    Graphics: Are we going 4th/5th gen style, or are we going 3rd/3.5 gen style?

Mega evolutions? Yes or no?
    Pokemon until 4th/5th/6th gen or a variation from all gens?
    Talk to me so i can make a base for our hack?

Years

From what I know Mega Evolutions are going to be featured, which ones I don't know, and for other gen Pokemon, probably a variation from all gens. If we had a map to go from, picking Pokemon for the game would be easier. I'll try to add some more ideas for the region.

DJTiki

Years

Graphics: That's something we would have to consult as a team, but if it were me, I'd say 3.5 gen style.

Mega Evolutions: I already inserted them c:

Pokémon: I'd say a nice variation of all gens. But again, this is a group consensus in mind.

Also, I've been away for the weekend but I will say that I built the majority of the base. This coming week, the base should be finished and I can confidently send the patch for you to work on. :)

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years

When it comes to the graphics i think 4th gen style is the best.
    Mega Evolution is featured in the game. But we don't know wich mega evolutions. But I think Mega charizard, venusaur and blastoise are defenitly gonna be in the game. And a variation of all gens is fine.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Graphics: That's something we would have to consult as a team, but if it were me, I'd say 3.5 gen style.

Mega Evolutions: I already inserted them c:

Pokémon: I'd say a nice variation of all gens. But again, this is a group consensus in mind.

Also, I've been away for the weekend but I will say that I built the majority of the base. This coming week, the base should be finished and I can confidently send the patch for you to work on. :)

Well if i'll expand the dex, how much PKMN should we add, and i could handle new evolution methods using the data i have from my hack and i have HGSS Style Tiles waiting to be used if you guys want 'em

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Well if i'll expand the dex, how much PKMN should we add, and i could handle new evolution methods using the data i have from my hack and i have HGSS Style Tiles waiting to be used if you guys want 'em

I like HGSS tiles so I guess we could use them. At least if everyone agrees of course.

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on at all, I've been busy... :) Anyway, the HUGE draft I'm writing about the hack we should make is almost finished

Skype me - patrickbw2001 (It was my friends old one, lol)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    HGSS tiles sound good, as long as there's a good range to work with and plenty of different buildings :).

As for which megas are in, we need to finalise some starters and make do with theirs (assuming we want the starter to mega evolve).

Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander
    Treecko/Mudkip/Torchic
    Random other three that can mega-evolve

Choices? :) If you pick other make a suggestion~

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • HGSS tiles sound good, as long as there's a good range to work with and plenty of different buildings :).

As for which megas are in, we need to finalise some starters and make do with theirs (assuming we want the starter to mega evolve).

a question about the mega evolution:

Will the player only be able to mega evolve or is it possible that one of his opponents will be able to mega evolve too?

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Both :), from what I understand.

Okay than I guess it could be cool if the starter that the player picks can mega evolve and that for example the evil team boss has an ace pokemon that can mega evolve to. And maybe his rival or something.

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • HGSS tiles sound good, as long as there's a good range to work with and plenty of different buildings :).

But another question:

About how many mega's are we talking?
    How many mega's are we able to add to the game?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm not sure there are limits. It depends on our pokedex I suppose. No point adding a mega if that Pokemon isn't obtainable or battle able.

DJTiki

Years
  • Well if i'll expand the dex, how much PKMN should we add, and i could handle new evolution methods using the data i have from my hack and i have HGSS Style Tiles waiting to be used if you guys want 'em

Hmm... well, I personally believe that we should expand the dex only so that we use some megas and provide some evolutions to some Pokémon (Generation 4 Evolutions).

Also, what do you mean by "new evolution methods"? Are you referring to the new evolution methods provided in later gens? I think that for safety purposes, we should insert these evolution methods ourselves. Can you send me the .bin files of the methods, please? :)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on at all, I've been busy... :) Anyway, the HUGE draft I'm writing about the hack we should make is almost finished

Skype me - patrickbw2001 (It was my friends old one, lol)

I thought you would never show up. Glad to know I'm wrong! Can't wait to read the draft. Hopefully it can still tie with our finalized story ideas ^_^. Btw, I'm going to add you. My name is slashtiki.

HGSS tiles sound good, as long as there's a good range to work with and plenty of different buildings :).

The only ones indexed and ready to go are the Kanto starters, BUT I did manage to find the Mega Hoenn starters and the spriters said they were fine with us using them as long as credits given. I will simply have to put them in a 256 x 64 frame and insert ^_^.

a question about the mega evolution:

Will the player only be able to mega evolve or is it possible that one of his opponents will be able to mega evolve too?

As far as the code goes, it allows for both the player and opponent to Mega Evolve. I haven't tested the latter though.

Back