• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Elements1

Meh
Years
Found a shiny Zigzagoon, in my first time playing Emerald though I accidently killed it :( Then in Firered, I found a shiny Ratatta before I had any pokeballs. Bad luck with third gen shiny's :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I found two shiny Golbat (green) in a succession of thirty minutes or so in Victory Road. I caught both of them, but I felt it unfair that both the shinies should be the same Pokémon. Another time, when I was playing a slightly modified version of a Ruby ROM on an emulator, I got a purple shiny spheal that eventually evolved into Walrein, and I do think I have the ROM save somewhere, but it's on an emulator, so I'm not counting that.

Years
The first shiny pokemon i've ever met was at FR and it was a meowth, because then i was a small kid i threw the master ball thinking it was impossible to catch because it was shiny. xD

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
My first was a hariyama in pokemon emerald in victory road. Caught it but will prob never use it

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I found my first shiny in sapphire it was a zigzagoon, after him I found a shiny oddish. Both zigzagoon and oddish I found in sapphire while doing a challange so I couldn't use them.

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Besides a shiny geodude which I caught and eventually transferred up to my Pokemon Black as a Golem, I've only seen one other shiny.

It was a Zigzagoon. More specifically the one that Wally uses to battle the wild Ralts with. ...
Oh, you can bet that was depressing. I reset the game after throwing it at the wall.

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Been playing for years and years, unfortunatley still waiting on my first shiny Pokemon :(

Years
I am going to get bunch of money using the team rocket grunt's nuggets (I can handle losing to that guy xyz times, because deep in my heart I know I am letting him win xD) and then I will keep buying all those Pokemon and soft resetting. Hopefully I'll get a shiny :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
I did! it was a Sableye in emerald... :I i found it while i was going up rayquaza's tower. i had a hard time there and maybe the little fellow poked me due to pity... haha

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
My first time playing Emerald I caught a shiny Absol and a shiny Kecleon. But in the like 50+ times I've played it since then I haven't once caught or even seen a shiny pokemon :I

Years
My first shiny was a shiny Claydol in Pokemon black.I was about to fight Volcarona and then when I was about to walk up and fight it,a shiny Claydol appears.I caught it and gave it an awful nickname: WHAT?!?!?!.Yeah,I named it that because of the sheer surprise of encountering it.Thankfully,before transferring it to Pokemon X&Y,I renamed it Cosmo.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Unfortunately not. :( I've always had bad luck when it comes to shinies. That's probably because I avoid wild encounters a lot, haha.

Years
Well, I played Fire Red a lot, so I caught lots of shinies too. I usually get them when I train before Elite Four at Victory Road. I remember, when I got 2 geodudes on my first playthrough lol :D. But the one that I'm most proud of was shiny Voltorb, man he looks so cool :D.

Back