• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 30, 2015
Ohhhhh snap. I just found a Nidoran M Shiny in the Safari zone on F/R.

"Its right here Ray, its looking at me."

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 30, 2015
GOT IT!!! Wooo woo! I got the vid on my iphone, I was playing the game on my GameCube GBA adapter! I'll get the video up here shortly.

Years
I was able to find a shiny Oddish (safari zone) and a shiny Zubat (some cave somewhere) which I luckily didn't forget about and traded them to my copy of Pokemon Black. However since I'm not really into either of them I guess the PC will be their home for all eternity.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Yep, many times!

In RSE I've found a shiny Swablu, Spinda, Golbat, Oddish, Abra, and Poochyena.

And in FRLG I've found a shiny Venonat, Diglett, and two shiny Rattatas.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
My first non-gen 2 shiny was from Sapphire! I didn't play it when it originally came out, though - instead I was playing through it for the first time in 2013, and I came across a Zigzagoon that I was pretty sure did not look brown. I caught it just to be safe, and lo and behold, it was shiny! That Zigzagoon started me on my current shiny streak. :)

~Psychic

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I never encountered a shiny until FireRed in 2005.

It was a Tauros. And it ran away.

I haven't encountered a single shiny in the wild since.

Years
It was a long time before I started encountering legitimate shinies. My first shiny encounter in 3rd Gen was a Metapod in Viridian Forest.
I used Pikachu, Thunder Shock. It did just over half HP damage. My starter had fainted from poisoning, so Pikachu was my only choice.
Long story short, I ran out of Pokéballs, because a METAPOD of all things decided to resist capture. :(

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Indeed I have, several as a matter of fact.
Shiny Abra
Shiny Hoppip
Shiny Porygon
Shiny Dratini
Shiny Charmander
Shiny Magikarp
Shiny Chansey
Shiny Aerodactyl

Thats 8 shinies. All of these were on my FireRed. There was that point in my life where I was addicted to hunting for shinies, I spent hours a day just Soft Reseting. The only one of those that I found on accident was hoppip. I ended up losing that FireRed while moving :'(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I found a Shiny Dusclops... In the Battle Pike... I still hate RNG to this day...

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
I caught a shiny Doduo once in the Safari Zone on a firered save but it ended up getting wiped! I really want a shiny Ponyta!

UkitakeJuushiro

Captain of the 13th division.Sogyo no Kotowari's m
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I can't post links yet so just check the attachment.I'm on a Fire Red shiny hunt.

Back