• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hey, I'm a newbie at this stuff. I'm trying to learn how to put different images in my map on Advance map.

HOW do people put all those nice trees etc onto the map? I only have the basic ones on Advance map, but HOW do I add my own "tiles" (not sure if thats what they are called)

I'm sure some of you can understand what I mean... how do I add my own pictures like trees, grass, etc to a map? I can't figure it out.

I use advance map.

Any guides or people willing to help me would be so awesome! And I'd be so extremely greatful if someone could PM me and help me! Thanks so much in advanced!

You can actually read this guide here. It's a nice little guide on how to insert tiles. It should help ya out.

Years
  • Ok, I figured out how to do tiles/maps kinda... but I'm kinda stuck here:

i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/1918293456/palette.png

How do I make the block thingy bigger? I save it, but have no space to put in new blocks. What I am talking about, is how do I make the picture in the center of these windows, bigger.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Whaat?
    Oh, you mean ADD them in...
    There's free space after some the water tiles...
    Big chunk of black.
    Other than that, you'll have to replace some, I think...

Years
  • I believe he is talking about: Tools> Block Editor> Blocks> Change Amount.

EDIT: adding a question of my own...

Edit (again): No longer have that question :)

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    If you want the same tree tiles you have to either put the tree on tileset 1, which every outdoor map uses, or do it on tileset 2 and in the remain space change whatever differences you want in each town and save it.

Meaning, save you current tileset 2 and make a copy and any changes to it without changing the tree you want and load this copy where you like. Get it? I would have been easier if the tree was on tileset 1, but to do that, it would have been more difficult and there is a higher chance other tiles may get disturbed if you were not careful.

PS: You should go to the border box thing on advance map and put what is necessary there so you could fix the error on VBA screenie.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Okay i am hacking an Emerald ROM and need snow tiles, i found a ruby rombase and saved the snow tiles (attached) from it. Using A-Map how do i get them on the Emerald hack. it said you can also use the block editor but im having trouble with that

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Okay i am hacking an Emerald ROM and need snow tiles, i found a ruby rombase and saved the snow tiles (attached) from it. Using A-Map how do i get them on the Emerald hack. it said you can also use the block editor but im having trouble with that

Just save the pallete that the icy tiles use and import them replacing the corresponding pallete number (ie. if you saved pallete 0, replace pallete 0 on your rom). Then go back to the rom base and save tileset 1 in that pallete of the ice tiles. Then in your hacks rom import the saved tileset in the pallete of the ice tiles. If that didn't make sense then tell me and I'll try to explain it better with screenshots.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Just save the pallete that the icy tiles use and import them replacing the corresponding pallete number (ie. if you saved pallete 0, replace pallete 0 on your rom). Then go back to the rom base and save tileset 1 in that pallete of the ice tiles. Then in your hacks rom import the saved tileset in the pallete of the ice tiles. If that didn't make sense then tell me and I'll try to explain it better with screenshots.

yeah i tried that but it didnt work, in my Ruby Rom base i exported the tileset1 from under Picture but it said, could not write it contains two blocks of the same color (or something along the lines of that.) Then i did the import export routine and nothing happened.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    yeah i tried that but it didnt work, in my Ruby Rom base i exported the tileset1 from under Picture but it said, could not write it contains two blocks of the same color (or something along the lines of that.) Then i did the import export routine and nothing happened.
    Just go into pallete editor find the two colours that are the same and change 1 of them slightly. Make sure you import the pallete before the tileset as well.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    ok i did that but this time the only thing that changed was the trees and they turned black. Lucky i make backups

lukeh

Former ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I am just about to start a brand new game. I need help on map ideas, though. I want to just know how to completely clear the game of all original maps, warps, signs, scripts, ect. Elite Map only lets you clear one at a time.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Heh... I have a problem.

I have..... Normal grass (=movement C)
    I tile higher mountain (=movement 10)
    And another rock on the mountain, which movement do I put?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back