• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Not an update this time.

[alink id="not"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Resp"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]not[/a id]

Author's Notes

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Hello everyone, those who read this and those who don't.
    _ _ _
    Progress is going on a steady, slow rate, like a turtle going for food. Slow, but steady. I'm slowly replacing certain overworlds of the game to new ones, for as i've said, none of the FR overworlds will be the same (except for recurring characters).
    _ _ _
    Since I don't see many (or satisfying) replies, I decided to keep my own opinion on decapitalization and do a partial one myself. Meaning, I won't be using Wichu's patch, but I'll keep the Pokenames, items and move to Capitals, while decapitalizing locations, actions and several other data.
    _ _ _
    My illness has passed, fortunately, and I'm generally back in track again.
    _ _ _
    If someone is offering to help, there are 3 things that I need help with :
    Inserting stuff, it's possible for me, but saves me time
    Music editing, same as above
    Cry editing. I can't do that myself. Leave a message if you want to help or not.
    _ _ _
    The next actual big update will be the alpha release, which will depend on how fast will the scripts be finished. The Alpha's length will be up to Cosmopolis harbor, which counts as approximately 4% of the total gameplay and including catching up to 18 different kinds of pokemon.
    _ _ _
    That's it for now. I guess I should do some spriting for others, as I'm slow on there, too. Sigh.
    [/jq]

[a id]Resp[/a id]

Responses

That's a great idea for Stomp's new effect. Will the accuracy be improved? Oh, and can Snorlax learn Stomp in this game (I forget whether he could learn that already)?
    Anyway, looking good! Keep up the good work.
    The accuracy will remain the same. No, Snorlax won't be learning stomp (it never knew the specific move anyway), mainly to the fact that it can't actually stomp on other things. Don't worry though, as I have something else in mind for it.
    The overworld is disapointing from what I have seen from your other work. The tainer sprite looks okay, the new battle animation looks awesome. I also Like the platelet changes you made.
    Thanks. Indeed, as someone else said, the overworld needs fixing. But, either way, I've decided to switch that ows and sprite for one of the rivals, Yar. Thank Deathwish for making those palette changes possible, though.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Well, it's natural that the starter that you have a disatvantage on will be like that...
    ...oh, did I mention that Nincada won't be Ground type as well as Shedinja cannot be caught?

By the way, have faith in this triangle. The starters are these for a reason.

OK, makes kinda sense now... I guess, you made the player have a bigger advantage against the starter it is weakest to... Interesting. But, to me, doesn't sound right, but it works. Seeing as you said they are them for a reason, I will have faith.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    hey,..im gonna write down my opinion about this hack,hmm..,the strylinr is solid,i like the sound of it..it have something that attract my curiosity.The features are cool too.The sprites are well made,and the o/w too.Good choice of tiles[fire red]..The tittlescreen is amazing and i can't really jusde the mapping from the current screenshots.I don't really mind whether its is decapitalization or not.I look more into the plot then anything else..Hope to see more screens and updates/

Your Pc Friend,
    \Crimson Stardust/

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    PC ate my reply, so this one is somewhat shorter D:

I'm liking the new Saffron City pallete, NiKa! Drab, shallow and grey - Its a pessimist's wet dream! :D

NiKaNoRoU said:
    Since I don't see many (or satisfying) replies, I decided to keep my own opinion on decapitalization and do a partial one myself. Meaning, I won't be using Wichu's patch, but I'll keep the Pokenames, items and move to Capitals, while decapitalizing locations, actions and several other data.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason why people decapitalise to change the Pokemon names, moves and items? They're the things you see the most often (Apart from possibly script text), so there's no real reason to have a couple of capitalised words blatently stand out from a sea of non-capitalised scripts.

My vote for decapitalisation still stands. :<

The next actual big update will be the alpha release, which will depend on how fast will the scripts be finished. The Alpha's length will be up to Cosmopolis harbor, which counts as approximately 4% of the total gameplay and including catching up to 18 different kinds of pokemon.

Alpha = :D

Nice tagline though: 'Catch eighteen Pokemon and do 4% of the things I said you could' ;P

Good luck with this mate, and I look forward to the Alpha!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Thanks! 8)

I need help indeed, well, mainly to save time. I'd be good if I found someone to insert anything (except tiles, which is Deviation's job), just to save me time from doing it myself. Major credit of course. Also, a music hacker with original ideas would be cool. ;o

Anyway, hope Web of Deceit goes as good, too. I could make custom character portraits for you. If you can index and insert them.

=P Depends on what you mean by "original". I can insert music. xP

D= No comment.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Yet another text update.
    [alink id="aat"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Re743"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]aat[/a id]

Author's Notes

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Good day, fellow readers, once again.
    _ _ _
    The hack is now at the inserting stage, and Deviation is working hard, though. Still, just because I'm a rather stubborn Eagle, I've requested for all D/P Pokemon to be implemented before the alpha, so the Alpha release will be delayed. Yay.
    _ _ _
    Spherical Ice (the now-discovered scripter of PR : Expansion), who's knowledge is more and more prodigy-like every passing day, is playing around TCGames patiently awaiting for the hack to be ready for scripts.
    Oh, there will be blood dynamics.
    _ _ _
    I've made several OWs these days, as I managed to get more free time online. But, they're held for the alpha, so not peeking.
    _ _ _
    Anyway, since the Alpha will surely be delayed already, I have decided to sacrifice a few more days in order to augment the alpha length up to the first gym Trainer Task in Cerulean. That would be 6% of total gameplay.
    _ _ _
    DrFuji has made ttwo great nanners, who are uploaded to the first post.
    ...which by the way, got a boost in eye-candy terms.
    _ _ _
    Are you actually reading this? if you do, thanks for your time, and be sure to reply with comments!
    [/jq]

[a id]Re743[/a id]

Responses

The Hero OW is pretty good, but you should outline the hair, and it'll become better.
    Done. It's actually another character's OW now. I decided to make the main Hero more schmexy.

OK, makes kinda sense now... I guess, you made the player have a bigger advantage against the starter it is weakest to... Interesting. But, to me, doesn't sound right, but it works. Seeing as you said they are them for a reason, I will have faith.
    You're kinda outdated here, Mr inserter :<
    hey,..im gonna write down my opinion about this hack,hmm..,the strylinr is solid,i like the sound of it..it have something that attract my curiosity.The features are cool too.The sprites are well made,and the o/w too.Good choice of tiles[fire red]..The tittlescreen is amazing and i can't really jusde the mapping from the current screenshots.I don't really mind whether its is decapitalization or not.I look more into the plot then anything else..Hope to see more screens and updates/

Your Pc Friend,
    \Crimson Stardust/
    Thanks for the feedback. It wasn't on my plans to show mapshots in the first place.
    PC ate my reply, so this one is somewhat shorter D:

I'm liking the new Saffron City pallete, NiKa! Drab, shallow and grey - Its a pessimist's wet dream! :D

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason why people decapitalise to change the Pokemon names, moves and items? They're the things you see the most often (Apart from possibly script text), so there's no real reason to have a couple of capitalised words blatently stand out from a sea of non-capitalised scripts.

My vote for decapitalisation still stands. :<

Alpha = :D

Nice tagline though: 'Catch eighteen Pokemon and do 4% of the things I said you could' ;P

Good luck with this mate, and I look forward to the Alpha!
    Heh, you're as sharp as always :3

Thanks a lot (for the userbars, too). The total gameplay of the alpha will be now boosted up to 6%, and catchable pokemon up to 29.
    =P Depends on what you mean by "original". I can insert music. xP

D= No comment.
    Well, i might consider you if you got time, but not now, I guess. Music isn't a priority for the time being.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion
    the tree shadowing is wrong at the end(next to the player) and why is every thing so straight. I like the pallets you used in the flowers.
    Again Nice pallet choices.
    The Title screen background could be better, but the text looks nice. Also I really Like the Fakemon.

I like the re-poses but the zigzagoon eye looks odd.

Not sure what else to say but this hack seems very nice, and I know the sprites will be nice for the fact that a lot of you work wasn't shown to the general public. This will be one of the few hacks I will actually download(this and infernal legend XD)

Years
    Another hack with the same tiles on fire red ... I do not like those tiles.Porque style can not fire red tiles and change those, as almost all the hacks that I use them here and I feel very repetitive.

The sprites do not like, but would have to improve and practice.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Another hack with the same tiles on fire red ... I do not like those tiles.Porque style can not fire red tiles and change those, as almost all the hacks that I use them here and I feel very repetitive.

You don't like the tiles (FR slightly changed) as they are.... Common? A lot of hacks use Custom tiles. Most use custom tiles, now I think of it, and only like... Well, not many that are still around don't use custom, and if there are more, they are planning to use new, custom tiles. The FR tiles fit the GBA theme, and new tiles are... Well, unnecessary (how ironic, a Tile Inserter believes his job to be unimportant!).

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

Zein, FR Tiles isn't always bad.

Of course, new Tiles are good, but now, I've changed.

I realized that FR Tiles are actually one of the best tiles in Hacks!

And also, for the sprites, I think they're fine.
    Very fine indeed.

Years
    Hey, NiKa.

I see you enjoy using the assistance and spoiler tags a lot. XD

I do like those reposes, bud. Nice change of Dragon Dance (sexy, I daresay).

I'm not so sure about giving Splash 'teh powa', but it's not too bad, I guess.

Good choice with the textbox. And nice text style, too.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to start scriptin'!

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years

[alink id="Ay"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Upt"]Updates[/alink id] | [alink id="Rez"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]Ay[/a id]

Author's Notes

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Howdy, it's time for some eye-candy!
    _ _ _
    While Deviation keeps inserting stuff, I suppose I should spoil you some spriting art that I made.
    _ _ _
    ...i've recently learnt how to do animated GIFs, so I abused it XD
    _ _ _
    That's about it. Enjoy!
    [/jq]

[a id]Upt[/a id]

Updates

All sprites are scratch, in Paint.

Arceus Moving OW

The NEW cutting tree

A Pokestaue OW

Dextroy's OW

Character portraits for Josh, Prof.Guth and Porfyro have been added to the first post. Go check!

Enjoy a great sprite of the legendary fakemon, Viblade:

(Paint does wonder when you have patience)

What will you expecting next
    Spoiler:

[a id]Rez[/a id]

Responses

the tree shadowing is wrong at the end(next to the player) and why is every thing so straight. I like the pallets you used in the flowers.
    The Title screen background could be better, but the text looks nice. Also I really Like the Fakemon.

Not sure what else to say but this hack seems very nice, and I know the sprites will be nice for the fact that a lot of you work wasn't shown to the general public. This will be one of the few hacks I will actually download(this and infernal legend XD)
    Thanks, so it's time to enjoy some new sprites!
    Yeah, well, the trees look straight and have a weird shading because it's actually the map's border...

I'm trying to improve myself. But i'm sticking with FR tiles, sorry.

You don't like the tiles (FR slightly changed) as they are.... Common? A lot of hacks use Custom tiles. Most use custom tiles, now I think of it, and only like... Well, not many that are still around don't use custom, and if there are more, they are planning to use new, custom tiles. The FR tiles fit the GBA theme, and new tiles are... Well, unnecessary (how ironic, a Tile Inserter believes his job to be unimportant!).
    Stop supporting me so much <3
    Zein, FR Tiles isn't always bad.

Of course, new Tiles are good, but now, I've changed.

I realized that FR Tiles are actually one of the best tiles in Hacks!

And also, for the sprites, I think they're fine.
    Very fine indeed.
    Thanks, have a look on the new ones, too!
    Hey, NiKa.

I see you enjoy using the assistance and spoiler tags a lot. XD

I do like those reposes, bud. Nice change of Dragon Dance (sexy, I daresay).

I'm not so sure about giving Splash 'teh powa', but it's not too bad, I guess.

Good choice with the textbox. And nice text style, too.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to start scriptin'!
    Can't wait to give you the hack! C:

Yeah, I love those tags. Don't you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024

I made those palettes, DO I GET CREDITS?
    *Ahem* Anyway, your (*.gif)'s rock mate. The legendary reminds me of a mix of Palkia and a fakemon of ChaosBlack version. -.-

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    The gifs look awesome Nik. Progress report - Just over halfway with inserting sprites. Just worth mentioning. Will get to tiles tomorrow. Working my hardest to make sure this gets released soon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Hey, Nikanorou, congratulations for winning the HotW. You deserved it. ;D
    Onwards to the HotM now, i guess?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    I regret never checking this thread, because you go above and beyond with your details. The .gifs are very well done, and your fakemon kinda does look like something from Chaos Black. (As Ray said) This hack is an example that there are still great hacks in the progressing hacks section (I can name a few that catch my eye) with a great team to back you up I'm sure you'll do great!

Also, what is that in the title screen, I honestly can't tell. Is it that Palkia looking fakemon? :|

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I regret never checking this thread, because you go above and beyond with your details. The .gifs are very well done, and your fakemon kinda does look like something from Chaos Black. (As Ray said) This hack is an example that there are still great hacks in the progressing hacks section (I can name a few that catch my eye) with a great team to back you up I'm sure you'll do great!

Also, what is that in the title screen, I honestly can't tell. Is it that Palkia looking fakemon? :|
    Thanks, you finally appeared :p

I get that a lot for my fakemon >_> don't worry though, its ingame post will make you go (b '_')b

And yeah, the same fakemon on the tittlescreen, but I'm going to change the tittlescreen in the end.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back