• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Well, just to let you know this isn't trashed yet.

I've been away for a week or so, but I'm still on with that. The Master is taking his time now, scripting.

You will get the alpha after that, though.

I don't see many replies or suggestions, but oh, well, for the few supporters of this hack, it's not dead people!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Hey NiK, good to see you've still got this going! If you need some filler scripting for random NPCs, let me know, I know those can be really annoying. I'll do some minor events too, if you want (emphasis on the minor, I don't have much time these days).
    I like the sprite, but it would be cooler if you made it a bit leaner, and maybe add some sort of detail to the face (like different shades of black)? Also, you should change it's legs and feet, like straighten the legs and give it raised heels and talons or something. It looks like a dark/steel type, which will be awesome.
    You know, something like that should really be able to learn Night Slash...
    Anyway, yeah. Epic job. Let me know if I can help.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Hey NiK, good to see you've still got this going! If you need some filler scripting for random NPCs, let me know, I know those can be really annoying. I'll do some minor events too, if you want (emphasis on the minor, I don't have much time these days).
    I like the sprite, but it would be cooler if you made it a bit leaner, and maybe add some sort of detail to the face (like different shades of black)? Also, you should change it's legs and feet, like straighten the legs and give it raised heels and talons or something. It looks like a dark/steel type, which will be awesome.
    You know, something like that should really be able to learn Night Slash...
    Anyway, yeah. Epic job. Let me know if I can help.
    Uh, thanks, but i'm not asking for help, unless you mean 'support'. If you do mean support, well, there are several ways of expressing it :P

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Uh, thanks, but i'm not asking for help, unless you mean 'support'. If you do mean support, well, there are several ways of expressing it :P
    ...................................................................?
    Erm, I'm not sure I get it... but that happens a lot to me :P
    Well, here. I hereby express my support for this hack! It looks epically awesome!
    Now, with that out of the way, I express my willingness to help with filler scripts, etc. if you need it. I'm just offering, I know you didn't ask. I'm like the random guy on the street who wants to give you a dollar (don't accept it, it's fake).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    ...................................................................?
    Erm, I'm not sure I get it... but that happens a lot to me :P
    Well, here. I hereby express my support for this hack! It looks epically awesome!
    Now, with that out of the way, I express my willingness to help with filler scripts, etc. if you need it. I'm just offering, I know you didn't ask. I'm like the random guy on the street who wants to give you a dollar (don't accept it, it's fake).
    Thanks for offering to give me a dollar, but my pride neglects it :P

Nah, I do filler scripts myself, or so it seems...the only thing I would need help with is a good music hacker.

But not a priority atm.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks for offering to give me a dollar, but my pride neglects it :P

Nah, I do filler scripts myself, or so it seems...the only thing I would need help with is a good music hacker.

But not a priority atm.
    Ah, kk then. I know absolutely nothing about music, so I'm useless there :P
    But anyway, you've inspired me to get back to working on Hidden Ties, so I probably don't have time to help with another hack anyway.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
    This hack is very unique I must say. It isn't some overused storyline where you take down Team Rocket and collect all the badges (Like SacredFire XD), it's well thought out. I like how all the characters you mentioned have a purpose and play a part in the plot.

You did a good job with the titlescreen as well. I also like the new sprite poses and new battle sprites. I never thought somebody would actually have the time to change the battle sprites. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your scripts and maps. I want to see how much you have progressed since. I hope you finish this hack, as it has potential.

Good luck with this hack. :)

Years
    *want* this seems to be so well thought out, and I'm totally drooling about getting my hands on a Alpha and some time to play!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    ... Has The Master begun yet? As if he hasn't, I'd get someone else. If he has, great, as it has been over a week since you said he is scripting.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    ... Has The Master begun yet? As if he hasn't, I'd get someone else. If he has, great, as it has been over a week since you said he is scripting.
    He has started, but he's stuck on the one main script. He's probably uber busy...

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    If it is that much of a pain that I suggest you find somebody else to script for your, and I won't deny it, great hack, and, although this is a very harsh way to start my explanation, I am willing to leave if it is your desire.

No, I'm not resigning, I'm willing to script for you, however at my own pace.
    I have got school which I'm afraid is more important than PC at the moment.
    Like I said, I am very sorry about this serious lag in work and I am fully aware that you wanted to be a candidate for Hack of The Month, however due to my incompetence you missed the date to release your demo.
    I am also aware that people in the Revolution thread really want to have the demo but it is a really long winded script that is at four-hundred something lines with all of the movements positioned horizontally, which is abnormal for me to do as I usually do it vertically. I have had to split the main script up into three different sections, not to mention that I am not sure that any of this will work at all.

I do appreciate that you hired me and it is my job to do work and I am really, really sorry that I can't get this job done and I know it is taking forever and very inconvenient and is annoying for you and I really apologise.

The fate of my job is in your hands.
    Are you willing to keep me and have to wait more for this script to be done or are you willing to hire someone more consistent.

Either way, I won't mind, to be honest.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences that may have occurred from my frank incompetence.
    Sorry, NiKaNoRoU.
    It's okay, dude. Thanks for everything you've done so far, just a little longer and I'll handle it.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    You're presentation and maps look decent, I like the sprites, some need improvement, but they still look amazing, they are some of the best i've seen.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Sorry guys. This project is paused until further notice. And I'm not telling you why. Sorry again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back