• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How did you react?!?!

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
  • I saw someone metioning it in another thread via mail, and as soon as I saw that I got this feeling in my whole body that made me want to dance and scream and do everything people mentioned here before, but I controlled myself since I was with my family.
    I checked Serebii and freaked out.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I went on Twitter and this guy tweeted a video saying there were remakes. There have been so many fake "troll" videos about the remakes so I didn't have high hopes or anything but the video was 30 seconds so I though, "why not? It could be funny." So I watched it and then saw the rating notice that is usually posted on official gaming videos and I was like, "wait...nah, anyone could edit that." So then I continued watching and I saw the cute Pikachu animation and I was like, "that looks pretty official.." -heart beats faster-
    Then it showed the video game art and I was like, "no way this is real. This isn't real, is it?" The video didn't have any footage so anyone could've made something like that.

So like with most fake trailers, I went on Serebii to check and sure enough, they were real.

I literally shrieked so loud. I could NOT believe my eyes. I rushed on every social network I had and posted in all caps about the news. I literally couldn't focus on anything else. These are my favourite Pokemon games to date and I couldn't want to play them again due to not having a Gameboy Advance SP or Sapphire anymore. The remakes were well needed and I really really wanted them badly. More bad than gen 6. I'm SO glad these are coming >w< Sapphire was my first Pokemon game that I played at age 7 and I loved them ever since. Not even as a bias even.

Years
  • I saw the thread here and passed it over, then quickly came back and clicked on it. My heart began to beat faster as I saw the cover art for the games and began to go through the subthreads. I then went on serebii and then "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I couldn't out loud because there are too many people around, but I wanted too.
    I'm so happy that they're finally making this. I've been waiting for sooooo long. I love Hoenn <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Pokefans reaction:
    tumblr_n57mt11urd1rfnwv0o1_500.png

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    My reaction was: "Huh, that's... wow. Interesting. Did not expect that out of nowhere." And not really much else. I wasn't as hyped as others due to this being my lost generation, if you will. The one I never got into because of silly reasons. Still look forward to it though. New Pokemon game? Hell yeah.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    When considering the amount fan cover art, I thought it was an elaborate ruse pulled by Reddit. I didn't even bother to read the serebii text.

Now comes the actual announcement, trailer and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed with euphoria. Ok, maybe not that excited, but if these turn out as good as the SS/HG remakes then I got every reason to prance around like an idiot.

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
    Years
  • I was so excited but then i remembered i don't have a 3DS or a DS at all for that matter :(

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I was feeling nostalgic for my Emerald game, so I decided to such up emerald remakes on YouTube for fun. I clicked the first one I saw and it advertised 'Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Coming November 2014!' and I thought, 'It's a fake. It's obviously a fake'. So I typed in Pokémon and went to the website where, blow and behold, it was advertising the new Emerald remakes! I screamed. Actually, really screamed. My brother came racing up the stairs to see what was wrong, and found me rolling on the floor, manically laughing like a complete head case. When I finally got the words out, he paused with a bored look on his face, then rolled me over so I was under the bed. I was still laughing, thinking about what team I was going to build.

Years
  • I knew it was only a matter of time when the remakes would be announced. I am so excited to go back to Hoenn again. I wish November would hurry up!

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • When I first saw it on a skype conversation, I was like "No. You gotta be kidding me" I went straight to serebii, and when I saw the video, I literally jumped up from my chair, ran upstairs to my brother to tell him, and we talked about what we want to see in the games and what the "a new adventure awaits" meant for half an hour!

I'm so hyped! Woooooo!

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I woke up and booted my laptop. I opened all my daily bookmarks, one of them being Kotaku. I saw an announcement about Ruby/Sapphire remakes and was in shock. So I watched the video, which looked somewhat shady to me. So I checked Serebii. Then I preceded to cripwalk through my house.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • But seeing all you get so excited about this, I actually am a little excited to see a brand new Hoenn, and whatever other changes they make make for these remakes. I'm considering of buying Pokémon X/Y soon once my exams are finished. If that gets me into Pokémon again, then perhaps I will be as excited as the majority of you guys for the remakes. :P

Well, I'm excited that we might be infecting you with this Hoenn craze, if only a little bit! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I really wasn't that excited. As much as I enjoyed R/S/E, I haven't enjoyed any new Pokémon games since then. I did finish Diamond and then started on Black, but I can't say I really enjoyed them compared to R/S/E. Perhaps it's because I was so young when I first got Pokémon Ruby, and it was one of the first games I ever got. I spent so much time on it I don't think it's possible for me to spent as much one the newer games.

But seeing all you get so excited about this, I actually am a little excited to see a brand new Hoenn, and whatever other changes they make make for these remakes. I'm considering of buying Pokémon X/Y soon once my exams are finished. If that gets me into Pokémon again, then perhaps I will be as excited as the majority of you guys for the remakes. :P

Slightly off-topic but don't be put off if you don't like X/Y that much either; they're great games but I think a lot of aspects got left behind when moving the game over to an almost-fully-3D world. Which is why I hope these will be so much better, really :p

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I was at work on my phone and I saw Torchic and Mudkip fanart on my tumblr dash, and then Groudon and Kyogre fanart, both old pieces reblogged by two separate individuals. I don't know, I didn't even entertain the possibility of remakes much, but it fealt like more than a coincidence to see two consecutive Hoenn posts on my dash even though I don't follow any Pokemon blogs.

So I checked serebii and LOST MY S***.

BEFORE I EVEN READ ANY DETAILS OR SAW THE TRAILER I JUST LITERALLY DROPPED MY PHONE ON THE COUNTER AND SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS LIKE OMG

I HAVE WANTED THIS FOR SO SO SO LONG

AND LIKE AFTER GEN 5 FAILED TO DELIVER I CONVINCED MYSELF THAT THEY'D GIVEN UP ON REMAKES

THIS WAS THE LAST THING I EXPECTED AND ESPECIALLY SO SOON

AND HONESTLY I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF LIKE LAST NIGHT I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP AND IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME

H O E N N R E M A K E S

AND I GOT UP AND WENT OUTSIDE TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH LIKE

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING AHHHH

Yeah I'm very emotionally invested in Gen 3, considering Emerald was my all time favorite Pokemon game and second favorite video game in all.
    So
    I'm still freaking out nerd out sorry bye

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • I was just laying in bed.
    Took my phone.
    Looked on Youtube.
    Saw ''THE HOENN REMAKES ARE CONFIRMED''.
    Smiled.
    Watched the video.
    Smiled again.

This is the greatest news from the last 10 year! xD

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Saw the box arts with the names...
    "No way"

Checked to see if legit...
    "No way"

Checked my calendar...
    "No way"

Checked forums...
    "NO WAY. HOLY..."

Yeah, that was how I reacted.

Years
  • I was honestly surprised I didn't cry. Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game, and to see them remake the generation is just pure bliss! <3

Years
  • nivapvN:ASGvb;zsbn;zseikdmlv ipzfklzdnmvspodvm:LKSDVNdm ;sdnmpoenfzklsvnizo;skigejospweginmoepsgrgijeripjerigpqejrigwjgiowmvpomerwiorbmiwmbwoibp
    mitnwoiernwvioninvdsnvdz.neg.lksnkdn.lsznv.ksnvd.lzns.knv.skne.kne.sn.zkenbz.lkenbz.knzdb.zldkn.zld
    nk.zkdnbkzsnb.zsnkk.zdnb.zkbnd., d lvmpeomv pa f[cWME WPEVMPWVMPWOV
    MEOPMWEOVMM;D SMVPOMWA,S ODPNVMPEODMVPEMBPm"SMER;BREN

WTF IS THIS????????????

I CHECKED BULBAPEDIA, SEREBII, WHATEVER IS THERE.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEESFINALLYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMYFAVORITEANDFIRSTREGIONEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
    I was unintelligible for the rest of the day.

Back