• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I bombed that test. >>

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • 1)What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    None. I study my butt off every day... However the last test I failed was in sophomore year, in Catcher in the Rye unit test for English (admittedly it was my least favorite school book). I did fail a QUIZ for English recently (30% to be specific), but it was because I forgot to read for that specific day, and it's only a small quiz so doesn't count as a test :>

2)What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?

around 85% for this year. Last year I do remember getting a 65% on quiz on implicit differentiation, and that was because I didn't study.

3)What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper)

Tear it to pieces and say bye-bye to it. (not literally for the latter part) - 'ya know what I mean.

4)Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?

They know it anyways since we use online grading system -.-

5)Say something worth talking about related to failing exams :3
    Don't fail. 'nuff said

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've never failed any 'actual' tests, but I did fail a mock exam in civil litigation just last week. 48% and everything (the pass mark is 50%). I can't say I was too torn up about it, as it was only a mock. I think the test paper is in my locker, gathering dust as I type this.

Years
    Oh dear god. Algebra 1. All the horrible memories are hitting me full-force.
    51%. Me and Algebra hate each other.
    Paper. Meet your new friend, trash can.
    They find eventually, since we use an online grading system that serves as our progress report.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I'm actually a little over average for recently I'm getting So-So and the test I got today, I never even heard of a thing like that happen to me.. Also I never failed ONE TEST. I may get sharp on the pass grade but that's it. I never failed once

1)What subject was the test you most recently failed? Not failing but it was sharp on it.. Reading

2)What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten? 65%

3)What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper). If it was one where we could just keep it, I secretly throw it away but if parents have to know I tell them and just shove it to them to sign it..

4)Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do? 98% of the time. My dad is very strict so he give me consequences and make me study more..

TESTS AND QUIZ ARE EVIL THINGS BUT YOUR GRADE IS VERY IMPORTANT SO YOU CAN HAVE A BETTER FUTURE AND NOT BE A BUM!!! TRY YOUR BEST AND STUDY <3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    I never failed any tests...

What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?
    A B+ in History... Gah.

What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper)
    Throw them away. But it doesn't help; as the school emails recent test grades to parents/guardians.

Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?

They email them, so I don't need to tell them, they just know. But when they find out, they ask me what happened and to do better. Nothing big, really.

Say something worth talking about related to failing exams :3

Studying doesn't help in my opinion, you either know it or you don't. But that's just me, at least.

Years

Math ._.

I think a 44%, otherwise known as an F.

Throw them away.

Hah no.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    1)What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    Math. It's normal.
    I don't know but it's probably equivalent to a C.
    Tell it to my parents. They don't get mad.
    ^^^^^^^
    remember, watch more anime, read more manga and play more video games!
    You won't be rich if you fail.

Years
    N/A :P​

Scaled? 59% in a Uni maths unit. I stopped caring mid semester, lol.​

Read through and find out what I did wrong, then file it with study material.​

No need. I push myself to do as well as I want to. If anything, they're supportive whenever I'm disappointed.​

In school (at least in the Australian system), you're competing against peers, not the subject itself. In uni, you're fighting the subject itself. It's only then that failing an exam is a proper fail.​

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    A programming course; more accurately, an advanced C course. I was overwhelmed by the material, which was a first for me. I, however, did not fail by a whole lot: a 68. The lowest grade I took was probably back in high school -- a 56 on a philosophy test. It wasn't a case of "I did not study so I failed", it was more of "I loathed the subject, so I did not study, intentionally".

A failed test represents nothing to me: I may look at the major mistakes for a while, but then I would lock them up or throw them away. I do tell my parents: frankly, they support me when I disappoint in a test, especially after entering university.

Years
    I've never failed a test. >)

B; that was in physics this year.

3)What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper
    --

If I ever did, I'd probably tell them.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Can't remember because I haven't failed any test since High School, but talking about High School, I would have to say American History

Ummm a 42 lol

The same I do to the ones I pass, I throw them away because there is no need for me to have them

Yea I tell them and they will tell me its your own fault and you are hurting yourself. They stopped punishing me after the 9th grade

5)Say something worth talking about related to failing exams
    No need for the exams I fail, I usually fail them beacause they do not help me in the future

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Chemistry...

35. In Chemistry. Funny thing is that the teacher gives a lot of chances to make it up with extra credit and test corrections, so that score went back up to an 85 ish.

Stuff them in my binder.

I tell my mom. She just encourages me a bit more, while my dad would look down on me and comment on how I should be constantly studying rather than screwing around on the computer.

Tests are probably one of the best and worst ways to measure a student's aptitude in the subject. The best in some cases, with something trivial like vocabulary or mathematics (I'm talking arithmetic, geometry, formula stuff. Not stuff that requires thinking outside the box, so to speak). But other cases, it really involves a lot of thinking that you shouldn't be so restricted in a test to do so. Tests are only furthering the mindset of students trying to find a specific problem and expecting to see it in reality.

Getting a bit off topic here, but it's okay to fail a test as long as you understand what you did wrong. If you didn't there are some issues to fix.

Years

Biology Test, last year. I studied hard but it didn't help, as I got a 55.

A 20 on a 5 question Math Quiz. REPRESENT, assuming quizzes count. [Everyone else failed too so it was all good and I made it up anyways]

Let it chill in my backpack.

I only do if my grade is in serious jeopardy, if it isn't then I won't face their wrath!

It's not the end of the world, I guess?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ....this is such a weird question for me because I haven't failed any tests this quarter or any of my papers. I've failed an assignment but not because of my work, but because I completely skipped over the section online (SCREW ONLINE HOMEWORK) and did another one on accident. I guess I'll go with the assignment then, I failed my homework for programming C++

An F in trig. I never failed a test in pre-calc from what I remember, but trig I did :P

I keep them with all my papers until the end of the quarter to go back and review, then once the quarter is done, RECYCLE TIME.

hahahahahahah NOOOO. I haven't talked grades to my parents since I started high school. they would get me so discouraged as a kid and through middle school that once I hit high school, I just stopped and kept it my business.

If i'm starting to slack in a class, that one bad grade is enough to kick my butt into gear to get working hard again. So, I do need a fail or a C or a D every once in a while to keep on track.

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
    Years
    Well, I've been out of school for a while, but... History, I'm guessing.

-100. Yes, negative one-hundred. Four questions, 50 points a pop. 0/4. Assuming quizzes count. For actual tests, I never dipped below a 78, and usually stayed above 90. I actually studied when I knew a real test was coming up.

Well our policy was to keep them after they were recorded, until the semester was over, then we could throw them away.

I told them all but 2 people failed. Which was the truth. They didn't really care.

5)Say something worth talking about related to failing exams
    No.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    Math
    2)What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten? 58, it was a test about quadratic equations and since I had been out the day we had discussed that it looked like a different language, I got lucky with the 58.
    3)What do you do with bad tests? (The[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important] actual [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]test[/FONT][/FONT] paper)
    Burn them, my parents are really, well, they go nuts about that stuff
    4)Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do? I told my dad one time, he grounded me for 2 months, then went on a lecture about how smart I was and that I obviously didn't try hard enough, AND that spent too much time on the computer. Pissed me off. My mom's worse if you can believe that, she can't even keep it to herself either, she tells my dad as soon as he gets off work.
    If you ever fail a test, don't get bummed about it(unless it's your finals for the end of the year then you're screwed), just put in a lot more effort to bring the grade back up.

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    1. What subject was the test you most recently failed?
    I think that the last time that I failed a test was back when I was on first grade, starting at that time, I swore to myself that I would never ever fail any test again, so yeah.

2. What is the lowest test grade you've ever gotten?
    The lowest grade that I have ever received was 83, and I was at sixth grade at that time, damn, because of that 83 I wasn't able to join the Graduation Honors even though my grade was higher than those who were in the top! D:

3. What do you do with bad tests? (The actual test paper)
    Even though I don't like the test questions, I answer them directly seeing I don't want to fail.

4. Do you tell your parents if you failed a test? If so, what do they do?
    Of course, they're not angry at me seeing they know that I did the best that I could, they just give out some advice so next time, I wouldn't be able to repeat the same mistake again.

5. Say something worth talking about related to failing exams.
    Based from my experiences, I do think that there's a big advantage in failing exams, that is, we learn from them and we do all that we can to never fail again, and I believe that is something worth it upon this issue. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Pre-Calc. Totally wasn't ready for the test.

57%

Throw 'em out, haha.

Nope, the have the power to check my grades, and I don't stop them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uhhh, I can't remember a test I've failed recently BUT I know I did back in an Accounting exam in high school, lol. I usually fail assignments, not really exams HOWEVER I have an exam next week and I really don't wanna curse myself so gunna ~touch wood~. Kay now that's over, I think I got about 20/100 or something. I knew I wasn't going to pass the class either way and it was WAY too hard from then on, so I only really counted 5/6 of my classes. I dunno, it was a weird system, somehow I graduated back then! And things I fail I just throw out. :3

Back