• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate going to the dentist.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • I do.

I don't like it, but I am always panicking about something and my health give me anxiety lol.
    So I have to go to the doctor once in a while. Sme for dentist, but it's because my wisdom tooth are growing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm always anxious. The thought of needles going through my skin really freaks me out, but it must be done.

I don't have any problems going to the dentist. Only had one cavity in my life, and the only dental work they've done to me was a crown.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    CRAP I forgot to book an appointment again.

Bay

Years
  • I had to go to my doctor appointments every few months due to something I have (though nothing too serious). If the hospital gets busy, sometimes I would have to wait for a couple hours and that's never fun.

Sometimes I go to the dentist. Before it would be regular checkups, but due to complicated reasons I wasn't able to make regular visits. I did had to book an emergency visit last year though when something went wrong with my crown.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Just a yearly checkup. Been doing it since I got my braces off about 4 years ago.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I go to my dentist monthly because I have braces (only a few months left till I get them off though, thank god). I don't particularly enjoy going there, because my mom usually has to wake us up early so we could get there earlier, which sucks. As for the doctor's, I really don't remember the last time I've seen my doctors ahaha

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I go to my dentist a couple times a year because I somehow manage to break my teeth, break my replacement ones or what-have-you so often it's absrud for someone who brushes twice a day and uses mouthwash.

Most recent was about 9 months ago when I got a cavity on a wisdoom tooth and I had to get it removed. I'll probably have to go soon because another tooth I broke some years ago and got replaced seems to be coming off. Again.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I go to mine every once in a while; since I'm still a teen living with my mom and all, I don't have a choice over whether or not I want to go, anyhow. I've gotten used to constantly having appointments for all of my health problems, but actually enjoy going sometimes.

I really like my dentists; they're are all extremely nice, treat me well, and have their building in the same plaza as my favorite world market. I haven't been to them in a while now, but need to go back soon to have my teeth cleaned and checked for cavities.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I go to my dentist every six months, and it's actually pretty nice since I get to request the day off and I'm normally out a little bit before noon. I've only had one cavity so far, so that's pretty good. I don't mind going since I like having strong teeth.

Now the doctor's is a different story. I don't really remember the last time I've gone and I keep putting off booking an appointment to see if I can get an official anxiety diagnosis.

pkmin3033

Far too often for my liking. I've been going to an outpatient clinic on a fornightly basis since around June 2014, and I'm having a terrifying amount of dental work done at the moment so I'm there more often than my standard six-monthly checkups, too. It costs a fortune as well, but the NHS dentists are shit, so.

I'm fairly good at keeping appointments if they're at a convenient time for me. Try and get me in during the afternoon though, there is a 90% chance I'll reschedule for a morning.

Years
  • I always have to go to them, but it's the dental ones I never look forward to at all, because I always fear my teeth cleaning isn't as good as I hoped it was.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I haven't been to the dentist in months. More for the issue of cost, rather than having some form of irrational fear of them.

My teeth are fine, I brush twice daily and don't overload myself on sugary things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Yep I really hate waiting for my appointments because it's so boring. I hate it when the dentists are trying to modify my teeth a bit.

Years
  • I don't tend to have doctor's appointments nowadays unless I'm actually sick with something and I'm not getting over it as well as I'd like. Perhaps I should fix that, I feel like going this long without occasional checkups might end up biting me someday.

Dentist...yeah, I go. Sometimes a bit unwillingly. Since I slack off on my dental care a bit (don't do this!), it's not uncommon for me to get appointments after my six month checkups in order to get more cavities filled "just in case" if they seem to be getting worse at all, even slightly. At least this particular dentist isn't too bad with how he goes about things, so I'm not too bothered with going to those. It's just a hassle.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • If I made an appointment, then yes, I would go out of my way to follow up on what I called in to do.

Concerning the dentist, the issue is the clinic that I go to does small check ups, a minor filling, and then when they're done doing hardly anything for thirty minutes, they ask me to come back four months later to do the other half of what they started.

At least they're milking my insurance and not me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I stay on top of my health - annual physicals and dental appointments every six months, and I schedule appointments whenever it's necessary, and I don't mind. I have medical coverage but I don't have dental or optical insurance coverage atm so I pay out of pocket for my dentist appointments every six months, and my vision hasn't changed much so I'm thankful for that.

I'm still a little squeamish on needles though tbh lol. They don't bother me too much, but I absolutely refuse to look at the needle when I get bloodwork done. :(

Back