• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements in the anime?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The people arguing J's death have no idea what they're talking about. Ditto with Cyrus. The unwritten rule in fiction is if there's no body, there's no death.

I can almost guarantee though that they'll never see or refer to them ever again in the Anime. That makes those characters statistically dead.

This is a kids' show.

So were SatAM, Bucky O'Hare, Ninja Turtles and countless other shows. I mean, I started watching He-Man and Transformers when I was four! But the age focus didn't stop them from having deep and involved plots. And you know what? Kids that were the same age as the average Pokemon fan today is, watched them and managed to follow the plotlines. And this was back in the day when death in a cartoon was a MAJOR no-no. You can imagine how controversial the animated Transformers movie was when it came out. There were theatres that banned it when parents found out what kind of content was in it. And that's pretty tame compared to what we have nowadays.

I have shown these cartoons to kids that watch Pokemon. And you know what? They were still able to follow the plots and they enjoyed them. Honestly, I think too many people are underestimating the intelligence of kids nowadays...

Last edited:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Guys, we're only discussing. We know that nintendo won't come here and say "Oh dear, The Pokémon Community has absolutely smart little kids! Maybe we should do what they say!"

And maybe "mature" was the wrong word, since to most people it means blood, sex, etc.

And, as written before, nintendo doesn't want to change anything since it's hitting the big sales, etc. Nintendo doesn't need other target audience, we're the ones who grew up but still like Pokémon and wish it could just be a bit more interesting for us!!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • yeah instead of staying a 10 year old kid for...ten years xD
    they could also make a constant story like in naruto, instead of making new episodes that dont (always) fit with the last one so you can see them in any order. and everytime you can practically guess whats gonna happen. theres an event, team rocket ambushes, ash saves the day and the episode is over, whereas in naruto you just cannot guess what kishimoto (the creator) is going to do next. they could keep this kid version of pokemon, but adding another better one would make a hit.

the whole story thing it doesn't always work like that, like there are some episodes where team rocket don't even ambush on them and you have to consider the contests and gym battles aswell

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Guys, we're only discussing. We know that nintendo won't come here and say "Oh dear, The Pokémon Community has absolutely smart little kids! Maybe we should do what they say!"

And maybe "mature" was the wrong word, since to most people it means blood, sex, etc.

And, as written before, nintendo doesn't want to change anything since it's hitting the big sales, etc. Nintendo doesn't need other target audience, we're the ones who grew up but still like Pokémon and wish it could just be a bit more interesting for us!!

Let assume that the PokéCommunity has smart little kids. Do you think it is a good marketing strategy to tailor-make the show for people on the far right of the normal distribution?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Why not just start one mega thread where all the nostaglia crap and the whining of the anime can go?
    I SECOND THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im stick on everyone whining about how they miss the first few seasons!!!!!!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Let assume that the PokéCommunity has smart little kids.

So what exactly are you implying with this remark? I'm not necessarily arguing. I just don't know what you're getting at here.

Im stick on everyone whining about how they miss the first few seasons!!!!!!

I'm going to say it right now. The only reason that I liked the series more in the first two seasons than I do now is because the plot was new and didn't feel stale and overdone. Looking back at it today, the first couple seasons really weren't all that great. If anything, the recent seasons have been an improvement.

Why not just start one mega thread where all the nostaglia crap and the whining of the anime can go?

I wouldn't necessarily call constructively criticizing something to be whining. Otherwise, anyone that criticizes fanfics could be considered to be 'whining'. And those critics are often much worse and far more harsh than people in threads like this are.

But I do agree that there really only needs to be one thread for this.

Nintendo doesn't need other target audience, we're the ones who grew up but still like Pokémon and wish it could just be a bit more interesting for us!!

We're not saying to eliminate the younger target audience though. If anything, they should just expand it. We're just saying (or I'm saying anyway) that they could test out a spinoff and see how it does. Could, as in it's an option.

Also, companies really should stop underestimating the intelligence of kids. Kids are smarter than they're often given credit for.

Last edited:

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Why not just start one mega thread where all the nostaglia crap and the whining of the anime can go?

Definitely.

There's at least 3/4 of these "Pokemon sux now", "Bring Back Misty", "I miss the good old days" threads every month. It would be much more convenient to have it in one mega thread.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • randomspot555 said:

Because people like me would just attack anyone who disagreed with their, or my in this example, opinions. Just like in this thread but it's not so much from me this time around.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Definitely.

There's at least 3/4 of these "Pokemon sux now", "Bring Back Misty", "I miss the good old days" threads every month. It would be much more convenient to have it in one mega thread.

And that brings up another thing. And it's about time someone said it.

Hard Truth: MISTY IS OVERRATED!!!

Now, I'm not arguing that she wasn't the most well developed female character in the entire Pokemon franchise, or that she wasn't the only female lead character that I legitimately gave a ---- about. But really, there are other things to complain about that stand out far more than the fact that Misty's not there anymore because of her deadbeat sisters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, while I don't like DP, mainly because it was yet another example of one of the writers biggest mistakes (ie, exploiting females to be nothing more than eyecandy), I will admit that the Gym Leaders are at least portrayed much better than in Hoenn (in Hoenn, at least from what I have gathered from intel, were beaten far too easily by rookie pokemon, ultimately making their battles far too similar to the kinds of battles you would expect from JJM, which is not a good thing.). Still, they could have done away with Pikachu, considering how they're ruining it's win against Regice now, making it seem like it was nothing more than a big joke.

Years
  • What's up with the people that would want blood in pokemon? It doesn't make any sense at all... anime with blood =/= good anime.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • Well, while I don't like DP, mainly because it was yet another example of one of the writers biggest mistakes (ie, exploiting females to be nothing more than eyecandy), I will admit that the Gym Leaders are at least portrayed much better than in Hoenn (in Hoenn, at least from what I have gathered from intel, were beaten far too easily by rookie pokemon, ultimately making their battles far too similar to the kinds of battles you would expect from JJM, which is not a good thing.). Still, they could have done away with Pikachu, considering how they're ruining it's win against Regice now, making it seem like it was nothing more than a big joke.

True, though he never would just leave it at oak's like other pokemon. The only way to stop him being there is for him to be released, although that'll never happen.

Blah!!

Is a CANADIAN alt.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Three dimensional characters.

That is all.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Maybe a new lead character. Ash is getting old real fast. I'm not saying they should completely replace him, maybe even make the new character an apprentice to Ash. Hell, even keeping the game music ion the dub would be enough. I'm actually watching the old Cycling Road episode right now, and was very surprised to hear the Vs. Champion Green song from R/G/B/Y play during the storm sequence. It was... Exciting.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Agreed, they need to bring in a new character, and I don't care if they don't make it the main character, as long as they focus on it frequently.

Back