• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In Other News, Japan Gets all the Cool Stuff

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Arceus being released with the new movie!

So apparently Arceus will be released for Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby in Japan for the upcoming movie:
10958314_10153184571401535_7175853696468079041_o.jpg

I know I'm certainly excited for it, how about everyone else? So with this, Japan has given out gen 6 versions of Darkrai, Jirachi, Keldeo, Shaymin Victini, Shiny Rayquaza, and now Arceus and Hoopa and all we have gotten in North America (legendary wise) is Diancie, Celebi and Latios/Latias (if we were lucky during Street Pass) so are you going to try and score english versions Arceus when it finally gets released in Japan or just wait and hope Gamefreak gets their act together and start releasing versions in your region? Other regions are already 5 legendaries behind Japan (6 if you count the shiny Rayquaza) and come this summer it will be 7 ( or 8, as per previous note) do you think our legendaries will be coming some time, or do you think this is going to ONLY be Japan events and that's it? None of them (besides Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion) will ever be released outside Japan?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Well this is exciting. I really hope they distribute this for US, I hate how Japan gets all the good stuff.

Off-topic, but I think we may get Darkrai soon because the UK is getting a Darkrai through serial code from GAME starting the 13th. Hopefully that will come over to the US as well.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Well this is exciting. I really hope they distribute this for US, I hate how Japan gets all the good stuff.

Off-topic, but I think we may get Darkrai soon because the UK is getting a Darkrai through serial code from GAME starting the 13th. Hopefully that will come over to the US as well.

That would be fantastic! I hope that's true! I just checked Serebii and Darkrai is still not listed anywhere for areas outside Japan, but they do list Arceus: http://www.serebii.net/events/2015.shtml sadly they're STILL releasing it at level 100. I wish they would release it at level 80 or something, I hate getting a pokemon at max level already.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021

Oh where did you hear about the Darkrai?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
That would be fantastic! I hope that's true! I just checked Serebii and Darkrai is still not listed anywhere for areas outside Japan, but they do list Arceus: http://www.serebii.net/events/2015.shtml sadly they're STILL releasing it at level 100. I wish they would release it at level 80 or something, I hate getting a pokemon at max level already.

Yeah I noticed that, they should add it to the list soon because it was from Serebii that I saw it.

Oh where did you hear about the Darkrai?

On Serebii, which is pretty much the most reliable site for news.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I, uh, Sinnoh Confirmed? Nah, nah, lets not be crazy. But still, Arceus was not a Mirage Legendary, so I wonder what's up.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I, uh, Sinnoh Confirmed? Nah, nah, lets not be crazy. But still, Arceus was not a Mirage Legendary, so I wonder what's up.

Well I wouldn't read too much into it, Darkrai was given out at the Diancie movie, but it wasn't in that movie at all, nor had anything to do with anything

blue

gucci
Years
This is interesting, I can't remember the last time they distributed Arceus! Either way I'm hoping this is event is later distributed outside of Japan, I'd love to get my hands on this one.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The thing is, if they do distribute it outside of Japan, it'll probably be for when the Hoopa movie shows in theaters in the US/Europe/Australia/etc and we'll probably have to do the same thing: pre-order tickets and go to the movie in order to redeem the code needed to get it. I'm not up for that.

I'm glad though that they're doing an Arceus distribution though, it's one of my favorite legendaries and there hasn't been an event for it in almost 3 years now. I probably won't be getting this one, but that's okay. While Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon are moves it's never had before, I don't really care for them on an Arceus anyway.

What I'm really curious about is which other legendaries they're going to give out in addition to Arceus and Hoopa. PLEASE GIVE OUT ZEKROM AND GIVE IT A COUPLE OF GOOD MOVES IT NEEDS IT

Years
Oh wow, an Arceus event? This is nice.

Although i'm not personally bothered by it being Level 100, at least since we can EV train from that level in this generation. And I too heard about the Darkrai event that the UK is getting and hope that comes over here sometime.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
The thing is, if they do distribute it outside of Japan, it'll probably be for when the Hoopa movie shows in theaters in the US/Europe/Australia/etc and we'll probably have to do the same thing: pre-order tickets and go to the movie in order to redeem the code needed to get it. I'm not up for that.

I'm glad though that they're doing an Arceus distribution though, it's one of my favorite legendaries and there hasn't been an event for it in almost 3 years now. I probably won't be getting this one, but that's okay. While Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon are moves it's never had before, I don't really care for them on an Arceus anyway.

What I'm really curious about is which other legendaries they're going to give out in addition to Arceus and Hoopa. PLEASE GIVE OUT ZEKROM AND GIVE IT A COUPLE OF GOOD MOVES IT NEEDS IT

Has a pokemon movie ever been released in theatres in North America in just over a decade though? The last movie I only saw on TV because I happened to be flipping by, I didn't even see an ad for it on the channel it was on or anything. And Darkrai was given out in Japan as the preorder bonus for the Diancie movie, but that movie didn't get released in theatres here so I'm not sure the Hoopa movie is going to get released in theatres here either

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Has a pokemon movie ever been released in theatres in North America in just over a decade though? The last movie I only saw on TV because I happened to be flipping by, I didn't even see an ad for it on the channel it was on or anything. And Darkrai was given out in Japan as the preorder bonus for the Diancie movie, but that movie didn't get released in theatres here so I'm not sure the Hoopa movie is going to get released in theatres here either
I thought that the Pokemon movies came to North America, albeit in a select few theaters, but I could be wrong about that.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I thought that the Pokemon movies came to North America, albeit in a select few theaters, but I could be wrong about that.

As far as I know not since Pokemon Heroes did a pokemon movie get released in theatres. They're all straight to DVD, athough I'm in Canada so maybe in the states there are places that do it, but the way it usually goes is you see the DVD for the latest pokemon movie in store shelves, then a few weeks to a couple months later it just appears on YTV (and as of last year, Teletoon) usually right after, right before or instead of whatever pokemon series episode is playing that saturday at noon.

tnfsf11

Maybe they think the Western audience is losing interest? Anyhow I hope they don't mind me getting one by my own methods. ;)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Japan has always gotten the coolest exclusive events, for like ever now :(

Even back in Crystal Version, it was impossible for anyone but Japan to get the Ilex Forest Celebi. We did get all of those e-cards in Gen III which were amazing, but for the most part since then Japan has always gotten the most and best events.

Back