• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In Other News, Japan Gets all the Cool Stuff

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
to make everyone want them, really. Years ago when gen 3 was new, if someone got a shiny Metagross is was spectacular, amazing, people were envious because it looked so cool. Fast Forward to when ORAS was released 4 months ago and quite literally EVERYONE who owns the game can get a shiny metagross (or beldum, but eventually a metagross) and now they're pretty ho hum. Same thing would happen with the event legendaries. Something that is only given out at a movie release or a specific pokemon event in real life has people clamouring for it, trying to get their own, wanting it so badly because they can't have it. Would there be that level of excitement and desire if everyone who owned the game just automatically got an Arceus? When was the last time you heard anyone in the last 4 months asking for a Deoxys the way they used to? Not at all I would assume since everyone who owns ORAS gets a Deoxys.
I think you just described Nintendo's Amiibo strategy. "You can never have a Villager Amiibo because we don't plan to make any more." "But I want to train against it!"

Nintendo tries to create scarcity, sometimes in bad ways that actually hurt them by costing them money or giving someone else free claim to, say, $180.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
It's just a bit frustrating, that's all. Of course the location where the game started off is going to get more events and bonuses - I don't think that we should get exactly the same treatment but at least some equality? For example, I'm pretty sure we've had an Arceus event somewhat recently but not Jirachi for a while. I don't know how practical it is to release a Wifi or serial code event to a certain area, though. Like... Pokemon's "main audience" is 10 year old boys or around that age but they're technically not allowed to join forums and some of them aren't technically savvy or know that they can break the rules and join :P Or where they would even go to find a Jirachi because when they search "How to get a Jirachi" on Google nothing comes up. So, the reason my brother has a Jirachi is because I was able to trade for it myself and not having events (even though us members can probably trade for it) kinda excludes a large group of people.

Last edited:
Years
Tsk this is such a lowly argument...
PEOPLE! THINK! This is a PROMOTIONAL EVENT to PROMOTE THE MOVIE.
Does the movie being released in your country? No.
The sad fact is that most people are not in to Pokemon as we are. Nintendo is not gonna released something, pay up the taxes for international releases and fail, because after the Pokemon Movie 2000 demography gradually flopped.
They only dub the movies for DVD releases~
Exactly why they only released Shiny Genesect Event in Japan and Korea. So this Arceus is probably going to get released in Korea soon too.

Do you guys even know how much people in Japan actually pre-order the tickets to get these events?
Or even how many people in Japan don't miss the events? No.
Most people there are more into studying than playing, yes... Even sometimes missing events that lasts like 2-3 weeks or something.
It's comparatively small. I mean it's not hard to prove this since it is VERY RARE for a Japanese player to even be using Mythicals in Free Battle, and if they are, most is cheated since you will see them carrying an all shiny mythical pokemons, or just simply all rare mythical event poks. Yes, they also sell Japanese Powersaves, but hacking is not as gritty **** as hackings on other countries.
The PokeScrap Event campaign was set up for this to make it easier for people to get events from their shop rather than buying those Magazines.
You guys seem to have an ignorant notion that everyone that plays Pokemon in Japan lives in cities that sells CoroCoro Magazines, like Tokyo... Tsk... Look... I am not strongly against hacking since it's how a person uses the pokemon, it's not like I run away everytime I see a team full of shinnies. I just I don't appreciate them.

Besides... Does your country even take Pokemon seriously as much as Japan? No.
Businesses, Holidays AND landmark sites are promoted in Japan more so with Pokemon than any other country, this will explain exclusive pokemon with special moves like the elusive Shinkansen Extremespeed Pika, which I also legitimately own back when I was in Japan.*Have European and Japanese Console and games*
Other examples include the Airline which had one of their planes decorated its exterior with Pokemon, promoting their airline with a Fly Pikachu and also the very prominent Tanabata Jirachis every year.
The only business I remember doing an event with Pokemon outside Japan was that Australian Theme Park opening and gave Event Darkrai or Arceus, etc.
I mean it's easy enough to connect with them since their is a huge option tag in their official website if anyone is setting up an event they want a Pokemon Event to connect with.

If you guys want japanese events soooo much then buy the Japanese console/games versions. Do not even make the excuse of them being expensive. Yen have been commonly cheaper than dollars, so buying them, including shipment should be cheaper or with just a smidget of difference from one you buy off in your shop, from official sites or like eBAY. *Only looking at America for this one*
Most Japanese events are through shared codes, but you may have problem getting movie promoted serial downloads without Japanese connections etc. etc.~
HACKING ANYTHING IS WRONG AND UNLAWFUL. HACKING CAN NEVER BE JUSTIFIED, ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.
So if you guys want to blame anyone... Blame you country's population for not being in to Pokemon. Wait and be legit in playing A GAME not designed for anyone to hack and take advantage on.
People in Mii, *mostly* that hacks seem to like the feeling of being high and mighty, doing giveaway and asking for 500 follows*WTF?!*
Hacking never has done anything that actually lasts and just makes, most times, toxic people.

Last edited:
Years
I have a friend that moved to japan for a job a few years ago, so he usually gets them and clones me one, so it's not a problem for me.

But I agree they should give out more events in the US, especially ones like these.

I personally think the reason is because Gamefreak hates how all the good hackers are here in the USA and since they have this Anti-Hacking crap going on it would make sense why these things arent available in the USA. Punishment maybe?

Hey guys Im updating this from my previous post to say that those of you who have powersaves they added a code for the Arceus event for the movie, It has the shiny form and all types on there.

Last edited:
Years
I personally think the reason is because Gamefreak hates how all the good hackers are here in the USA and since they have this Anti-Hacking crap going on it would make sense why these things arent available in the USA. Punishment maybe?

Hey guys Im updating this from my previous post to say that those of you who have powersaves they added a code for the Arceus event for the movie, It has the shiny form and all types on there.

Datel is not from US, but UK... And codes for generators stems from Datel selling them PowerSaves, Action Replay, etc.~
Generator makers/coders are actually ripping off Datel's work... And Datel is ripping off Pokemon by hacking it in the first place... See how messed up what people follow these days?

Tsk... That shiny Arceus I just finished SR'ed 2-3 days ago for about 3-4 days your gonna have all perfect... Wow... I am not strongly against it... But just wow... I guess...

Last edited:
Years
Datel is not from US, but UK... And codes for generators stems from Datel selling them PowerSaves, Action Replay, etc.~
Generator makers/coders are actually ripping off Datel's work... And Datel is ripping off Pokemon by hacking it in the first place... See how messed up what people follow these days?

Tsk... That shiny Arceus I just finished SR'ed 2-3 days ago for about 3-4 days your gonna have all perfect... Wow... I am not strongly against it... But just wow... I guess...

Nintendo and Gamefreak are multi-billion dollar companies they dont need to make more money. Not to mention what does it matter if I like to cheat in my game? What harm is it doing them? They are making the money off games and systems so why cant I have the freedom to do what I want with my game and save? Its like we are renting the game from them, They say okay we will make this game for you and you can buy it and own it but we wont let you do anything with it but play the storyline, if you do anything we dont like we will brick your system so you cant play anymore. Thats controlling and not fair.

To your other comment I would believe you that you soft resetted If you could actually obtain Arceus in X/Y and ORAS but the fact that you cant tells me something else. The movie event Arceus hasnt been released yet not even in Japan as far as I know.

Years
Nintendo and Gamefreak are multi-billion dollar companies they dont need to make more money. Not to mention what does it matter if I like to cheat in my game? What harm is it doing them? They are making the money off games and systems so why cant I have the freedom to do what I want with my game and save? Its like we are renting the game from them, They say okay we will make this game for you and you can buy it and own it but we wont let you do anything with it but play the storyline, if you do anything we dont like we will brick your system so you cant play anymore. Thats controlling and not fair.

To your other comment I would believe you that you soft resetted If you could actually obtain Arceus in X/Y and ORAS but the fact that you cant tells me something else. The movie event Arceus hasnt been released yet not even in Japan as far as I know.
its not about stopping one from getting more money, but making money of people's hardwork... That is really nearly like money laundering. And that is against the law.
Hacking a software is illegal but for games it doesnt apply as of yet. Anyway it's a simple question of morals. Would you actually want a game you designed be hacked and have people make money from it, while you the creator don't?

And Arceus Japan event has been released about for about a week now.
You can get Arceus in XY/ORAS if you have japanese console and game and the serial code for buying the ticket.
I am English/Japanese.
As I currently live in UK, I gain the code by my Uncle who lives with my cousin in Japan. My cousin used his own ticket's code and I used my uncle's ticket code.

Years
its not about stopping one from getting more money, but making money of people's hardwork... That is really nearly like money laundering. And that is against the law.
Hacking a software is illegal but for games it doesnt apply as of yet. Anyway it's a simple question of morals. Would you actually want a game you designed be hacked and have people make money from it, while you the creator don't?

And Arceus Japan event has been released about for about a week now.
You can get Arceus in XY/ORAS if you have japanese console and game and the serial code for buying the ticket.
I am English/Japanese.
As I currently live in UK, I gain the code by my Uncle who lives with my cousin in Japan. My cousin used his own ticket's code and I used my uncle's ticket code.

They arent making money off of Gamefreak and Nintendo's systems/games. Datel has its own product that it makes money off of and has codes for more games then just Pokemon. And those game creators dont seem to mind. You have to buy a physical copy of the game to use powersaves. Gamefreak doesnt make money off of Wifi battles, Iv's, Ev's, Natures, Conkeldurr, Dragonite, egg hatching or event pokes. It makes money off of the sales of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and X and Y. And nintendo makes money off the sales of 3DS consoles. Datel doesnt hurt Nintendo nor Gamefreaks budget. Honestly you have this whole thing backwards and should be aiming your argument at flashcarts. Because those are what take money from game card businesses, because you can download roms and such to them. But even then they dont take money from Nintendo. But honestly cheating, hackmons, and powesaves do not take money away from Gamefreak or Nintendo.

Years
In eBay people sell pokemon... There is even a website dedicated just in selling pokemon for real life money~
Besides Nintendo filed a lawsuit to Datel, just before B/W2 I think it was...
They only failed since they couldn't prove if a pokemon is really cheated or not *legit or legal* since the security of pokemon they implemented failed them.
But since they know now that Mythicals are being renamed into vulgar things in Wi-Fi when shouldn't be, they should or will probably file a lawsuit for abusing online uses through GTS.
If a player instead just wait for powersave... Lets say in Japan... They are not much into hacking but if they are... Do you think much will go to the cinema or just wait for the DVD?
Besides a pre-ordered ticket is alot more expensive than buying a regular ticket and Im pretty sure they will lose money that way.
Well yeh flashcarts, and whatnot~ ROM hacks... Creators of them rarely want money in return.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Hacking into games is as old as the NES at least. Remember Game Genie? That did the same thing; giving you extra lives, increased jumping ability, the works. It's a gray area, but people are going to do it whether you like it or not, and there's not much you can do about it. Datel making a 6th gen Action Replay isn't entirely sponging off of Pokemon alone because people don't just buy it for hacking Pokemon. There are Action Replay codes for every game out there, including Legend of Zelda, Mario and anything else compatible with a 3DS. People like cheating, and whether they do it or not is their personal preference.

There's another important point though: hacking into games isn't the same as hacking into software. You're changing bytes but you're only injecting code that gives you Pokemon or extra lives, not injecting a virus that wipes your hard drive and gets your bank account information. The two are very different, and have very different goals. Besides there's a point you're missing: if hacking video games becomes illegal there goes all your mods. Modding a game is hacking it, since you're going in there and changing how the game originally worked, so you'd be making mods illegal for every game out there.

But with that said, gosh darn it Japan. Why can't we get a shiny Arceus? ; ;

Years
In eBay people sell pokemon... There is even a website dedicated just in selling pokemon for real life money~
Besides Nintendo filed a lawsuit to Datel, just before B/W2 I think it was...
They only failed since they couldn't prove if a pokemon is really cheated or not *legit or legal* since the security of pokemon they implemented failed them.
But since they know now that Mythicals are being renamed into vulgar things in Wi-Fi when shouldn't be, they should or will probably file a lawsuit for abusing online uses through GTS.
If a player instead just wait for powersave... Lets say in Japan... They are not much into hacking but if they are... Do you think much will go to the cinema or just wait for the DVD?
Besides a pre-ordered ticket is alot more expensive than buying a regular ticket and Im pretty sure they will lose money that way.
Well yeh flashcarts, and whatnot~ ROM hacks... Creators of them rarely want money in return.

That lawsuit failed because they cannot own pokemon that are inside of a persons game. They can only own the files that were used to create them. Powersaves doesnt inject pokemon into the game therefore its not against the rules nor is it illegal. Besides that you cant name a pokemon or your character or rival any vulgar names anymore. That ended with X/Y I believe. Believe me I tried. New games that are sold through Ebay and other companies usually a cut goes to Gamefreak itself. Honestly I have little knowledge on how that works because im not part of that company, but saying Ebay cant sell pokemon Omega Ruby is like saying Walmart cant sell it either. As for used games on Ebay the rights to that property belong to the person who is selling it and not Gamefreak. There are many technicalities you dont understand about this. Gamefreak only owns the files of everything thats within the game. Not the game itself, so as long as Datel isnt extracting the files, Modifying or altering them thats against copyright laws such as rom hacking Gamfreak cannot do anything about it and Datel cannot be sued. Although Gateway 3ds does allow roms to be played on the system it does not extract the roms itself you have to download them from an external source. You would have to sue every rom hacker in the USA and honestly just sueing that many would bankrupt Nintendo AND Gamefreak because of lawsuit expenses. Overall Datel and Gateway3DS nor Ebay or Walmart take any kind of money away from Nintendo or Gamefreak. They are their own legitimate businesses that sell their own products and accessories.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
Just for argument sakes, there is one way that Powersaves can actually cause Game Freak to lose money. When someone gets a hold of a event pokemon and makes multiple copies of it just to hand it out to the public, this can cause Game Freak to lose money. There are people out there that will buy a movie just to get the event pokemon that comes with it. When they no longer have to do this because they can get it for free, Game Freak loses money. So in a sense, cloning event pokemon that only comes out via money can cause Game Freak to loses money. Now, the issue here is the fact that Game Freak already gives out free event pokemon without requiring you to buy a thing. So, Game Freak in a way has no reason to complain if they want to give things away for free but also charge for specific events. At that point, Game Freak is being a hypocrite to their own logic.

Basically, as long as its not a pokemon that you technically have to pay for to get, its really not causing Game Freak to lose money when you use Power Saves. Its only when these "pay to get" pokemon are cloned is when Game Freak loses money. Fire is right though, Powersaves and hacking in general do not affect Game Freak's sales of the game itself. Neither do these sites that offer specific pokemon for money. These sites do not provide a service that you don't already have available to you when you buy the game. So, its not really costing Game Freak any money when people sell pokemon.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I know it's unfair, but hahaha Pokémon originated from Japan afteall. So aint gonna get mad on that. :P

My concern on the other hand is Pokémon might end up including microtransection stuff in their future games. They can easily do this to the trainer customizations, event legendaries, rare items, etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
That wont solve the problem to be honest. People will still just get the event/rare items, clone a ton of them and give them out for free. So really doing microtransactions is not much different than putting a code in a movie so that you can only get the pokemon by buying the movie. You might just get a group of people that will go and share the payment of the event poke/item. Say its $10, 3 people will pay $3.33 each to get the poke, then clone it and hand it out to their friends. So it just doesn't solve the issue really. The only way to solve the issue is to find a way to distinguish the hacked pokemon from the real one and Powersaves in general isn't making the pokemon from nothing. Powersaves is only taking the pokemon as a base platform and editing it to be exactly what you want it to be, so even if they found a way to distinguish hacked from non-hacked it wouldn't work on powersaves. Its essential a legal version of the pokemon, just with the IV/EVs/Nature values changed to what you want.

EDIT: Oh, and even if Game Freak was able to do something to tell when a pokemon was edited, that doesn't solve the entire problem. Yes, cloned pokes wouldn't be allowed in battles but that doesn't mean its hard to get any breedable pokemon that you want. You grab a ditto, make it 6 IV, grab the pokemon you want, make it 6 IV then the nature you want and then turn on fast hatch and breed the two. With in 15 minutes you will have at least a 5 IV version of the pokemon you want. The only thing that this would solve outside of cloning is having the exact Hidden Power you want. Honestly though, you take maybe 15 minutes and get the Garchomp you couldn't use back? How does this solve anything really?

Last edited:
Years
Well... I did clarify that software hacking IS NOT like rom hacking. And for the eBay pokemon sellers, I wasn't talking about plushie or t-shirt sellers. I was talking about the real pokemon*IN-GAME POKEMON* sellers out there, Besides anyone selling merchandise with Pokemon anywhere in there name shouldn't even be done at all.*ahem... Trademark anyone?* Well unless they are actually legitimately sold by the company. Even advertising or showing logos of any sort is not allowed but still happens. You might know this from the way logos of some sort are blurred during broadcast, or even if watching reality shows, labels are ripped off. So really, if a person tries to sell something linked to Pokemon, proper procedures is that they are supposed to contact them first and whatnot and get a deal. Yes, they may not have been the one who designed a plushie *for example* but the influence of them as being pokemon is what makes people buy them and get their money from that. So Nintendo/GameFreak is really entitled to a fraction of the money gained from those in-game-pokemon sold in eBay,

Well I can't really argue with anything from ROM hacks since I do not play them nor have tried them, therefore I didn't mention anything about them.

But I was arguing mostly about how people here, in this thread seems to moan about how Japan 'gets all the cool stuff' which was answered in my first post. CAN YOU GUYS ACTUALLY READ MY FIRST POST? *2nd Page*

If you had read my first post. I did say I wasn't strongly against them. My argument only evolved how Pokemon is being sold in various websites and whatnot without Nintendo/GameFreak even getting a cent back. Well PowerSave is ripping off GameFreak, and ok... AND NINTENDO. They are altering them. They get a base copy of it and changes/alters it to their own taste of what IV/Nature/Characteristics. So hence you are modifying what was on the game itself. Plus even on the old games like for example, in D/P/Pt, powersave/action replay was used to alter the game play, by reintroducing events/event items that are not released *Azure Flute* or past their event dates set up by GF itself. If Azure Flute event was not even released and been 'locked' in the in-game item catalogue then I would think that's hacking don't you think so? Plus making unreleased event pokemon appear in the wild in levels I am pretty sure is no where than they would be released at. Besides your argument on how using PowerSave/Action Replay is not hacking is stupid since they have advertised themselves as a hacking tool before.

Last edited:
Back