• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Perhaps dragon-types don't necessarily have to be starters, but I feel it would be rather cool if we were at least able to obtain one (whether it be given to us by somebody, or via actual wild encounter) early-on in the game. I've always wanted to see how things would have been if we had chance to go through our journey with a dragon Pokémon on our team from get-go, and this would sort of solve the case, haha.

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
    Years
  • It would indeed be awesome to get a Dragon early in game *,* It already is possible though. I mean you can just transfer one or let someone trade you one. Though it isn't really the "story mode" way >.<
    So I am thinking of doing a solo game with a dragon through OR when I get it. DO you guys have any suggestions on which pokemon to pick?

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • hmmmm i mean Dragonite is for me the most op Dragon.... you could choose him. i would choose Salamence. xD but thats hard.... i don't think you can beat the elite 4 whit only a dragon pokemon... two i think you can do it :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Dragon Pokemons should be weak to Steel type?
    Ok since i can hardly put the nerf aside....
    No i dont feel it should be although it makes sense i think that dragons cant damage steel that well but steel can damage dragon. I mean how i see it is a dragon is slayed by a warrior with a sword...but a lot really dont win so i feel its good how it is neutral damage plus dragon already isnt very affective against it so it does make sense. The only way i would see it being supereffective against it would be if it wasnt supereffective against itself or if fairies weren't made which neither would i want undone ;)

Last edited:

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • I Mean i don't know if that would work as well. because some of the dragons designs are looking kid of metalish. so i don't think that would work in the paper but in the game that would work... because Gamefreak are crazy people. idk. maybe it is something that they will add eventually but right now... next gen i don't think that is gonna happen...

Years
  • Dragon Pokemons should be weak to Steel type?

Given all the stuff about knights slaying dragons with their weapons (which tend to be made of metal) this weakness would make logical sense, but given what Archer said about how hard Steel-types were partially nerfed (losing the Ghost/Dark resistance) I don't think I'll see it happening sadly.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I Mean i don't know if that would work as well. because some of the dragons designs are looking kid of metalish. so i don't think that would work in the paper but in the game that would work... because Gamefreak are crazy people. idk. maybe it is something that they will add eventually but right now... next gen i don't think that is gonna happen...

Well we arent talking like it will happen but would it make sense rather because gamefreak wont be changing too much in the future with types for a while no doubt but its fun to imagine what makes sense and what really doesnt :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Dragon Pokemons should be weak to Steel type?

It could work with steel > dragon or even vice versa. If we're following the idea of applying the weaknesses and strengths of dragons found in mythology then it's true that the knight usually slays the dragon. At the same time it could also go two way with them working against each other because really, how does a beast lose to a tiny human with a sword? I've always thought of dragons as some of the more intellectual creatures to know some battle strategy or at least make up brain with overwheming brawn.

While dragons are undeniably one of the best types in the game, with the introduction of fairies they're already suffering at the moment. Giving them a steel weakness would be okay but maybe Gamefreak could hold it off till another time. XD

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • Dragon Pokémon should be weak to Steel type?

Of course, the knight slays the dragon but that's not valid everywhere. It's only for bipedal dragons, not for the Sky Dragon Rayquaza! The Dragons are Invincible, they are Legendary but have a soft spot for fairies, so they let the little ones go by...........

How's everyone doing?

A new topic here, previous one remains ones for a while:

Are Dragons the master of all the elements? Given the fact that they have no elemental weakness, Are they the master of them all?!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • ^ I thought you were away for a while o_O

Anyway, it's actually not that Farfetch'd to say they are the master of all elements. They do resist them all and many Dragons can use most of those type of attacks. Though anything that can use Ice could take a Dragon down, so it's still got that to deal with...

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Are Dragons the master of all the elements? Given the fact that they have no elemental weakness, Are they the master of them all?!

I'd say probably. It's not a sure answer but they're not gods in the way they have no weaknesses. Dragons do have great resistances and movepools though, so its arguable if they're the ruler of all the elements. They get hit by rocks and frozen by ice. Sometimes they get added weaknesses based on their secondary typing. However, they also have a form of retaliation with a variety of different moves, high stats and other forms of defense.

To keep it simple though, yes they're more powerful than all the elemental types. They're not perfect but they're still probably the masters of them all. :]

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Should Dragon Pokémon be weak to Steel type?
    It does sound like an interesting concept, but I'm not precisely sure as to how it would work, unfortunately.

I suppose it's understandable as to how ice-types have strong effect on them (in media, dragons are portrayed to have a tough time under cold climate), as well as dragons and fairy (at least to some regard), but I don't believe I could think of much reason for steel, aside from it being tough to break, hard-hitting, and so forth. If we go by this route, however, a lot of other types could be treated the same, such as rock and ground.

Plus, adding another weakness to dragon would sort of make them... used less, in a way. Currently, it has three, which many of us would agree is a lot, and if there's one more added, I believe we'd be finding ourselves to be more careful when utilizing dragon-type Pokémon and whatnot; those who are new to the scene would likely stay away from them until they develop more experience. Perhaps I'm looking into this too much, I don't know, haha. Though, I still don't feel that having another weakness implemented would be a good idea in long run.

Kirito-kun

~Minecraft Pokemon NerveGear Developer~
    Years
  • Username: Kirito-kun
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Um... You can call me Arthur or Nate, whichever suits you :D
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: My personal fave is... Dratini
    Reason for joining club: Well... I want to interact and socialize with more people on the forums :)
    Answer to any one of the current topics: Would you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? : It would be a Dratini :D Since it's cute and It can be good for a starter judging from it's stats and moveset :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hey Nate, welcome to the club! Dratini's one of my long time favourites. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like the most about it? I hold it in high regards for being my first dragon type but the design's pretty sweet too. <3

And that's an interesting point, Ashley! I've never actually realised how many weaknesses dragons have been getting. Sure 3's next to nothing when you compare it to types such as rock or ground but they're dragons. Supposedly one of the best types in terms of anything. I guess having steel resist dragon attacks is also plenty enough, as there can be resistance but not necesssarily strength over another type.

Kirito-kun

Years
  • Hi Aslan :D Thanks for accepting me! Well... I like most about Dratini is the general design of the pokemon itself, I mean, who wouldn't like to have a Dratini in their colleciton? Also, I like it's moveset, 'cause even in low levels it can REALLY pack a giant punch ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I also like Dratini's design; to me, it looks rather adorable! Sometimes, it could be tough to lead certain dragon-type Pokémon into looking cute, I would imagine, as majority of fans generally expect them to seem tough and confident-looking (including myself), but I feel they've done a great job here. Its puppy-like eyes would be one thing that pulls me into thinking this, and so does its ears, haha.

Kirito-kun

Years
  • I agree, I even didn't evolve it and waited for a ditto to breed it with XD It really has an adorable design

Years
  • Signing up!

Username: Sven
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Rayquaza and its mega form! :D
    MRayquaza_Shiny_ORAS.gif

From non legendary, Dragonair.
    Reason for joining club: Dragons are my favorite type, simply put.
    Answer to any one of the current topics:
    6. Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with?
    Nope. Dragons are special. They are rare and powerful, and should be for the special trainers only. If however I could choose once, being a special trainer and all that, I'd go with RAYQUAZA! lol jk Dratini :D

Years
  • In addition to Dratini being a cute little first form, Dragonite is a pseudo-legendary that I can say looks happy but fierce at the same time. The same can't quite be said for its other 600 stat Dragon-type counterparts, which look flat out nasty and ready for havoc.

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Username: ZapdosMan
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: one word, Hydreigon
    Reason for joining club: I like Dragon type Pokemon because they're the strongest type, which come with other types like Dialga(Steel/Dragon) and most of them are Legendary Pokemon and indeed they are Legendary and Invincible :D

What made you love Dragon Pokemon?
    They are very strong as well as proud, can't be taken down easily and they have really good looks. I mean have you seen Giratina!

Your first Dragon Pokemon....?
    The first ROM i played was Emerald sooo.. i think Raquaza was my first dragon pokemon since i didn't pay any attention to the others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back