• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Is your favorite in yet?

Trashman_bencc

PLUM CRAZY
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Still waiting out for my boy dunsparce, but at least weezing is in, and with a fancy top hat!

Labbed

Theorycrafting Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2020
    Mawile is but as an exclusive for the version I wasn't going to get -_-

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I have a Starmie and Scizor that I'm really attachted to. Both have yet to be confirmed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Toxicroak would be my fave, it is already in and I'm happy

Tentacruel would be my next most wanted just because I love it as a Competitive Pokémon

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Zekrom's not on the list rn and mascot legends are probably not likely to survive Dexit this generation, so nah

they don't even have the next few for me

but there is Hydreigon at least

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • No sign of Dunsparce, Wartortle or Mothim yet, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Squirtle line will be there. We haven't seen any of the Sandshrew (normal or Alolan) or Porygon lines either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Cherubi is in, so I can only assume Cherrim is.

I haven't seen Nosepass or Probopass, though, and I suspect they won't make the cut. :<

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Blastoise hasn't been confirmed yet, as far as I'm aware. (I guess there's a supposed chart of included Pokémon floating around, and it's on there, but enough issues have been raised about it that I'm not sure if that image is fake.)

I'm hoping for the best, as Charizard made it, but I also know from past experience that Charizard tends to get preferential treatment. So we'll see what happens.

At least my second favorite (Pikachu) is unlikely to ever get cut.

Years
  • At this point, I doubt the Azurill line made it, despite how Azumarill actually can be played both offensively (like a sword...), and defensively (like a shield...). While Ninetales made it in, I find it hard to even play fan games when the former is excluded, so I may pass on this game.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • So with what seems to be the definitive Galar Dex list that has been circulating in the last few hours, only four out of my 25 favourite Pokémon are in. And the amount of cut Pokémon seems to be even worse than expected...

Years
  • I've just seen the presumed definitive Galar Dex cut picture and 30 of the ones I like didn't make it to Sword and Shield.

R.I.P. :
    Spoiler:

Now I'm just sad.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Like I said, I don't care, I'm just playing to enjoy the game. But alternatively if we could use this thread for least favourites that aren't gonna make it, Imma just throw in the fact that we are this far in and the floating keys have not been confirmed to be in the game yet, and I am satisfied. Please never let those keys in.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Lilligant is not in. I thought as it was not announced with it's version counterpart Cottonee that she had a Galarian form but she's not even in the game. :(

I wouldn't mind if we could import Pokemon that didn't make it in when Home was ready but that's not the case. I will not be able to use Lilligant in a Switch game for a long time (She won't be in Gen 4 remakes either) and there is no good reason why that should be the case.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Braviary and Bisharp are in which is awesome. I am a bit disappointed that Garchomp, Gogoat, and Krookodile aren't in, but I do love a lot of the new pokemon. So I am not massively disappointed. I love so many pokemon, but gives me a chance to think about playing with pokemon I never thought of using.

And just a note, I freaking love how so many overused pokemon are out. And I love how Vanilluxe made it in :D. Do with their was different forms of it though.

Last edited:
    Back