• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • The lineup for the Summer anime is still quite unknown to me, so I haven't watched many shows -- but recently started watching Mayo Chiki, which was the first thing to have remotely caught my eye upon a quick glance. It's pretty good; nothing spectacular, but okay.

I'm guessing I should check out other shows, considering people were impressed with this season. Anything to recommend?

And I agree. Bleach's plot was getting rather mediocre. I stopped watching after a while.

Mawaru Penguindrum is far and away the best show of the summer. I'd also recommend Usagi Drop, and I kind of like Kamisama Dolls. The Idolm@ster has good animation but is kind of vapid.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Can't vouch for Kamisama Dolls as I haven't watched any but Usagi Drop and No.6 are my favourite, Penguindrum is probably my third favourite as it stands, plenty of time for that to change (26 eps compared to 2 11 ep series). Not sure if you're counting last seasons shows but Steins;Gate, Nichijou and Ao no Exorcist are all cool as well.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Mirroring youtube videos is a common method of avoiding youtube's copyright infringement check system.

...and I am definitely not the target audience for that anime :laugh:

Zet

Years
  • Episode of Bardock 1 and 2 were a good read, just need to wait for 3 to come out now. :(

Mirroring youtube videos is a common method of avoiding youtube's copyright infringement check system.

...and I am definitely not the target audience for that anime :laugh:
    But it has a boy in a dress! ...not by his own will though.

J-E Discussion

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I kinda liked Wako? I thought she was going to be one of those Mary Sue types but she really wasn't? I was surprised cause I normally don't like the lead female. Actually, I normally hate the lead female haha.

There was something about Wako I liked, but I dunno what it was v_v

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I guess I respect her for going for both of the main characters romantically, more male leads across the anime world should employ that tactic. Didn't like how she was always the princess though.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • My main problem with Wako was that she didn't... pick one. I mean, I was never really a fan of Sugata, so I pretty much just shipped her with Takuto, but it was another one of those unresolved love triangles.

I would have appreciated more Simone though. D=

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • 2011 Fall Anime

You can view the chart right here. Careful, it's mahoosive.

Anyway, anything you guys are particularly looking forward to?

I'll probably only be watching Persona 4, Kimi to Boku, Bakuman Second Season, and WORKING!!. I'll give some other stuff a try too, like Guilty Crown and Un-Go, but I'm so busy I'll probably drop everything other than Persona 4 =____=...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back