• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July predictions!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I want news soon, because I am so damn tired of the same, repetitive posts on r/Pokemon... No speculation whatsoever. And Google and Twitter give no help either, just Pokémon Go related stuff.

pkmin3033

It's very difficult to speculate or make accurate guesses outside of generally likely things in gameplay without more information, yeah...if CoroCoro says nothing about USUM, I'd expect a trailer this month. If they say there is a big scoop coming next month or something, then I would say we won't get anything in July probably...

blue

gucci
    Years
    Trailers usually get announced only a few days in advance, so there's really not much of a gap between the announcement and release. Since there's still 20 days left of July, I definitely wouldn't rule it out for this month just yet.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    Honestly, I don't care about what they show because last time they ruined everything. I know that some people don't care about suspense or anything, but doesn't anyone think that what they did last time was TOO much? They literally revealed the Pseudo-Legend in the beginning itself. WTH? And the data mining leaks, I don't mind, since I won't watch them anyway. But hopefully, they leave some things to suspense, as last time, I literally predicted that Cosmog would evolve into the box legendary, and I actually won a bet with my friend. Hopefully, they don't reveal way too much. Just small slivers should be enough to get fans on their toes, right?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I never really liked that we have pre-evolutions of Solgaleo and Lunala. Both pre-evolutions are useless and pointless. What was GF thinking?

On topic: July is clearly about the movie. Maybe some pokken news. But USUM news are getting more unlikely this month. I don't expect a trailer at all.

pkmin3033

The thing is, they have a global audience to consider...the movie means absolutely nothing to Western audiences, since it isn't releasing over here this month. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw us something to tide us over after the hubbub has died down in Japan. It might have originated in Japan, but the days where Pokemon is a Japanese franchise are long gone; they're not the only audience that matter, and that may factor in to their choices for information reveals. Maybe. Still 17 days left of July. I give it another week of silence before I'd write it off, personally.

Years
    I think we're going to get the regular forms back for all the Pokemon that got Alolan forms. I also think we could see some Alolan forms for Pokemon that were introduced in Johto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There is a rumor about a Nintendo Direct airing in July!
    Is it true ?

pkmin3033

There is a rumor about a Nintendo Direct airing in July!
    Is it true ?
    Splatoon 2 had one last week, but other than that, there have been no official announcements for Directs for this month or anything like that.

...if there WAS a Nintendo Direct this month, the most we'd get out of it relating to these games is an annoucement of a news date anyway, since Nintendo release information in specific Pokemon Directs.

pkmin3033

Yeah, if we DO get news this month, I think it'll be a short trailer...a full-blown Pokemon Direct a month after the reveal? That's highly unlikely.

Although the lack of notification for this means nothing - they've announced Directs within 2/3 days of them airing before. We'd definitely be told a few days beforehand, but that could be anything between a couple of days and a couple of weeks.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I highly doubt there will be Nintendo Direct this month due to how many we've had in the past couple of months. If we don't get a trailer this month then I'd fully expect August to be packed with information. The games are already #5 on the top sellers on Amazon and we still know nothing, they need to start giving us something soon.

Years
    Joe is right. With the lack of information right now, it would be deserving to get a trailer to drop soon, though with only two weeks of the month left we could pretty much confirm that July has been a drought month.

If that is the case, August will probably have to dump a fair bit of news to make up for the two-month long drought.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Did we even get another Pokemon Direct beyond the announcements for past games? I only recall XY and SM having the ones that introduced the games in the first place. Everything else came in short trailers.

Back