• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July predictions!

pkmin3033

By the looks of things CoroCoro doesn't even mention USUM, which means they're probably not going to rely on it as a means to relay info...meaning we probably won't know if we're getting any info between now and release until the second the trailers drop. Not sure if that makes the wait easier or harder for people, honestly.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Guess corocoro is not gonna focus on main series games anymore. July is basically not getting squat. August and up is the next hope.

Years
    By the looks of things CoroCoro doesn't even mention USUM, which means they're probably not going to rely on it as a means to relay info...meaning we probably won't know if we're getting any info between now and release until the second the trailers drop. Not sure if that makes the wait easier or harder for people, honestly.

I feel Alexander has a point in that CoroCoro may be giving up on main series game news coverage, meaning we're pretty going to have to rely entirely on random trailers for any hope to get discussion going in this section again.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why would CoroCoro stop providing any info at all on main series games though?

pkmin3033

I don't think it'd stop, just that it won't be the first/only source of info. Maybe they've finally realised that Pokemon is a global franchise and that we're going to want information just as much as the Japanese...perhaps even more, given the popularity of Yokai Watch over there vs. over here.

Years
    Why would CoroCoro stop providing any info at all on main series games though?

Meyneth says that the trailers reach a wider audience, which explains why it was a successful marketing approach. Also, Yo-Kai Watch had been dethroning Pokemon's presence in the magazine since 2013.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Kinda somewhat related, but I guess there hasn't been much of a preview for next year's movie. Usually the movies feature certain Pokemon that will be appearing in a future game.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    To be honest, I would like news to come less frequently, this time around.

Last year we got way too much news, which I'm sure everyone will agree, it kinda spoiled the games.

So, maybe a trailer introducing the main characters this month, and maybe an update trailer in September and another one in late October and shortly before release they should give the main advertisement trailer.

So three news trailers and the official advertisement trailer, that would be pretty good as it's almost four months until release.

Years
    Considering we only have one more week of this month, I think I'm going to say this will be a drought month and we'll start news coverage in August. That will unfortunately mean only three months worth of news to discuss.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Yep, I'm guessing information will soon start to drop come August. Probably following the same format as SuMo where we got a Corocoro information reveal and a video trailer to complement it.

Years
    I'm guessing CoroCoro won't be covering much and most of the news will come from trailers, especially because of the trailers reaching a wider audience through social media.

pkmin3033

Still got one week of July left, nothing is definite until we pass into August.

...but it does seem less and less likely with each passing day, admittedly. But you never know. Anyone still hopeful for a last minute news drop this week, or have those of you who were previously hopeful given up on July and set your sights on August...or maybe even September?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I think if we get anything this month, it's going to be them announcing a time and date for a trailer in the first part of August.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I heard someone on Twitter say that the 26th of July seems to be a significant date to him, but the tweet has since been deleted...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I think I know where that date came from, it's associated with that Daisuki Club thing that people were making a big deal out of last week. Joe Merrick (Serebii) on Twitter has refuted it though.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I be surprised if there is news in july. After several weeks, i gave up on expecting news this month. Who knows what will happen?

Back