• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Wayne's World is the better movie of this kind, but as cheesy as Bill and Ted was it's still a classic.

pkmin3033

Forget Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and the rest: this is easily the best Studio Ghibli film. At least to me. It's a simple adventure - with a proper ending, for a change - with a fantastically colorful cast and a nice, uplifting little "believe in yourself" message delivered in a refreshingly inoffensive, non-preachy manner. Plus it has a talking cat figurine in a tuxedo. Musn't forget that. I LOVE this film.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Watched Cool Town. Definitely a....different....take on animation. I watched it after Who Framed Roger Rabbit (a favorite of mine).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Last movie I watched was The Maze Runner in theatres. I didn't understand the whole plot, but I also haven't read the books, so there's that. I'm planning to read it once it's back in the library. I have it on reserve.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Watched X-Men Days Of Future Past the other day, for the first time! Wasn't able to go see it in the cinema, so it was cool to finally receive a copy! :)
    Love all the X-Mens, and this newest one was no disappointment. Loved every bit of it, a BRILLIANT film. A definite 10/10

Years
  • Falling Down

I really enjoyed this one, mainly because I could easily relate myself to Michael Douglas' character - someone who is often very angered and tries to take it out on otherwise innocent people.

And yeah I really need to post here more since I want to watch more interesting movies.

pkmin3033

Watched this last night with mother...she fell asleep, and I got bored. I think I'd better read the books; I have absolutely NO IDEA what the fuss is all about. I couldn't really bring myself to care about the plot, the main character was thoroughly unlikeable, and...eh, maybe it's just not for me. Or maybe the books are better. That tends to happen with movies based on books, at least for me.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Full Metal Jacket. great movie, really. before I thought the 'Nam sequence was really boring but I was Fooling Myself. it's very powerful and entertaining throughout. nothing mindblowing and not as interesting as most other Kubrick but it's still really good, of course.

Nakala Pri

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Wasn't too fantastic but it was okay. :D

Years
  • Looper

This has to be the most intense movie I've ever watched, period. Every scene kept me on the edge and I gotta love the heavy use of slow motion to make everything even more intense, along with having a plot I consider very original, unique and not too cookie-cutter in nature. There wasn't many big names cast-wise but I was really impressed with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (I like the guy, he's very talented in my thoughts) and I think it was the most accurate role he's ever had (in fact, he studied a lot of Bruce Willis by watching some of his movies to perfect the role), and I felt like every moment echoes my dark, troubled side as well.

While I enjoyed this movie, I still couldn't stand how "fake" and "unnatural" Gordon-Levitt's face looked in this movie I do have to give credit for incorporating his talent of speaking French into parts of the movie. Emily Blunt also acted like a real badass here, which is usually a rare sight for her.

In the end, I can say this is not your stereotypical time-travel movie. It's much more intense that I definitely consider it something entirely different for its genre, because every moment will give you shivers. Pretty much one I'd recommend if you're into very intense, on the edge stuff that gives you the feels.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Hmmm...well, they're getting better, I'll give them that. I've also got to give this one credit for making the events of the first three terrible films into figments of Wolverine's imagination. As far as superhero movies go, this one was average really - the acting was passable, the special effects were fantastic (Age of Ultron's Quicksilver has a lot to live up to after this) and the plot was predictable. A good way to spend the afternoon, though! And that post-credits scene...FFFF. Lots of promising Marvel movies coming out in 2016. Apocalypse is one of my favourite villains, and he's easily one of the X-Men's most iconic, so...they'd better not mess this up.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nightmare on Elm Street.

They were showing it as a Halloween special in my local cinema so we thought it would be a good occasion to see a good horror film, I'd never seen it before that either!

Years
  • The Grey

This movie involves a group of men whose plane crashes and lands in snowy Alaska, and they suddenly find themselves targeted by wolves, and they have to use the best of their survival skills in an attempt to fend them off. The intensity really goes up when one by one, the men die over the course of the movie, except one (played by Liam Neeson). Most of them get killed by the wolves, but it eventually leads up to an end showing a brave, emotional performance by Neeson.

I can definitely say, you really tell his acting was greatly impacted in an emotional way when his wife got killed in a skiing accident. It's a reason why you have to always feel for him in any role he's playing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back