• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • That's one leak I'd like to try and avoid if possible. Some of the leaks are interesting to know about, but when they become major spoilers it just ruins the surprise element of the games imo.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • That's one leak I'd like to try and avoid if possible. Some of the leaks are interesting to know about, but when they become major spoilers it just ruins the surprise element of the games imo.

Completely agreed. An important character such as the Champion isn't something I want to be spoiled .... I want it to be a surprise :3

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • How much do you wanna bet the whole (actual) Pokedex is going to be leaked a month before the games release.

Sigh.

For me, this would be my spoiler limit. I often skim through Bulbapedia/DB in the days leading up to each game's EU release to plan a playthrough team. Major plot devices and major characters I'd rather avoid.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    How much do you wanna bet the whole (actual) Pokedex is going to be leaked a month before the games release.

Sigh.

Isn't that what happened with Black and White?

I remember there being a period where there were people leaking silhouettes and then actual drawings afterwards. (I've never been able to find any of that stuff though, but I'm sure it happened)

Years
  • For me, this would be my spoiler limit. I often skim through Bulbapedia/DB in the days leading up to each game's EU release to plan a playthrough team. Major plot devices and major characters I'd rather avoid.

Well, you will have to tread carefully when spoiler leaks are around since your region releases 5 days after everyone else so if you don't want people from say the US, Japan, Australia and all those other non-Europe countries spoiling everything for you. When do you plan to impose the spoiler limit because everyone tends to pick a different point for it?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think September is going to be my limit from now on. I'm gonna try and play the games with being surprised by some new Pokemon I haven't seen yet. Which is why I'm hoping we get a little more than 100 considering how many Pokemon we know of so far. I have a feeling though that Alola Formes are going to be taking up about half, while the other half might be brand-new Pokemon from Alola.

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • Well, you will have to tread carefully when spoiler leaks are around since your region releases 5 days after everyone else so if you don't want people from say the US, Japan, Australia and all those other non-Europe countries spoiling everything for you. When do you plan to impose the spoiler limit because everyone tends to pick a different point for it?

I'll probably keep up with pre-release information until November; anything GF/Coro chooses to reveal shouldn't be too spoilery! In the five days leading up to the EU release I'm going to team plan on DB carefully and avoid social media like the plague ^^;;

But overall I'm pretty chill, I just won't be reading any semi/confirmed leaks which give away the story endings and post-game.

S/n, watch out for PokeJungle's clickbait article posted ahead of tomorrow, js.

Years
  • Gamescom is going to confirm or debunk a leak, or maybe show something completely unexpected. The livestream happens at 1:00am for me, which I usually do stay up long enough to anyway so no big problem.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So I read those rumours on Pokejungle, the ones regarding Rainbow Greninja and like they're incredibly plausible. I'm a little upset about having no new mega evolutions and only 23 Alola forms but it all does seem very likely and possible because the leaks aren't claiming anything totally "out there." Although that NX Kalos/Alola game is making me very excited but also very sceptical lol but I guess it's all just a waiting game, we'll know in a few days if they're fake or not.

Years
  • I feel Rainbow Greninja is a huge joke because I feel Greninja already gets enough fanservice as it is and I really feel it doesn't need more since it won't be the focus of the generation anymore. No new Megas is most plausible, since I do see Megas taking a backseat and the focus all being poured into Z-Moves and Alola Forms.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I read those rumours on Pokejungle, the ones regarding Rainbow Greninja and like they're incredibly plausible. I'm a little upset about having no new mega evolutions and only 23 Alola forms but it all does seem very likely and possible because the leaks aren't claiming anything totally "out there." Although that NX Kalos/Alola game is making me very excited but also very sceptical lol but I guess it's all just a waiting game, we'll know in a few days if they're fake or not.

The mention of Gigareki from that leak, when it should be known that the name was for a game mechanic and not for a Pokémon, is more than enough for me to believe the leak is fake. Of course regardless if it's fake or not, no new Mega Evolutions is most likely because it's not the main focus of this generation right now (it's currently Z-Moves), but I wouldn't be surprised if they become available postgame.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Idk why people feel knowing the Champion is a huge blow - in most of the games that information is inconsequential! :P

I would like a Champion I actually want to live up to and surpass though, Lance was always a good'un.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Cynthia and Diantha by far had the best Champion themes imo. The music style of S/M has been great so far, hopefully it continues and we get another great soundtrack for the E4 & Champ.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • If the Champion is an existing character it will likely be Cynthia given her balanced team and general popularity. It might be Lance due to his Gen 1 ties and being Champion in Gen 2 but that's a big if Dragonnite gets some form of new form which I hope it does.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Cynthia and Diantha by far had the best Champion themes imo. The music style of S/M has been great so far, hopefully it continues and we get another great soundtrack for the E4 & Champ.

Agree on Cynthia but disagree on Diantha. The point of a Champion theme, like every final boss theme, is to have an incredibly intense tone that keeps you energetic. Blue, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, and Alder have this tone, but Iris and Diantha don't (because their themes are too happy-go-lucky for a final boss theme).

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Welk, I think the leaks might've just taken a kick to the face, I don't recall anything about a fire turtle like we got in Turtonator. (Was there anything about a Fire/Dragon type?)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • 08/18/2016
    - There are around 2 to 3 new Pokemon they plan on "running into" on Akala
    - First look at "Bond Phenomenon" with Greninja
    - Second evolution of a starter is used in the gameplay. Very generic looking

Guess we can throw away this leak as fake now, because we've only got one new Pokémon announced and no sign of Ash-Greninja and a starter evolution.

Years
  • Well, I guess the Rainbow Greninja rumor is fake. I didn't like the idea of that type of Greninja anyway.

Anyways, I don't think any of the Big Four leaks mentioned anything about a new turtle or Fire/Dragon Pokemon so definitely something the leakers didn't see coming. However, we still don't know if the Ash Greninja rumor in one of the four major leaks will be debunked or not.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm really glad that the Rainbow Greninja rumor was fake for a completely different reason (the NX part).

Now we await for Rockruff's werewolf evolution being true next month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back