• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Least favourite 4th gen Pokemon?

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
  • I would like Bronzor/Bronzong more if Heatproof actually gave immunity to Fire. That would make it so much more annoying in competitive, but the ability would make more sense to me.

Years
  • Probopass is easily my least favorite Sinnoh Pokemon. I didn't like its prevolution, I don't like its typing, I don't like its hat and I definitely don't like its silly moustache. I think the last 3 letters in its name about sum up how I feel about Probopass.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • Azelf <3

I hate the Gastrodon line; all of them look stupid, and are really just bad Pokemon in general.

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • Sinnoh had loads of awesome evolutions for older pokes (weavile, magnezone, electivire) but also some horrible ones, like Lickilily. I also disliked Chingling. I mean, they could've made a baby version of kangaskhan, scyther, tauros, heracross or pinsir, but no. It's all about the freaking chimecho.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I never cared for the Infernape line whatsoever. I find them horrendously overrated and their design looks kinda dumb IMO. I'll always prefer Torterra.

Same deal with Starraptor. Overrated af and everyone I know uses him. I like Starly, but his final form is pretty ugly. I always end up using Noctowl or Swellow instead.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Ehh, to be honest, I never really liked Arceus too much. I just don't think the concept of a God Pokemon really sits well with the franchise, and if it were to come sooner or later, I'd much rather they didn't introduce it till a later generation. I understand that Sinnoh was supposed to be linked with the ancient times of the Pokemon world, and they'd want to throw in a lot of lore and myths, but it just feels waaaay too early to throw in an actual God Pokemon. Especially considering how none of the future legendary backstories will ever really match up to Arceus'. I understand if they were running low on ideas, but it just seems to fit in a whole lot better with the last generation, if there should ever be one like that; at least it shouldn't be generatoin four :p

I reckon they might've tried to appease to the creationist crowd as well, since Pokemon had received a lot of backlash from religious people due to apparently "brain-washing" children into believing in the theory of evolution over the creation myth. So perhaps it was to give them less of a reason to complain, but ehhh, seems kinda far-fetched.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really like Infernape, Bastiodon and Drapion. Those three in particular. I'm not a fan of Garchomp either, my least favourite pseudo legendary. Purugly and Lopunny are two others I'm not crazy about. Bibarel and Lickilicky also come to mind. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are probably my least favourite legendary trio too.

My feelings about them have mostly mellowed over time though.

For me 4th gen is mainly full of pokemon that had to grow on me, there were very few instants. (Piplup, Chatot & Roserade were the only three I took an instant liking to)

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
    Years
  • Uhuh, I can't really explain WHY I like these pokémons in particular but the cases what I can propose are :

*The beauty *w*
    *The attacks *b*
    *The mystery that emanates of them *O*
    So, enough talking, this is my ranking :​

1°) Togekiss, Milotic and Shaymin are nominated for the beauty :$
    2°) Gengar and Electivire
    3°) All the pokemons obviously because they constitute a mystery, it was a french's (wholesale, ME :^p) trap muahahaha.

Years
  • When 4th gen came out, I really disliked most of the new Pokemon introduced. I hated all the starters and their evos, I thought the legendaries looked over designed and ugly / boring. Most of all I hated the new evos given to previous pokemon - Rhyperior being my most hated of all. However as time goes on I came to accept them a lot more. D/P as games, were really enjoyable, so it was slightly easier to get used to the new Pokemon.

I'd say my most hated, design-wise are still: Rhyperior, Gastrodon and Arceus.

Years
  • I can't say that all of the 4th Generation Pokemon are bad, but there quite a few bad eggs in the bunch. My least favorite 4th Generation Pokemon just has to be Burmy and it's evolution line. To start it all off, it's just a very gimmicky Pokemon. Arceus is also like this, with all of those plates, but this is about Burmy! There are too many forms to it, and they are all just very pointless. All of the forms of Burmy are down-right ugly, my least favorite being Trash Cloak. I guess why it's called the Trash Cloak. Burmy is very weak, which is fine since it's not fully evolved yet. But when it evolves, it's still not very good, both of its evolutions. Wormadam still has that horrible form thing, but you can't change it like you could with Burmy. It's still very weak, like Burmy. What's there to say about it? It's just a very bad Pokemon. Mothim is at least a little better. It's still weak like the rest, but it looks more visually appealing.

The Burmy line should have never been created, it's just a waste of space, like some of the other Pokemon. Burmy however, is by far my least favorite 4th Generation Pokemon. I even prefer other un-creative Pokemon over it, like Voltorb.

Years
  • Lickylicky - Wut? Let's make a bigger pokemon that it's preevolution with shorter tongue and a wi-fi sign on it's chest O.o Best design ever made D:
    Bastiodon - Same thing - Weird design :o
    Rotom and it's form - Same reason.

Years
  • I was never really that high on the designs of the creation trio and Arceus. Let's be honest, they're really weird, design wise. But I HATED things like Kricketot/Kricketune. They were just bad all-around, even for your generic early stage bug type. And their cry was especially annoying.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Since 4th Gen is my least favorite, there is plenty of Pokemon to chose from.
    A new Pokemon i really disliked was Finneon/Lumineon line. Just another generic fish, less than average stats and nothing special at all about it. As for a new evolution i really dislike, hands down Licky-Licky.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Rhypherior and Lickylicky i didn't like. The designs never appealed to me at all and i never used them, ever.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Aww, I hate seeing Arceus hate. I agree it's steel variant is a b♥♥♥♥ online, but it's lore is actually kind of fascinating. :P When I used the Azure Flute and walked up those stairs, I was just so excited to see what would happen next.

As for my least favorite 4th Gen. Pokémon...it's Gastrodon. Shellos was kinda cute...but Gastrodon was unnecessary and is probably the ugliest Pokémon to me. It's also really bad at battle in general.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I honestly found most of 4th gen to be enjoyable, personally. However, the Wormadam evolution set and Arceus struck me as...unneeded?

Wormadam is a cool concept, but the designs were meh in my opinion. Not something I would want on my team in any case.

Arceus is too hyped, and honestly, it's obnoxious looking. It's overly designed and isn't enjoyable to look at.

Fourth gen had other problem pokemon as well, but these are the ones that left the worst impressions on me.

Back