• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Least favourite 4th gen Pokemon?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Surprisingly, I don't dislike a lot of Gen 4 Pokemon. One that's been mentioned a lot is Wormadam, which I do think is pretty ugly, haha. Also, Purugly and Lickilicky. I also dislike Lopunny a lot.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Blissey, that thing was so annoying in gen 4 and still is to some extent nowadays too.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    With 4th gen being my first/fave gen, I hate doing this. But okay:

Purugly, Skunktank, Toxicroak. Who didn't like the 3 Galactic admin pokemon? I mean, they were hard to beat, they looked cool (except Purugly) but they were too dang strong!!

Bronzong/Bronzor. They are so hard to fight with the only weakness being fire (on my first playthrough I had no fire), they confuse you and wall you!

Years
  • My top 3 would easily be Electivire, Ambipom and Chimchar.

Out of all the new evolutions to previous gens, I found Electivire's to be the worst in terms of design, I don't really know why I just find it really unappealing while all the other ones have either grown on me or don't bother me :)

With Ambipom and Chimchar, I've just never really overly liked monkeys so they were kinda a given, in addition to me really just not liking their designs (I don't mind Infernape as much though). Add to that the crazy Chimchar that Ash had in the anime and you can understand why I've never felt the appeal behind it.

As negative as this post sounds, I actually do really like a lot of the 4th Gen pokes lol :)

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Spr_5b_476.png

This guy I could never really understand. I cant say I hate him, I just really wish his design was better XD also Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit could have been better..

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Gen 4 also was my least favourite gen in terms of Pokémon designs. Anywho, these are the Pokémon I flat out don't like (it's hard choosing a least favourite):
    The Bidoof line, Kricketot line (one thing I like about Kricketune is its cry), Budew (Roserade is cool though), the whole Burmy line, Combee (I like Vespiquen though), Pachirisu, Cherubi line, Ambipom (Aipom was cute), Chingling, Happiny, Lucario (I just find its design so awkward, I don't mind Riolu), Finneon line, Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss and Phione.

I happen to like Probopass, Skuntank, Garchomp, Gliscor (favourite Gen 4 Poke), Spiritomb and Gastrodon.

@Ingosmex- Blissey is a Gen 2 Pokémon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • hmmm I have three least favorites; they are Shaymin, Gallade and Lopunny. If I had to chose one out of those three I would have to pick Shaymin because it is an annoying little Pokemon (especially in the movie). I just dont see why and how Shaymin is considered to be a legendary; it looks too innocent and soft.

:t354:TG

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Burmy Bibarel Spirtomb Floatzel Bronzong Purugly and and and Kricketune hes a little ugly failure he cant attack and the rest just look so stupid and aren't even needed in the game idk about arceus I kinda think they never should of made it stating its the most powerful hopefully one day they'll come up with pokemon more powerful than him

Years
  • Poor Purugly.

I am harsh on many of the pokemon of this generation, unlike any other.
    Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Probopass, Magnezone, The lake Trio, Magmortar, among others are just bulky overworked designs that lack charm.

But I always hear Purugly is ugly or fat as a reason why it is a "bad" design when a thread like this pops up. The whole idea is that this is an overweight pampered cat that uses it's tail as a girdle/corset, which is just hilarious. And the name implies that the intention was to have an ugly cat of sorts.

x_y_purugly_cursor_by_mid0456-d7a0w0p.gif

Just look at her pretentious face, it's adorable.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I kinda like all fourth gen pookemon, because that is my favorite gen and the pokemon look cool. My least favorite out of all of them is bronzor because the only purpose it serves it to annoy you. Brozong is like another golbat with confuse ray. If you don't have a fire type then Bronzong is going to annoy the crap out of you and waste your time.

Dedenne1

Years
  • No I dont not like it for it being fat and ugly just i dont think we needed that and its stats arent great if it had an evolution of sorts it may be good Purugly is like average i guess

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I hated Gallade, i like it now, but hated at first because
    a) its designed to appeal to people who say "ew tranny gardevoir" which is just plain silly, its a pokemon, not a person, and even so, why should it matter, Gardevoir is not real, thats the thing about waifus, if you don`t like its gender pick a new one.
    b) for what is meant to be a male gardevoir, it has some big hips, who thought to themselves yes big child bearing hips, thats gonna make gardevoir more manly
    But i like it now thanks to its sword arms,diverse movepool and cool typing :)

Dusknoir, it communicates with the other side and ferries souls over there, should have been legendary, it would be way cooler then Heatran

Also Heatran i don`t how living in a volcano makes you legendary but it does >_>, what is really jarring, Camperupt IS a volcano you think that would be a legendary over the magma tortoise.

I actually like Magmotar, if you ask me, Magmar has a lot of gen 4s problems, did it need shingle arms? tumors on its forehead? spines? black wrist bands? Magmotar on the other hand, has had its arm shingles replaced with a cannon and has no tumors on its head, i like both pokemon, its just if you look at magmar its has a bunch of things that make no damn sense, like with a lot of gen 4 pokes.

I`ll also defend Eletirive it stands out more then its pre-vo, i mean no offense electrabuzz has the opposite problem from magmar its too simple, Electririve looks a big thunder sasquatch, which is much cooler then...what ever electrabuzz is meant to be, then again if your problem is it being too complex, i can`t really argue with you, Electirive has an intricate design.

Palkia and Dialga i don`t like, they look too much like Robots, Arceus and Giratina on the other hand look organic yet alien, considering they are gods that makes sense, Palkia and Dialga on the other hand look like Robots, they should have been more like Arceus or Giratina in terms of design.

Keep in mind though, i don`t think arceus should have been unobtainable, thats the only reason its one of my most hated pokemon, God should not be your servant, thats just plain silly.

Not to mention Regigas why did they give it slow start? its a legendary **** balance >:( also what is made of? whats this white stuff? it is a plastic golem? Regirock/steel/ice are Rock Steel and Ice golems, Golems are usually made of clay of but i suppose if clay can be brought to life so can metal,ice and stone, but what is gigas made of?

Last edited:

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • My least favoruite Pokemon would have to be Bibarel.

While Bidoof is absolutely adorable, they really lost their mind with its evolution. For starters, it has a horrible design and bears little resemblance to the beaver or they just did a bad job with it. On top of that, it has horrible stats and has no logic in quite a few of the moves he can learn. How does Bibarel learn surf? Strength and Rock Smash is acceptable, but Waterfall is just pushing it. Really bad job with it in general.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Poor Purugly.

I am harsh on many of the pokemon of this generation, unlike any other.
    Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Probopass, Magnezone, The lake Trio, Magmortar, among others are just bulky overworked designs that lack charm.

But I always hear Purugly is ugly or fat as a reason why it is a "bad" design when a thread like this pops up. The whole idea is that this is an overweight pampered cat that uses it's tail as a girdle/corset, which is just hilarious. And the name implies that the intention was to have an ugly cat of sorts.

x_y_purugly_cursor_by_mid0456-d7a0w0p.gif

Just look at her pretentious face, it's adorable.

Spoiler:

I don't get why Purugly gets so much hate. She's absolutely precious. I love her and Glameow as well. The other kitty lines (outside of Espurr) were eh for me.

Anyways, my least favourite? I really didn't like a lot of Pokemon in Gen IV. I really don't like Electrivire though. Or probapass. Or the Bidoof line. I didn't like Empoleon, either. Burmy's line is just ugly, although Mothim is okay. All the baby pokemon look pathetic. Tangrowth and Lickilicky are ugly as well. Magnezone is really disappointing, takes away the very cool visual aspect of the Magnemite line and throws in a generic UFO theme.

A lot of Pokemon that gen were a lot uglier than Purugly, who I think is cute.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I don't get why Purugly gets so much hate. She's absolutely precious. I love her and Glameow as well. The other kitty lines (outside of Espurr) were eh for me.

Anyways, my least favourite? I really didn't like a lot of Pokemon in Gen IV. I really don't like Electrivire though. Or probapass. Or the Bidoof line. I didn't like Empoleon, either. Burmy's line is just ugly, although Mothim is okay. All the baby pokemon look pathetic. Tangrowth and Lickilicky are ugly as well. Magnezone is really disappointing, takes away the very cool visual aspect of the Magnemite line and throws in a generic UFO theme.

A lot of Pokemon that gen were a lot uglier than Purugly, who I think is cute.

Hate every one listed here i think in this gen and maybe between it and 5th had the ugliest new pokemon and most stupid the baby pokemon werent needed at all and some of the new evolutions are disappointments

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Hate every one listed here i think in this gen and maybe between it and 5th had the ugliest new pokemon and most stupid the baby pokemon werent needed at all and some of the new evolutions are disappointments

I honestly liked a lot of the lines in gen V though. Pidove, Rufflet, Vullaby, Golett, Oshawott, Snivy, Drillbur, Venipede, Sandile, Scraggy, Yamask, Sigilyph, Archen, Zorua, Ducklett, Deerling, Joltik, Litwick, Axew, Pawinard, Deino were all really cool lines. I also liked Herdier, Titourga, Keldeo, Reshiram, Colbalion, Virizon, Eelektross too. Some designs were crap but most of gen V was neutral-positive for me.

Back