• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Left-handed or right-handed?

Left-handed or Right-handed

• Total voters

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • I am one of the extremely awesome right hander's. Although I do hope with my left leg :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm right handed, but I used to be able to write with my left hand due to breaking my right arm a while back. I wish I had kept up the left-handedness so I could be ambidextrous, but I didn't. The one thing I do do with my left hand is cut things, like meat or other foods. It feels extremely awkward to try to cut meat with my right hand like I should :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I equally use both, but I tend to use my right hand moreover my left hand. Still, I can use both.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Basically, I'm right handed. I tend to do most thing with my right hand and/or I'm better at doing most things with my right hand.

There are a good number of things that I can do well with both hands, though.
    My left hand is also almost as strong as my right. I have defeated other left-handed people in arm-wrestling, or had a draw, but never really lost. I lost in the right handed ones, but technically left handed people should easily defeat me when going left handed. So that, along with a number of other things show ambidexterity in me at some levels.

However, there are a few thing, although only a few, that I can do slightly or largely better with the left hand instead. Examples include squeezing objects, pressing a button inwards with force, and a few other small thing for slightly better, and things like pressing the frets on a fret-board for largely better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm right-handed, though I've tried to do a lot of things with my left hand, it just really takes practice and dealing with aggravation :/

I can do a few things with my left hand, like play piano, type. I also strangely eat with utensils as if I were left handed.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm right handed and I'm quite sad that I don't use my left hand enough. It would be absolutely fantastic to be ambidexterous and I certainly am jealous of anyone who is.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I'm right handed, i find it very difficult to do anything with my left hand. Maybe i'm weird, but still.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Rightie over here!

I remember when I was younger I thought being left handed sounded cooler so I used my left hand for a week in school until my teacher complained about my writing :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm right-handed. For a while I really wanted to try training myself to be ambidextrous, and I know I had a good reason for it, but I can't for the life of me think of what it was right now.

Years
  • I'm a leftie. \o I pretty much can't do anything good with my right hand at all, because I never use it. I can't even move my mouse properly. I tried. :(

Oddly enough I don't care about being ambidextrous. Just doesn't seem like something I'd use often.

Years
  • I was born ambidextrous. When I was young, a doctor tested me and at the end, he told me I could use either hand for writing and gave me the choice. Unknowingly at the time, I chose the path of Darkness, by opting to use my left hand for writing.

There are a fair few things I can do with both of my hands. Using the mouse for a computer is the main example which comes to mind right now.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • Although I use my right hand in virtually everything, I can actually write with my left hand better than some right-handed people can with their right hand. My handwriting is still better with my right hand, but physically my left arm is stronger.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • When I was young, my physical therapy doctor (or parents, I forgot which) tried to get me to use my right hand because of my physical condition. But I found working with my left hand easier, so I became a lefty :>

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm right-handed. I find it difficult to use my Left-Hand for certain things like writing. :(

Back