• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    This is probably posted before, but I'm surprised that there isn't a Gen 2 hack that remakes Gen 1, considering that Gen 2 has most of the maps in Kanto.

Imagine playing Gen 1 with updated graphics, held items, berries, and updated music.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm craving a game/hack centered around James being a nice guy who accidentally ends up in Team Rocket.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I wish there was a hack that played out like a western.
    Make the trainer a cowboy and instead of bicycle the trainer would ride a pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Suggestion for a rom hack

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, only came to share with yall a good idea for a rom, and something that i would love to play! {XD}

The idea is,
    You play with 4 characters(each with different starters pokemons)
    Start commanding one of them.
    Every time you heal your pokemons (on a bed, or center pokmn) you change character, and start commanding the next one. for the hole game.
    The only history for the game that i imagine is that the 4 characters you lead, will become the elite four. (the league will not be avaible until you lead all the 4 players to "this point of the game")
    And your Rival (Ash) must be someone really really strong, following you all the game, that when he reachs the league, you will have to try stop him with each 4 characters.
    (After your rival beat the 3 first, you will have to win the battle with your last character, and when he gets out of pokemon, someone like Prof Oak appear to help him, and battle with you)
    and thats all. {:3}

Well, i just needed to share this with someone :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    why are there no hacks like this?

why are there no hacks like this? options for your character, choose to play as red, or blue, or gold or silver or May or Brendan or Dawn..... even if the technical difficulties mean you have to split the patch for the game hack into 2 patches, one for main changes, and one for the trainer customization. that is better than nothing. pretty sure there are some who would rather play as Red than Lucas.... or May rather than Rosa.
    you would even get options like May's Emerald suit or original suit.

or am i just the first to think of this? while it is understood this would be tougher to install in the 3D games like X&Y, but for those ones still using sprites, 4th gen would still work right?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Knights I want to see a hack around knights! It would be so cool!

(Not saying anything else cause I am working on a hack that has them and I don't want to give away the story yet and possibly have someone make a hack with it)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    A zombie pokemon game that is actually decent. Snakewood had a good concept but the hacker ruined it by adding stupid fakemon, real world religions, stupid references and stupid crossovers.

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Knights I want to see a hack around knights! It would be so cool!

(Not saying anything else cause I am working on a hack that has them and I don't want to give away the story yet and possibly have someone make a hack with it)

I believe Nex is working on such a hack.

Reactions: Nex
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I think its been mentioned a couple of times, but a Pokemon-Academy hack

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    I actually would like two hacks now that I have completed Red++ 100% with all 205 Pokemon.

The first is a Red/Blue hack with 251 Pokemon including all of of Gen I and Gen II Pokemon, which I know is possible because Red/Blue DX now has 254 Pokemon in total. With a Red/Blue 251 hack, you can still keep the Ghost and Fossils IDs as 252, 253 and 254 too. The story can be identical to the original Red/Blue, or new post-game content can be added to account for the Gen II Pokemon.

This one would be cool as I've ALWAYS wanted to see the complete list of both Gen I and Gen II Pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow, and it would make trading with Gold/Silver/Cystal more complete if both games had an identical list of Pokemon.

The second hack is a Gold/Silver/Crystal hack that keeps the 251 Pokemon in place, but instead of starting in Johto, you start in Kanto, like in Red/Blue/Yellow, and get to choose between Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle, and then you progress through the Red/Blue/Yellow storyline, aka, Kanto region, win eight badges, the Indigo League. Then you progress onto the Johto region, keeping all of the previous 151 Pokemon and then you get handed either a Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile, get all of the badges and then face the Johto League.

I know this would require work too, like restoring missing Kanto areas, and making sure that Kanto goes first before Johto, but it would be a great hack that would make more sense to the Anime series than the existing Gold/Silver/Crystal games.

EDIT : Thanks to permission from Mateo, who is allowing me to use his Red++ hack as a ROMBase, I am removing all of the new Pokemon he added, aka 152 to 205, and replacing them all with the Gen II Pokemon, aka Chikorita at 152 to Celebi at 251. This would also allow the Ghost and Fossils IDs to remain unchanged. This will basically be called Red 251, and eventually I want to re-enable trading to Gold/Silver/Crystal, but that will take more time, and I take no timeline for release, because as of right now, my deal with Mateo only allows him and me to use it, because it is his ROMhack and he did all of the hard work. Maybe one day, we can allow a public release, as a sidehack to Red++.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The hack I am working on is for HG/SS and involves the idea of HAVING to catch every pokemon in order to do certain things and get certain items. For a game/anime that's motto was catch 'em all they never really enforced that or gave much reward. Oh you need a red scale to get an azure flute. then you need to catch the red gyarados. oh you need a master ball which will be the only way to catch it? oh you can get one of those by showing Bill every eeveelution etc etc. I really wanted to work off of Drayano's hacks as bases but have no way of contacting him for permission.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2019
    I'm sure this has been said a million times, but I'm gonna say it again because it is a dire need. There NEEDS to be a good Team Rocket game. You know, stealing Pokemon, going on missions for Giovanni, battling your enemies (red and blue), maybe you do the gym challenges to get street cred and become one of the Team Rocket high ups.Maybe it's out there but I've spent countless hours looking and downloading crap roms. If there is one, point me towards it. If there isn't one, shoot somebody make it because it would be crazy popular.

Also, I just had this idea, maybe a Pokemon Detective rom. Where you're tracking down evildoers and you have to talk to people to find out what's going on. Pretty much a normal Pokemon game except you focus on the Team and not the Gyms. I would play.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Realism. No, I don't mean "dark and edgy and dark and edgy." Frankly the darker a Pokemon story gets the worse it seems to get, and I'm not sure who to blame.

I'm just saying why not actually expand on the universe in ways that GF seems reluctant to do? Let's actually explain how much ruling power Gym Leaders and the Elite 4/Champion have in a plausible manner (for example, Black and White would have been far more better if not for extremely large plotholes in this whole thing). How does a town keep wild Pokemon out? How have Pokemon participated in wars before (because they totally did)? Just how does some technology work? What are medicinal items made of? How about Professors actually show us their findings in detail?

It would take someone really good at writing to get these done right, but it's definitely doable.

Also, a hack that aims to implement Nuzlocke-beneficial things: random item pickups, permadeath (as in Pokemon being deleted after fainting, not a big death reference), optional Pokemon Center/set amount of times for them, bar items from battle, force set mode, etc.
    I came to this thread to talk about similar things.
    My hack (which is in the finishing touches stage of a showcase demo), Kanto Roads, has evolved into something like this, growing out of questions raised in the games-how did the Elite Four get their power? Why was Giovanni developing an ultimate weapon? What are the implications of Zapdos roosting at the Power Plant? What war did Lt. Surge serve in? Why is Victory Road named as such? What extent is the power of the Gym Leaders, and how did they gain their power? What are HMs and TMs, really, and who makes and distributes them?
    Through extensive NPC dialogue changes, Kanto Roads seeks to provide a mythology around the answers. There was in fact a great pokemon war between Kanto and Johto, the Elite Four are a cabal of trainers who ended the war, the Gym Leaders are successors to the old feudal system, Badges are licenses to use HMs, and much more.
    Honestly, I'm not sure why a hack that attempts to build on the mysteries of gen 1/3 hasn't made it out there yet. It's not hard to change dialogue, it's not hard to write bite-size snippets of worldbuilding and lore.
    This is a hack that I feel very strongly needs to be made, so I'm making it. I'm taking a lot of artistic liberties (pokemon rangers are more like a quasi-police force rather than...whatever the hell they were in the anime), but you have to when it comes to threadbare lore.

fahademon

frankly I can't think of anything
    Years
  • A hack where you're a student at a pokemon-academy, perhaps? Maybe something like instead of 8 gym leaders, you beat your 8 professors(who use various tactics) to show how much you've learnt and get your diploma, then go on to beat the academy's finest in a tournament. The one who wins graduates with a special diploma, allowing them to travel to another region and become a student at the university in that region in order to try and become the world's most renowned scholar of pokemon. Good? Bad?

Also, a 3/DS hack which has qte sequences at certain points in the game, would be pretty cool

Years
  • Some really cool concepts in this thread! I'd love to see a detective hack, solving simple mysteries at first until you stumble upon some sinister organization plotting. Aside from that, maybe a cyberpunk setting? I've seen people suggest a hack in the past, but why not show the Pokemon world's future?

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • I would like an actual Pokémon Z. I do not mean a Dragonball crossover; I mean a 3rd version that corresponds to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I would love to play a hack in a Pokemon region but with a different line of events. Instead of starting in Pallet Town, the player starts in Saffron instead. Experience the gym leaders and villain events (could be either original or the canon characters) in a different order for a fresher exprerience. Teams and levels will have to be reworked, events changed, maps edited, but it'd be a fresh experience. If one could do that with a game where you experience Kanto in a fresh view and then a post-game in Johto, I'd love it.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Pokemon Technology?

A game where you will time travel with your watch chasing The Bad Guys to save someone or just the world. Pokeballs are now E-Mails and Pokedexes are now iPad/iPhone. Pokemons are now robots and all healing items will be chargers. Holy shit that would be cool.

Back