• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance (◕‿◕)♡

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Username: LilyGardy
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Sexual Orientation: Asexual

I've had a feeling I was trans for a long time but have only been comfortable expressing myself fully for the last year or so.

Most call me Lily on here. I am still deciding on a name.

My aim for next year is to be more comfortable with myself.

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Username: Crustan
    Pronouns: He/Him
    Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious, but I'm finding myself to be okay with being bi :3c

I personally haven't dated anyone so far, and coming out is not a thing I'll do IRL, ever.

I realised I was bi-curious earlier this year and that actually scared the crap out of me, and I think some people might relate to dealing with that stuff on your own, but now I accept it to be something I am and it is my little secret! :D
    Slight update on this: I recently came out to my school friend I have known for years this week. Happened totally by chance and when he said he always felt I was bi(even though when I was being defensive by calling bisexuality a phase so as to not rouse any suspicion) I was like f*ck it, yeah I'm bi LOL

Honestly it is so freeing that someone knows! And I came out on my own terms!

Years
  • Congratulations to those of you are coming out. I think it's awesome Crustan that you have a friend who knows you so well that he had a sense that you were bi long before you were feeling confident about talking about it, and that he has always accepted you the way you are, that's a true friend. And LilyGardy, ever since I started talking to you one of the most striking features about you I have noticed is your elegant style, a true beauty trainer, and think it is exciting that you feel ready to share your feminine charms with the world now, and can't wait to hear what your new name will be as you embark on this path. Again, wishing all good things on both of you!

Incidentally, I watched a video that offers some good counterpoints to common arguments that get used to justify transphobia. It was a helpful watch for me as someone who hopes she can become more effective as an ally for the lgbtq+ community, not that I hadn't heard any of these attacks before, and some of the fallacies they have, but I didn't have all of the data that this youtuber includes, like some of the statistics from different U.K medical studies, and think that the better educated we are, the better we can fight against discrimination.

The video is part of a series about trans rights. The channel is called Notdefining, and the creator answers to the name Mark, and use both "he" or "they" pronouns. They are a therapist and relationship coach. I dig the videos I am seeing on this channel atm, and subbed.

Years
  • Username: Hisuitake aka Leaf
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Romantic orientation: Graysexual & Heterosexual
    Sexual orientation: Straight
    Relationship status: Single

Honestly I don't like being define as a label, a personal thing I had growing up since I'm multiracial. I still support the LGBT + community 100% Love is love. Be you.

Years
  • Hi there Hisuitake, Welcome to the club! No need for labels. Thank you for sharing your multicultural heritage with us. I also have an interracial family, and my skin is a reminder to me to give others always the acceptance for who they are that I would want for myself. We all bleed the same. Thank you for joining friend!

I am in the mood to share a topic question with our community! Enjoyed any media with an lgbt dynamic lately, like a movies/TV, fiction or non-fiction books, radio channels, magazines etc?

I am wrapping up the book The Color Purple by Alice Walker, haven't seen the new movie musical, this is strictly a book opinion. I found it a poignant read. There was terrible pain in it, the first half being the most brutal. Trigger warnings include racial hate crimes, substance use, domestic violence, death, sexual assault, child marriage, but it resides within a full spectrum of human emotions that include tenderness, humor, wisdom and good turns of fortune's wheel along with the bad, and many well-drawn portraits of women and their complex relationships and arcs. The love that our protagonist, the shy, hardworking Celie, has for the sassy, glamorous Shug is a central part of the story, something warm, good and beautiful that enters her life after so many traumas and awakens not just romantic love in her for the first time but helps her to love herself.

I have got myself a collection of early novels and stories by James Baldwin that I will be taking a look at next, including Giovanni's Room and Another Country, which I think would also be relevant to this club. The former is about an American expatriate living in France in the 1950s, who is at war with being himself because he is gay, but in trying to run away from parts of his life, he will of course discover himself. The latter as I understand it will be about many types of intimacy, married couples, opposite and same sex relationships, interracial romance, in an exploration of human emotion.

Last edited:
    Back