• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

love at first sight!

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
Years
  • see I am not a pervert, but have you ever had love at first sight?
    like you have seen a boy/girl of your age for the first time and you fell in love with him/her!
    (this thread is not for me because I have no interest in love 😭)

Years
  • infatuation at first sight pretty much for me (but i didn't know that then). happened constantly in my teen years when my hormones were still all over the place. got over it overtime though, especially when i learned about healthy love habits and to stop comparing real life to movies & tv shows.

nowadays i truly believe that you can't love someone instantly. you really need to get to know them first at a deep enough level to be able to gauge whether they're truly attractive to you, or if you're just infatuated.

Years
  • I don't buy into that at all honestly. How can you love someone if you don't even know them?

Personally, I think a lot of people who think that they experience this, are confusing loving someone and being attracted to them. Those are not at all the same thing.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • what is love?
    baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more

Love at first sight isn't real. Love is accepting the other person for who they are, even their flaws. If you're just meeting someone, you wouldn't know anything about the person to accept them for who they are. For that reason, "love at first sight" is a misnomer. That would actually be called infatuation. Infatuation at first sight, on the other hand... yeah that's real. It's not love until you spend time with them and get to know them.

Years
  • I have felt strong attraction at first sight and yearning, excitement, but not love at first sight. I think love is deeper than physical appearance, which is generally what you observe at first sight. For me at least it takes time with another person and meaningful conversations and action before I can fully understand my feelings about another. I won't say that I haven't fallen in love fast, but not quite at first sight. That's just me though, everyone loves in their one way.

To those who have really found love first sight then that is amazing, and I am happy for you.

Years
  • I never have. I'm the type that needs to get to know someone, likely over the course of years, before I could feel anything remotely close to romantic attraction. Just strange for it to be any other way for me @_@

Roni said:
    nowadays i truly believe that you can't love someone instantly. you really need to get to know them first at a deep enough level to be able to gauge whether they're truly attractive to you, or if you're just infatuated.

definitely agree with this!

Years
  • Rick.jpg

See this guy right here? His name is Rick. I want to marry him in a game called "Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town" which is totally possible if you played a Story of Seasons game before. Honestly it really was love at first sight. At least we're boyfriend and girlfriend in the game. I still have yet to get more heart events though.

Oooohhhhh you mean love at first sight in real life? In my opinion, it's a 50/50 chance really.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • While it technically wasn't me, it's still kinda my experience. My boyfriend's told me he fell in love with me at first sight. We spent a few hours talking when we met each other and really hit it off.

I generally agree with what people here are saying (the whole "it's infatuation at first sight, you can't love someone until you get to know them more") because I'm very much like that myself, it usually takes me a while. But even if I feel that way I'm not gonna tell someone like my bf he's wrong for experiencing that.

Throughout high school I've definitely had my fair share of "Ooo, that girl's cute" but it never led anywhere because I had difficulty talking to people. It'll usually take several weeks for me to develop actual feelings for someone.

Maybe it's just me but man I'm a big sucker for things like the "love at first sight" trope and I think y'all are too harsh on it... </3

I want to marry him in a game called "Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town" which is totally possible if you played a Story of Seasons game before. Honestly it really was love at first sight. At least we're boyfriend and girlfriend in the game. I still have yet to get more heart events though.

0XYYk88.gif

Good luck with the wedding! I'll be cheering you on from the back!

I'd mention myself being into Setsuna but that wasn't at first sight, more of a recent development...~

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • infatuation at first sight pretty much for me (but i didn't know that then). happened constantly in my teen years when my hormones were still all over the place. got over it overtime though, especially when i learned about healthy love habits and to stop comparing real life to movies & tv shows.

I don't buy into that at all honestly. How can you love someone if you don't even know them?

Personally, I think a lot of people who think that they experience this, are confusing loving someone and being attracted to them. Those are not at all the same thing.

baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more

Love at first sight isn't real. Love is accepting the other person for who they are, even their flaws. If you're just meeting someone, you wouldn't know anything about the person to accept them for who they are. For that reason, "love at first sight" is a misnomer. That would actually be called infatuation. Infatuation at first sight, on the other hand... yeah that's real. It's not love until you spend time with them and get to know them.

I have felt strong attraction at first sight and yearning, excitement, but not love at first sight. I think love is deeper than physical appearance, which is generally what you observe at first sight. For me at least it takes time with another person and meaningful conversations and action before I can fully understand my feelings about another. I won't say that I haven't fallen in love fast, but not quite at first sight. That's just me though, everyone loves in their one way.

To those who have really found love first sight then that is amazing, and I am happy for you.
    all go watch 'your name' they fell in love without knowing the name of each other in the whole movie. ok this is not love at first but they don't know the main thing of a person!
    here's a trailer link
    (you should definitely watch it with some popcorns!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k

Last edited:
    Years
  • all go watch 'your name' they fell in love without knowing the name of each other in the whole movie. ok this is not love at first but they don't know the main thing of a person!
    here's a trailer link
    (you should definitely watch it with some popcorns!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k

They didn't know each others names, but they didn't love each other until learning a lot about each other through experiencing the other's life. It's a fantastic movie.

But it's also fiction, and even if you were right, fiction is very different from reality.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yeah nah don't believe in that, you can be instantly attracted to the way someone looks or whatever sure, but there's way more to love than that and there's no guarantee you and said person would actually get along or have anything in common. I'm also incredibly cynical :femme2:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It probably exists. But it may just be very very rare, so rare that the few cases where it happened actually went unnoticed. Just because the vast majority (myself included) never experienced it and probably never will experience it that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. There are enough things going on in the world that we don't understand.

But hey, I'm just a hopeless romantic so what do I know? :P

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't think love at first sight is real/for me. I'd rather know someone first before deciding something as love, since I don't take that word lightly (for real people) ever. :x

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Never.. I still don't think it's possible. I may like the person but not fall in love immediately

Years
  • I believe you can develop a crush, I have many times. Depending on your own definition of love, that could be it.

Years
  • What is love really?
    I never understood romantic love before nor experienced it. I'll probably be single the rest of my life which I'm 100% alright with actually.

Years
  • I'll probably be single the rest of my life which I'm 100% alright with actually.

and that's awesome! more people really need to understand that just because having a partner is so common in society nowadays, doesn't mean it's for everyone. you do you Leaf, i'm rooting for you :)

Back