• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Staff note: discuss anything relating to mega evolution in ORAS here! Let us know which ORAS mega is your favorite, which you plan to use, any megas you hope will be revealed in the future, and so on.

--

Well , Do you thing the new Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will have new Mega Evolution !
    And if its does then what Pokemon will get Mega evolution.
    My money goes to Sceptile & Swampert !

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • With Mega Latios & Mega Latias being unannounced, I'd say they will play some role in the games.. I'm not entirely sure how they will implement them though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • This was the list of trade marks of mega evolutions back in the days of X/Y speculation.
    http://summary.fc2.com/summary.php?summary_cd=171900

We got most of them, but the ones we are notably missing out of the High Priority list are:
    tumblr_mwl77pQh4E1r8sc3ro1_400.png

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I hope there are new mega evolutions in the games. I'm more concerned about the fact it's been implied many times that they only occur in Kalos though, which leads me to believe that the games are set in Hoenn after RSE, because I don't see how Game Freak can just leave out a massive new feature of Gen VI out... But we will see.

If anything, I do wanna see the other Hoenn starters get a mega.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • It's certainly a possibility. It would be the perfect time for Swampert and Sceptile to receive Megalutions. I wonder how it would work between XY/ASΩR? Would there be a patch for XY or would the possible new megas be lurking deep within undiscovered code of XY?

Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing new Mega Evolutions as well.. but my question is: how would those play out in X&Y? Would they be compatible with X&Y or would Game Freak have to release a new patch to make them compatible if new mega evolutions are created?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing new Mega Evolutions as well.. but my question is: how would those play out in X&Y? Would they be compatible with X&Y or would Game Freak have to release a new patch to make them compatible if new mega evolutions are created?

If anything, they could do what they did with the Therians in Black and White; just show the Incarnate sprites instead of the new models and make the new stones untradable. But who knows..maybe a patch is possible for it.

Years
  • If you guys just look at the pictures of the game, I feel pretty confident that both Kyogre and Groudon are getting Mega evolutions. They look quite a bit different if you couldn't tell already. Also I think all the game will need is an update or something across those lines for the games to be compatible with each other.

Other Pokes I feel will like are as close to a guarantee to get a Mega Evolution
    Latios and Latias.
    Rayquaza
    Sceptile and Swampert.

Personally other 'Mons I would like to see get mega evolutions:
    Shiftry, Tropius, Farfetched, Legendary Birds, Sableye, Seviper, Crawdnaught, Breeloom

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet that the new designs we're seeing on the covers are Megas for Groudon and Kyogre. Along with that list up above of trademarked names, I wonder if we'll see some other ones. I can't see them adding too many new Megas. Maybe 10-15 or so. I wouldn't mind seeing Gen3's pseudo's get Mega's.

Years
  • Mega Groudon and Kyogre!?

A few people have pointed out that the boxart for Groudon and Kyogre look slightly different than the normal forms. Do you think these could be a new, Mega form for them?

Years
  • Speculations on Hoenn Megas

Before I start, I want to say that I wish I could put the images in here for convenience. But, as i'm a relatively new member, I haven't made 15 posts xD. So use google to compare the cover art to the original designs.

I've been wanting more megas for a while now. I've had some pretty crazy theories. For instance, I thought the Intriguing Stone from Gen 6 could be a mega stone for future events, like mega Latios and Latias. This theory, I stand by.

Reminds me of a mega stone. In addition, the mega evolution lady was interested in it, though she later said it was useless. Was she hiding something? Also, the five meteors at the fossil place. Deoxys? 4 for the forms, but 5? Seems pretty stupid now.... xD

So when first heard about the remakes, I was really excited. Everyone I know was. But what about the gameplay? And Megas?

Well, we haven't heard much about the gameplay yet (in fact, nothing at all?), but I think it's safe to say that Nintendo is staying 3D. This IS a remake, and graphics have been updated in the past. Look at Soul Silver and Heart Gold -- they didn't revert for nostalgia..

Megas? A lot of people I've been talking to point to Sceptile and Swampert, and I have to say it makes sense. But take a look at Groudon and Kyogre for a second. Now I know, Kyogre and Groudon are powerful enough as it is, but look at the cover art.

"So what? They made it look more dramatic."
    No. Groudon has new magma along it's tail, and sports different markings than usual. The tail looks completely redesigned as well. Look at it's original design now:

Those markings are completely different, including the grooves that now look like a tiger's, the omega signs, and the intricate tail patterns carved with magma.

Kyogre? Instead of the red markings, they are now green. It has alpha symbols on the fins, and now has a pattern on the head. It is pretty different from the original, though in my opinion, it looks more obvious in Groudon.

I've got to say, Nintendo did a VERY good job on these new designs, even if they aren't mega evolutions (though I think and hope they are).

I'd appreciate it anyone would discuss this with me below!

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    If they do add mega evolutions, I'd say that the following Pokemon are the most likely to get one:
    -Swampert and Sceptile
    Blaziken got one, if these two don't get one, everyone will be picking Blaziken.
    -Masquerain, Torkoal, and Tropius
    None of them are used very often, and a mega evolution would make them a lot better
    -Plusle, Minun, Lunatone, and Solrock
    Would be a nice version exclusive thing they could do with these guys.
    -Kecleon, Milotic, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, and Claydol
    Idk why but these guys look like they could use one.
    Maybe Metagross, Skarmory, and Spinda as well

and Jynx really needs one as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think Sceptile and Swampert, purely because Blaziken already has one. As someone else pointed out above, Latias and Latios were gen 3. Of course, we haven't had a Mega Latias/Latios event yet, so I think it is safe to assume they will be available in the Gen 3 Remakes. Also, Kyogre and Groudon. I made a thread about them today (which I don't know if it will be approved), pointing out the major differences in their designs.

Also, I just really want Salamence and Flygon. Version exclusive dragon megas? That would be cool.

Gosh, I just wish Nintendo would give more information in the trailer.....

Sadists. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It's certainly a possibility. It would be the perfect time for Swampert and Sceptile to receive Megalutions.

I agree with this, it's about time Swampert and Sceptile were made equal to their fiery chicken cohort Blaziken who always got one step ahead of them. But hey, if that rumored list is anything to go by I'd be quite happy if Plusle and Minun got Megas since they really need a boost, being weak Pikaclones and all.

Years
  • Seeing the rest of Hoenn starters in their Mega forms would be great. One more pokemon that should get the Mega form - Metagross. It got horribly nerfed in gen 6, so they just need to boost it again.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think these are pretty likely to get megas:

Sceptile
    Swampert
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Latias
    Latios

The Lati mega forms will probably become accessible through these games.

Megas I'm hoping for:

Tropius
    Camerupt
    Grumpig
    Sharpedo
    Claydol
    Chimecho
    Swalot
    Sableye

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back