• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There is no way to tell the difference between normal and special trees. You just have to keep trying until you find a Pokemon that's special tree exclusive (like Heracross). I think it's the same trees every time and not randomly generated, but I don't know for sure, and I can't find anything online about it.

Also what route?

And what game? I'm assuming Crystal because you said you've found both Ledyba and Spinarak, and that's the only one that has both.

I am playing Crystal, and am on Route 34, which has only one Headbutt-able tree.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I am playing Crystal, and am on Route 34, which has only one Headbutt-able tree.

This really has me stumped, I don't know about Route 34, sorry.

I am assuming you want a Heracross since that's what you mentioned.
    I would recommend going back to Route 33 and headbutt the trees right above Slowpoke Well.

That's where I always find Heracross when I need one.
    Try this tree specifically. I just tried it myself and found it, but try the others as well just in case.
    fx9cmg.jpg

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Guys what would be good stats for a level 5 pidgy?

Years
  • Guys what would be good stats for a level 5 pidgy?

Well this generation doesn't have EVs, but here are the stats Pidgey can have at Level 5:
    HP: 19 - 20
    Attack: 9 - 11
    Defense: 9 - 10
    Speed: 10 - 12
    Special Attack: 8 - 10
    Special Defense: 8 - 10

Make do with these what you will.

Zehn

Years
  • Ok thanks I don't really know what EVs and IVs realy do so I tend to look at the stats. Just to clarify those are for generation 2?

Years
  • Well they are, but for Generation I since the two special stats are the same I don't think it makes much a difference. (You didn't specify what generation you were playing and I kinda assumed it was I.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2015
    Pokemon Green??

Hey there guys and gals!

So...I'm a new member! My name is Tom for those that wish to know. ;) :) Here is my question to you....

I've had "Pokemon Green" for over 10 years now...I know people say it hasn't been made in English but here is what I find strange. By the way photo's and video's will follow. In my game, the English is perfect, there's nothing wrong with it. Much like Red and Blue, it has a green tint / hue to everything. The cartridge is green. When you start it up you get the shooting star Game Freak logo, standard pokemon fighting thingy and then it starts, you know, with the character throwing up a ball and blah blah blah... Like I said, I'll post pictures and videos...

I'm 99% sure (it's been a while as I've said) that I bought this at a Toys R Us too...

It sounds strange but I don't know...I've played bootleg games and it doesn't seem fake...

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It's probably a bootleg someone translated. But a surefire way to tell if it is Pokemon Green or just Pokemon Blue with some simple edits is to look at the Pokemon sprites. The sprites in Pokemon Green look much more deformed than they do in Pokemon Red and Blue, and there's other differences too like the grass looking different, Missingo. having a Pokedex entry, and the Dokokashira Door Glitch.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Pokemon Green was only released in Japan, as a Japanese game. Of course, there are "pirated games", also of Pokemon Green (have seen those myself sometimes too in some game stores), but unfortunately those are always unofficial.

Would like to see what you've got then though :P

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    It's a bootleg, if it's English.

I have a legit Green, from Japan.
    It's all in Japanese, and has a green/dark-blue tint on the colour in game. Also, the cartridge is grey, all the Japanese games are in grey cartridges.

Zehn

Years
  • The Japanese green version did not have a green cartridge, so you have a fake

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Even though Green wasn't released in the US how come it's not mentioned in the info for this board? It's still part of the Metal Generation whether it's released in English or not.

Zehn

Years
  • Because most of us only speak English! And not many people talk about it, we know about it but we just don't realy talk about it. That Is not to say we will not ignore a thread about it. Anyway usally now we don't usally discriminate between versions of games, usally we just talk about gen 1 or gen 2. Sometimes there are the specifics of crystal or yellow, but that is just because they are the 3rd game in that series

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I was wondering, is Pokemon Yellow a Gameboy game or a Gameboy Color game? Most box arts I see for Yellow say,'Game Boy' on the side but then I see a few that say,'Game Boy Color' on the side. So I don't know if it's a Gameboy game or a Game Boy Color game.

Zehn

Years
  • I was wondering, is Pokemon Yellow a Gameboy game or a Gameboy Color game? Most box arts I see for Yellow say,'Game Boy' on the side but then I see a few that say,'Game Boy Color' on the side. So I don't know if it's a Gameboy game or a Game Boy Color game.

Gameboy but I think the pallets can be loaded by the gbc rather than just the super gameboy

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I had to think about this too. While Yellow is a Gen I game, it can't be labeled as only GB because of that. I mean, in PMD, Red Rescue Team was GBA and it's rival game Blue Rescue Team was DS for some reason.
    It also has colors, slight color changes depending on town and on battle sprites, but color nonetheless.

I'd say it's GBC, even though it's odd how they would have done that, I mean, this is still Gen I, back before they thought (let's make an entire gen on only one system!) so....

Yeah. Pretty sure it could be either really. Just leaning more toward GBC for this.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It is a GameBoy game. It does have extra color palettes for when you play it on a Super GameBoy or a GameBoy Color, but it's still a GameBoy game in the large scheme of things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back