• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Migration feedback

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
The Trash Basket subforum that contains some deleted romhacking threads is visible to non-moderators, and it shouldn't be. Three racist hacks that got removed and the rules for a defunct "Launchpad" forum are somehow stickied in it, and anything posted in the Launchpad between 2009 to 2016 is also visible in the forum's main section. The Launchpad forum itself is also visible, but only accessible via search or a direct link.

EDIT: Fixed, thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It finally happened! I have not checked everything out yet, but it looks good at a first glance - even though my ingrained muscle memory for the old site will surely make things feel messy for a good while haha. Just want to say that I'm happy it became reality and say thanks for the hard work that must have gone in to this for so very long. I wish you good luck when sorting any remaining stuff out, and a happy new year c:

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
You used to able to make a poll before the migration, it looks like there's no way to add polls anymore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Before the migration, I always preferred to keep the "posts per page" preference maxed out at 100. Since the migration, it's at 20 with no way to change it.

Is there any chance of this option returning?

Years
Before the migration, I always preferred to keep the "posts per page" preference maxed out at 100. Since the migration, it's at 20 with no way to change it.

We can do this on the backend for the entire site but there's no option in the current software to set it for individual users sadly. I can look into increasing it overall, but for page load times it's still best to stick with 20-30. I'll look into whether it's a viable option for us to get an addon so users can set their own preference!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
A smaller limit is intentional (and we may reduce it further actually, as even now 150 is a lot). 150+ images per post is very high and will impact performance; we should not have had no/next to no limits on the previous site. Customization was prioritized far too strongly over performance, but we need to keep a balance to make the site load well enough. I'm really sorry, I'd recommend making multiple posts instead of putting a ton of images in one post if possible. :sadwick:
Is there a way to change this specifically for certain threads? I've hit the 100-image limit on the Hall of Fame thread, and all of the images there are tiny Pokemon sprites that shouldn't take up much space, and I can't exactly dual post there since it'd be spread out across multiple pages and that defeats the point of a Hall of Fame post. (I haven't used 150 Pokemon in forum challenges yet but I expect to have done so by the end of the year.)

Last edited:
Reactions: FL

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Would it be possible to add something at the bottom of members online to show the staff that are online in some way? Most other Xenforo forums I visit show the staff online on the home page in some way. Might be helpful for people who would like to contact the staff about issues in some shape or form.

Years
Is there a way to change this specifically for certain threads? I've hit the 100-image limit on the Hall of Fame thread, and all of the images there are tiny Pokemon sprites that shouldn't take up much space, and I can't exactly dual post there since it'd be spread out across multiple pages and that defeats the point of a Hall of Fame post. (I haven't used 150 Pokemon in forum challenges yet but I expect to have done so by the end of the year.)
We've already been in contact but I'm going to look into uploading sprites of all Pokémon as smilies so we can use them for things like this, since smilies don't count towards the limit!
Would it be possible to add something at the bottom of members online to show the staff that are online in some way? Most other Xenforo forums I visit show the staff online on the home page in some way. Might be helpful for people who would like to contact the staff about issues in some shape or form.
This was turned off because we weren't sure it was needed, but I'm going to discuss with team to see how we feel about enabling it (y)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday

+1. Makes me searching things a lot easier.

This 100-image limit also affected my thread. I used small images in spoiler.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
I haven't actually needed to post anything there until now, but I just realized that the Writer's Lounge subforum is missing its thread prefix options, and from the thread creation dates for that forum, it looks like the migration may be to blame.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I haven't actually needed to post anything there until now, but I just realized that the Writer's Lounge subforum is missing its thread prefix options, and from the thread creation dates for that forum, it looks like the migration may be to blame.
whoops! thanks for catching that, it'll be fixed shortly!

Back