• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Thanks For The Advice! It Worked

Great to hear, but try not to double post, just edit your pevious comment.
    Not for me, but mod's don't like it when somebody double posts, so just giving a head's up!

Enjoy your game though! One of the best hacks ever made in my opinion. :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The town/school-academy thingy I guess (Sorry I forgot the name, it's the starting town). In my opinion it's the most forgettable area in the game due to you get your starter and you just leave. There is nothing there that could offer anything of use to come back too. Maybe add a research mission where you go back to the school and do some seminar lecture thing? Or maybe when you become a professional trainer or something you can get paid by going back there and people who are graduating will have to fight you in order to leave? I don't know, to be honest, but I really think there could be something there you can go back to the starting town for.

I was thinking the same. That starting place is completely forgettable. I honestly can't remember the name lol.

I have to disagree with the professional trainer bit though. But I think it could be cool if you give a few trainers their first Pokemon! Maybe add them in later, so you run into them if you go to certain areas after, and they challenge you as a means of testing themselves. I think that would be a great way to add more content without increasing the workload too much, also gives great emotional incentive for returning to various locations. (not to mention I've never heard of a game that allows you to give someone a free level 5 Pokemon lol)

Just make sure that the Pokemon you give are either eggs or level 5, to make it realistic. Also, make sure that there are only certain Pokemon available for such. Wouldn't make much sense to give a bunch of new trainers Legendary Pokemon lol. "Hey, I just started my journey! Let's Battle!" *sends out Moltres* LOLWUT

Thank you so much for the pointers guys, you've been a massive help! I wanted to do SOMETHING there for after the Tournament, since the idea is that you win the Tournament exactly a 'year' (in-game) after you graduate, but I didn't really know what to do so never gave it anymore thought till now. Your comments have some awesome ideas so hope you don't mind if I use a little bit from each! It's like a light just went on haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    When I first started this up and met the "Examiner" I was honestly shocked. This is so completely different and amazing. I also love how you get a new Pokemon in the beginning. I love the player sprites and I love it. Instead of being like the regular Pokemon games that are directed towards children, I feel like this is for teenagers and preteens. I just love every part of it and I hope more is going to come!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So happy to see that MoT is back in progress! You have all my support, Avara, and I hope it's everything you want it to be. (: As soon as V3 comes out, you can guarantee I'll be starting all over again!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    ~New Female Hero Backsprite~
    2m7eped.png

EDIT: The Physical/Special split has now been fully implemented too, with all moves manually toggled to say which kind they are and after some testing I can say it works fine! The only thing missing is the icons, but it's the mechanics that matters, right? =) Thanks DoesntKnowHowToPlay~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2018
    I'm so glad its up and running again ^_^
    I know this'll be a great hack..Don't give up Avara

Years
  • Seeing those updates always makes me think the next version is just around the corner.
    Can't wait to play it even though i'm at such a short amount of time whit school starting etc.
    Hope it's going to amaze! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2015
    I play the game for a while.
    Good game :)

But where can i finf the SFS base ?

Thanx fore you're help

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I play the game for a while.
    Good game :)

But where can i finf the SFS base ?

Thanx fore you're help
    This has been answered in the thread, a few times actually.

Please check previous posts before asking a question, thanks!
    You need to go into the pub next to the mansion and talk to the bartender. Give the item you receive to the guard in front of the mansion south of the gym.

Hope that helps a bit.
    11.%20wink.gif

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2015
    is there a tip for finding the aqueduct and how to come to Lethean city ?

I can't find it sorry

Thanx for the help :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    It's amazing how detailed this game is, what with all its different choices and paths. I also appreciated the degree of freedom you are allowed incredibly. I was disappointed only when I found the "You have reached the end of Version 2 of POKéMON Mirage Of Tales." message.

I'd like to make some form of contribution, so here are a few (mostly graphical) semi-bugs I remembered. Sorry if I mention one that has already been documented.
    Spoiler:

I had a lot of fun playing this and hope to continue having it with the next release.

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • [YOUTUBE[/YOUTUBE]
    It's amazing how detailed this game is, what with all its different choices and paths. I also appreciated the degree of freedom you are allowed incredibly. I was disappointed only when I found the "You have reached the end of Version 2 of POKéMON Mirage Of Tales." message.

I'd like to make some form of contribution, so here are a few (mostly graphical) semi-bugs I remembered. Sorry if I mention one that has already been documented.
    Spoiler:

I had a lot of fun playing this and hope to continue having it with the next release.

The pokedex is currently messed up. It is something that Avara messed up at the beginning and is most likely to be something that will be more like a finishing touch.

As far as the tile errors I don't know what the plans are. I don't even notice most of them. If I do they don't bother me much.

So just about all of those I believe will be finishing touches/perfecting things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2018
    Where is the best place to train my pokemon? Because it wil take a while voor Version 3 i can in the meantime train some of my pokemon to lvl 50.

But i don't know where :(

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Where is the best place to train my pokemon? Because it wil take a while voor Version 3 i can in the meantime train some of my pokemon to lvl 50.

But i don't know where :(

I would recommend the tri-poke challenge. You can challenge it severak time, plus it gives you rare candies. Other than that I can't thinknof anything.

Back