• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
Years
  • You can always teach it Dragon Ascent and not click the Mega Evolution button.

Right, that's the trick. XP

If you're going to ask me though, I will surely click the button for additional damage and speed. But if I plan to use just a regular Rayquaza (for exhibition or another purpose), I'd rather use another move.

Also they were asking for a replacement for the movesets in Smogon with V-create. Obviously, it's not those movesets with Dragon Ascent.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Right, that's the trick. XP

If you're going to ask me though, I will surely click the button for additional damage and speed. But if I plan to use just a regular Rayquaza (for exhibition or another purpose), I'd rather use another move.

Also they were asking for a replacement for the movesets in Smogon with V-create. Obviously, it's not those movesets with Dragon Ascent.

OR/AS Rayquaza sets have been figured out already. As I already mentioned, V-create isn't necessary anymore.

Just remember, Mega Rayquaza is banned to "anything goes". Regular Rayquaza can still have Dragon Ascent, but it can't Mega Evolve in Ubers play. Thanks to its high base power, as well as the fact that Dragon Ascent is Rayquaza's first good Flying STAB, Dragon Ascent has become one of Rayquaza's staple moves. Just don't be Mega Evolution-happy when you have Rayquaza out.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • OR/AS Rayquaza sets have been figured out already. As I already mentioned, V-create isn't necessary anymore.

Just remember, Mega Rayquaza is banned to "anything goes". Regular Rayquaza can still have Dragon Ascent, but it can't Mega Evolve in Ubers play. Thanks to its high base power, as well as the fact that Dragon Ascent is Rayquaza's first good Flying STAB, Dragon Ascent has become one of Rayquaza's staple moves. Just don't be Mega Evolution-happy when you have Rayquaza out.

If they do have access to that move, then it's recommended. Otherwise, there are plenty of moves depending on preferences.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Forgot to ask before, what IV set for the Glalie? I know 6 IV is preferable for mixed Pokémon, but that's too rare for me to breed over and over. Is minus Sp.Def good?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Forgot to ask before, what IV set for the Glalie? I know 6 IV is preferable for mixed Pokémon, but that's too rare for me to breed over and over. Is minus Sp.Def good?

Honestly, I'd just go 20-31 in the stats you plan to take advantage of. Mega Glaile's bulk isn't the best, so I wouldn't worry about that. A 31 Speed IV would be great as well.

luo xiang

Ami Tuo Fo enlightenment
    Years
  • To my knowledge, Eve's are at zero until u train them (pokemon). They are different from iv's which are passed down at random by breeding. And as far as I know, there should be a dude in the pokecenter that tells ya. That would be the only way....or calculator :|

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Honestly, I'd just go 20-31 in the stats you plan to take advantage of. Mega Glaile's bulk isn't the best, so I wouldn't worry about that. A 31 Speed IV would be great as well.
    So I guess 31/31/31/31/-/31 is good? I'm doing a Naughty nature so I can run Freeze-Dry, and yeah, it'll mostly be on offense.

Years
  • Adamant Terrakion Sets?

So I was nature-hunting Terrakion earlier today, and I caught one with an Adamant Nature. Since I use Smogon sets, they all say to get a Terrakion with a Jolly (or any other speed-boosting) nature. I was bummed out and wanted to soft reset again, but I decided to take it to the judge:

And it has 4 perfect IVs (the most notable ones being attack and speed.)

So are there any sets you guys can recommend for an Adamant Terrakion? Also, how should I build a team around it?

~Thanks a lot.

srinator

Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake

Or you could use swords dance or even double dance, possibly life orb over lefties if only rp

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    EV Training in ORAS - Confused!

So, i've been trying out EV training for the first time in any pokemon game for me, and I thought i'd start out by raising the attack EVs of my Blaziken to make it into a physical sweeper, so I caught myself an oddish with sweet scent, taught Blaziken incinerate, and headed out to Mt Pyre to take on hoards of Shuppet with my Blaziken (holding a power bracer of course) and after 30 hoards, which should have been enough to max out my EVs, I noticed only a 3 point change in my attack stat. Now, as i'm new, I may be completely misunderstanding something here, but i'm extremely confused.

I'm level 73 at the moment with an attack stat of 205, but i'm pretty sure that's no where near maxed out for my level, so can somebody tell me where i've gone wrong?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I really don't remember if I've ever asked before, but now I need a Mega Swampert set.
    It seems like Swift Swim would help it a lot if it were on a Rain team or had Rain Dance. It has absolutely huge Attack, probably something to be taken advantage of.

And heck, while we're at it, a Mega Sceptile set can't hurt either.

Thanks and Happy New Year in advance!

Edit: Ehm, just realised I double-posted. Sorry.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really don't remember if I've ever asked before, but now I need a Mega Swampert set.
    It seems like Swift Swim would help it a lot if it were on a Rain team or had Rain Dance. It has absolutely huge Attack, probably something to be taken advantage of.

And heck, while we're at it, a Mega Sceptile set can't hurt either.

Thanks and Happy New Year in advance!

Edit: Ehm, just realised I double-posted. Sorry.

Mega Swampert covers a Rain team's Electric weakness pretty nicely:
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Low Kick/Superpower/Rain Dance
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/152 Spe (this outspeeds Mega Sceptile, but if you're paranoid about Scarf Therian Landorus outspeeding you, you can go max Speed)
    Item: Swampertite

Mega Sceptile sets:
    -Substitute
    -Giga Drain
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Sceptilite
    Ability: Overgrow

or
    -Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Earthquake/Protect
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Focus Blast
    Nature: Naive/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Sceptilite
    Ability: Overgrow

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    EVs are not applied all at once like they used to be. It's now a more gradual thing. Your Blaziken will still have a higher Attack stat than Blazikens of similar natures, levels, and IVs that did not receive the same training. It's most noticeable at level 100.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    EVs are not applied all at once like they used to be. It's now a more gradual thing. Your Blaziken will still have a higher Attack stat than Blazikens of similar natures, levels, and IVs that did not receive the same training. It's most noticeable at level 100.

So would it be best to level up to 100 and EV train then, or to EV train and then level up to 100?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So would it be best to level up to 100 and EV train then, or to EV train and then level up to 100?
    It's best imo to EV train first then level up because you'll accumulate EVs as you level up, so if you get to level 100 first you'll have to reset the Pokemon's EVs before you can properly train it.

If you plan to battle mostly on Battle Spot, getting to level 50 is fine too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    It's best imo to EV train first then level up because you'll accumulate EVs as you level up, so if you get to level 100 first you'll have to reset the Pokemon's EVs before you can properly train it.

If you plan to battle mostly on Battle Spot, getting to level 50 is fine too.

Thank you for your advice!

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Thanks for the help PlatinumDude and OrginRoute.

I'm just wondering now whether this is a good IV spread for a Jolly Rayquaza- 31/28/28/X/31/31. I sort of regret not SRing for a max attack, but I got impatient and just decided to save.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm just wondering now whether this is a good IV spread for a Jolly Rayquaza- 31/28/28/X/31/31. I sort of regret not SRing for a max attack, but I got impatient and just decided to save.
    That spread is fine. You're only a few points off in Attack and the rest are good too (especially the 31 Speed IV). The 3 missing points in Attack aren't going to make any real difference in battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Thank you for your advice!

Btw, when using a Power item each Pokemon is worth 5 EVS. Thus a hoard would equal 25 EV's per stat. You would only need to fight 11 battles instead of 30. 10 with it on, and one with it off.

If you have Pokerus you only need to fight 6 battles. 5 on 1 off.

Also considering your pokemon is close to 100 it should have recieved a higher stat bonus than 3. Its possible you had already gained EV's from training your Blaziken.
    Perhaps try resetting its EV's?

Theres plenty of berries to reset them, or you can find a reset bag while Super Training.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back