• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • For some reason I can't seem to apply this patch? I apply it, change the rom ID using HxDen, and open it in gen 3 hacking suite-- but all of the moves and abilities are set to \x. I don't *believe* I'm doing anything wrong.

This always happens to me too! I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong!

Years
  • This always happens to me too! I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong!

For some reason I can't seem to apply this patch? I apply it, change the rom ID using HxDen, and open it in gen 3 hacking suite-- but all of the moves and abilities are set to \x. I don't *believe* I'm doing anything wrong.

Hey, I know how to apply the patch. It's actually pretty simple. So, first you have to download the patch and there should be a folder called "G3HS ini". In this folder there's a text file. Open it and search for "[MrDS]". It's on the bottom of this file. Change it to "[0000]".
    Now, go to your Gen 3 Hacking Suite(the program's, NOT PATCH!) folder and replace the ORIGINAL "pokeroms.ini" file with the one you DOWNLOADED AND MODIFIED. If you did everything correctly, it should work.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hi, im just starting to learn how to make my own hack rom and i found that this rom base will be a good choice to start out cause it already have Fairy type and some other awesome additions, but when i try to open it using the G3HS it dont recognize the game, at the start i thought it was cause the file was an IPS file and not a GBA but when i changed it still doesnt works, i hope someone can help me with this, like i said im new to this type of things so i still have a lot to learn.

Also thanks to MrDollStreak for making this rombase

By "changed it into a GBA file" do you mean you took the IPS file you downloaded and literally rewrote .ips to .gba? Because if so, that's not how you get it to work. Basically, you have to download Lunar IPS, as well as a clean, FireRed 1.0 ROM. Don't ask for where to find it, since that's illegal- Google's your friend. When you have your FireRed ROM, go to Lunar IPS, click Apply IPS Patch, and then click the Rombase patch and then the FireRed ROM. To get it to work in G3HS, you must replace the pokeroms.ini in the G3HS folder with the one provided in the download. Open a hex editor (shoot for HxD, which I use), and find on the right side where it says FIREBPRE. Type over the BPRE to MrDS, open the ROM in G3HS, and then change the MrDS back to BPRE. It should work properly.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi, im just starting to learn how to make my own hack rom and i found that this rom base will be a good choice to start out cause it already have Fairy type and some other awesome additions, but when i try to open it using the G3HS it dont recognize the game, at the start i thought it was cause the file was an IPS file and not a GBA but when i changed it still doesnt works, i hope someone can help me with this, like i said im new to this type of things so i still have a lot to learn.

Also thanks to MrDollStreak for making this rombase
    Read this:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    Hey, I know how to apply the patch. It's actually pretty simple. So, first you have to download the patch and there should be a folder called "G3HS ini". In this folder there's a text file. Open it and search for "[MrDS]". It's on the bottom of this file. Change it to "[0000]".
    Now, go to your Gen 3 Hacking Suite(the program's, NOT PATCH!) folder and replace the ORIGINAL "pokeroms.ini" file with the one you DOWNLOADED AND MODIFIED. If you did everything correctly, it should work.

This worked perfectly. Thank you

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • I dont know why but I patched 1.5a in a clean rom but the Day care is still bugged

Question I Change The Game Code into MrDS What To Do Now?

EDIT:
    I Opened the rom in G3HS All the moves is \x how to make the move appear?

This question was asked many times, and was answered many times...
    Did you change MRDS to BPRE in Hex Editor? It is located in 0x0000AC,
    about the \x thingy, your ini is outdated, the pointers in some tables point old pointers, since moves had been expanded, its previous pointer had been moved into new location, PGE's ini is updated, compare if G3HS ini has the same pointers in PGE

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    This question was asked many times, and was answered many times...
    Did you change MRDS to BPRE in Hex Editor? It is located in 0x0000AC,
    about the \x thingy, your ini is outdated, the pointers in some tables point old pointers, since moves had been expanded, its previous pointer had been moved into new location, PGE's ini is updated, compare if G3HS ini has the same pointers in PGE

I used the ini that came with the 1.5a rombase in the G3HS ini folder. And don't you mean change BPRE to MrDS?

This doesn't seem to be working for me? And why am I changing the header from MrDS to 0000, exactly?

Last edited:

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    Lance i Done It By My Own Way Lolz All I did is Use Rhea And Change Game Code BPRE To MrDS Then I Copy Paste The ini From Mr Dollstreak G3HS Folder Into G3HS Real Folder To Change Pokeroms Ini And It Work No need To Hex edit Also when I open G3HS With MrDS RomBase there is A Questionaire And Answered No So No Problems And Errors

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Lance i Done It By My Own Way Lolz All I did is Use Rhea And Change Game Code BPRE To MrDS Then I Copy Paste The ini From Mr Dollstreak G3HS Folder Into G3HS Real Folder To Change Pokeroms Ini And It Work No need To Hex edit Also when I open G3HS With MrDS RomBase there is A Questionaire And Answered No So No Problems And Errors

Wait, you didn't apply the ips patch?

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    I Patched it in FR Rom And It Goes Well My Prob. now is The Types…Its Been Errored It Was Kinda Less 3 Letters and didn't compare in The Assigned Type Like Steel It Show Eel And It Describes Bug Type How To Fix it

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    No he applied the rom base.

So I apply the 1.5a patch to the Fire Red rom, change the header to MrDS using hxden, open it in Gen III Suite (after updating the pokeroms.ini to the new one provided in the MrDS' rombase) and I'm still getting the \x issue.

So what am I doing wrong?

Edit: So, the first time I open it in Gen III Suite, despite everything having \x next to it, it opens without question. The SECOND time I open it using Gen III Suite (without saving anything the first time) it throws an error at me: (again, I would post a screenshot but I'm not allowed to)

"The game code of this rom is MRDS however its rom id, 0006, tells me that the I should load a section of ini with gamecode BRPE. Logically, if these don't match, I will be trying to load from the wrong offsets. Would you like to continue loading? Click 'yes' if you know that the gamecode should be different since you changed it yourself. Click 'no' to reset the rom id and create a new ini section for this rom."

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I apply the 1.5a patch to the Fire Red rom, change the header to MrDS using hxden, open it in Gen III Suite (after updating the pokeroms.ini to the new one provided in the MrDS' rombase) and I'm still getting the \x issue.

So what am I doing wrong?

Edit: So, the first time I open it in Gen III Suite, despite everything having \x next to it, it opens without question. The SECOND time I open it using Gen III Suite (without saving anything the first time) it throws an error at me: (again, I would post a screenshot but I'm not allowed to)

"The game code of this rom is MRDS however its rom id, 0006, tells me that the I should load a section of ini with gamecode BRPE. Logically, if these don't match, I will be trying to load from the wrong offsets. Would you like to continue loading? Click 'yes' if you know that the gamecode should be different since you changed it yourself. Click 'no' to reset the rom id and create a new ini section for this rom."

Sorry for a late answer. Um I saw that DizzyEgg's fix didn't work for you but I've tried it twice and its worked for me. Here is the ini that I'm using. Use this to replace your G3HS ini then patch your rom with 1.5, but DON'T do any editing to the rom. That means don't change BPRE to MrDS instead just open it up with G3HS.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The Day-Care System is still bugged (the one that involves breeding). However, awesome work!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Sorry for a late answer. Um I saw that DizzyEgg's fix didn't work for you but I've tried it twice and its worked for me. Here[ is the ini that I'm using. Use this to replace your G3HS ini then patch your rom with 1.5, but DON'T do any editing to the rom. That means don't change BPRE to MrDS instead just open it up with G3HS.

I did that and it opens fine in G3HS now, but as far as I can tell it's not showing any changes?

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    That GH3S fix worked, thank you so much!!

Another bug report: Leftovers behave strangely, like sometimes they recover more health than they should, or it shows it recovering more health than it actually does. This is hard to explain, but like...If my health is super low and leftovers heals me slightly into the yellow, the red zone beeper still plays and if I switch out the health reverts back to how much it "really" recovered, which is still in the red zone. Or if it restores a tiny bit of health, the health number won't go up. Just play around with leftovers and you will see what I'm talking about.

Years
  • Hm...Apparently the PGE(pokemon game editor)'s ini isn't working. I tried doing some changes, but I still get an error. Could someone maybe send me his PGE's ini? I would be grateful.

Back