• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    So, with DizzyEgg's help I've gotten as far as confirming that the rom IS patched, and the names are no longer in all-caps. Unfortunately, when I open it in G3HS now and attempt to view a Pokemon, I get a variation of this error with a different move number presumably corresponding to the set moveset: http://i.imgur.com/b5XqYxY.png

And here is that same view of the basic setup WITHOUT that popped-up window: http://i.imgur.com/IlLbjLX.png

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hello all. I'm back with something else extremely useful. I apologize in advance for this taking so long.

This patch, when applied on top of the rombase, should decapitalize all the NPC scripts that are left. Nothing else has been changed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibng09xit1wnxmk/FinalDecap.ips

EDIT: One small bug I saw looking at this: Thunder Stone is ThunderStonee because I had made it back to one word in mine. Same thing happens with a couple tickets. Fix is simple, just remember to switch it around after applying.
    EDIT2: If you wish to solve the ThunderStonee thing in a hex editor, do the following:

1. Look for the string CE DC E9 E2 D8 D9 E6 CD E8 E3 E2 D9 D9.
    2. Change that last D9 into an FF.

No need to give credit. If MrDollSteak finds this able to be used in newer versions, he's completely free to do so. I apologize for the changed data not being written down, it's definitely possible to take a look at this patch through something like IPS Peek to see exactly where the changes are. The list is a bit large, you can see what I mean upon glancing at it.

And now for questions that I haven't asked yet: are the Hidden Power mechanics and Light Ball updated in this yet? I want to know before adding in the compiled ASM for Light Ball.

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    This is minor but I figure I may as well report it. Metronome will never select any of the new moves.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This is minor but I figure I may as well report it. Metronome will never select any of the new moves.
    I've seen this too, though it's not really that big of a problem for me because I replace the Metronome Tutor soon as possible.

I really don't think there's a way to expand Metronome yet at all, though I may be mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I've seen this too, though it's not really that big of a problem for me because I replace the Metronome Tutor soon as possible.

I really don't think there's a way to expand Metronome yet at all, though I may be mistaken.

Credit to Kurapika

Metronome uses an ASM code located at 0x08029754, in that code I found a byte = B1, I replaced it with FF and now Metronome is including the new moves too. (FF = 255 in decimal. 255 multiplied by 2 = 511. The maximum of moves we can have is 511 and I am using them all.)
    If you are using only, say, 400 moves, then replace B1 with C8 instead of FF. (C8 is 200 in decimal. 200 multiplied by 2 = 400.)

Now, Metronome is including new moves, but there are some moves that Metronome does not select (such us itself, Sketch, Mimic, ...etc) those moves are gathered in a list located at 0x082507E8:
    Spoiler:

I tried repointing and extending this list but it won't work, I think the only way to fix it is to completely hack Metronome's ASM code... But I don't have enough skill for that. :/

The problem with this is that Metronome could select moves that are added but not yet finished (As in, the move exists with name etc. but Mr.Ds has yet to make an animation/effect for it). It would therefore be useful if a way to extend the list at 0x82507E8 was discovered in order to ban those moves.

Another method would be to re-organise every move and put banned moves at the end of the move index list and simply exclude those. That would be quite time consuming though.

Years
  • Credit to Kurapika
    Another method would be to re-organise every move and put banned moves at the end of the move index list and simply exclude those. That would be quite time consuming though.

Putting "banned" moves in the end of the list is a more simple method.
    It is probably possible to find a more "healthy" method if we understand Metronome's ASM code ...
    I will see if I can find anything when I'll have some spare time, I am extremely busy lately tough ...

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    My game does use all 511 slots so that fix is perfect for me, thanks!

Another bug report: The Unknown type seems to be treated like Flying when it takes damage. I was very surprised when an unknown-type monster in my game got hit supereffectively by thunderbolt and ice beam. This isn't in the type matchup table, and offensively the unknown type still hits everything neutrally.

jToTheAvacola

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I've been kinda MIA for the last 2 months...have you made any progress on getting Imposter up and running?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    Just to be 100% clear: I can use this ROM base and start making a hack now, and when the next update is released I can patch it over my hack and have no issues, correct?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Just to be 100% clear: I can use this ROM base and start making a hack now, and when the next update is released I can patch it over my hack and have no issues, correct?
    As long as you don't do something with the changes like repoint movesets completely and use the space there for another purpose, absolutely. You might have to change a move/ability every now and then back to normal whenever new ones are introduced, but that's it.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    i have a question i replaced the .ini in UTE but i see just symbols in pokemon attacks... how can i fix it??????

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    You don't, the INI file includes the blank spaces. Scroll up until they're not symbols anymore.
    Ok already i found the fix... I hace replaced the brpe parte with mrds parte and voilá! I havent repointed the name anda with g3sh was the same... Thx anyway

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think there's a bug wherein the text is scrambled and other symbols show up. I use a clean FireRed U Independent ROM.
    ht tp ://img ur. com/b ZB Tmw p
    (Remove the spaces)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I think there's a bug wherein the text is scrambled and other symbols show up. I use a clean FireRed U Independent ROM.
    ht tp ://img ur. com/b ZB Tmw p
    (Remove the spaces)

Image:
    Spoiler:

Are you sure it was clean? Try downloading another from a different site.

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Reporting two things:

1) While the scripts for the Old Man still work, you can't talk to him. No dialogue box will appear - it'll make the menu selection noise very time you hit A but no dialogue box.
    2) The palette for the Egg during the egg hatching screen is glitched.

1.5a, cleanly patched of course.

Additionally, I found a loop:

If a Pokemon Traces Magic Bounce and uses a move that triggers Magic Bounce, the result is a never ending loop that cannot be escaped from.

Last edited:
    Back