• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2015
    Have you made any changes to the rom?
    yes, you are right i did some minor changes. Now I am using a clean rom and it works. Thanks.

But I have a question. I patched the rom with the decap. patch. If i change the rom (for example add new pokemon), can i use the new patchs of mrdollsteak?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    HI... i need some help... i trying to use Trader Advanced 1.0.0.3 but looks with symbols in abilities and trade number 6 crashes... any another tool for this??

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    HI... i need some help... i trying to use Trader Advanced 1.0.0.3 but looks with symbols in abilities and trade number 6 crashes... any another tool for this??

If it has an ini, you'll probably have to change the offset for the abilities. Just guessing, trade 6 is probably broken because the Pokemon has a new ability.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    If it has an ini, you'll probably have to change the offset for the abilities. Just guessing, trade 6 is probably broken because the Pokemon has a new ability.

it hasn't ini... for this reason i need another tool that can work

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    sand force freezes the game when is emulated in android or ios emulator... any idea for fix?? ( the same for flash cannon.... and qhen moon stone is used in pokemon that says "dont use" the game resets-.... any fix too?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Hello everyone.

I should start by saying that I really appreciate what MrDollSteak has done so far for us. By providing this patch, he really has changed hacking Fire Red since a large amount of stuff regarding gameplay and mechanics has already been done.

But, I have a problem. I can play the ROM just fine, but when I try and edit it with PGE it gives me an error. I did not modify the ROM prior to patching it, and yes, I replaced the .ini.

Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I've been seeing a lot of comments about PGE. So I'll just post what I know about that.

A. Never use the Pokemon Editor tool. The problem is that it wigs out whenever you even mention the Fairy-Type around it because it has no support for such. Even if you shift every Pokemon with Fairy to another type it might screw things up, there was a problem one or two patch versions ago caused by PGE.

Use G3T instead. It supports more in it's Pokemon and Move editors anyway (only cry pointing and TM/HM/Tutor learnsets are missing), and the item editor is useful for TMs when it comes to convenience with the Move editor (as Item Manager crashes when you point it to TMs that have new moves). The thing about the G3T INI? It's for one version older and doesn't have the sound data marked. This is okay and it works just as good, you just won't be able to set if something is sound based or not (I know this from experience, I wrote it before the G3T update and I really have no idea where that data actually is. If anyone knows that I could write it up and upload it for you, but for now all you need to do is tell it to continue).

B. The modules that don't read off of types or moves? They work. If it doesn't make sure that
    1. You have the ROM name set to BPRE. Most other tools with specific support use the MrDS name, so keep that in mind.
    2. Compare it and the G3HS INI files as for a lot of it they use the same data. If something's different, copy the information from the G3HS file and transplant it.

As for G3HS... I really don't know as I haven't had any use for it since the last patch. So I can't really tell you if it's a problem with this patch only or if it's human error.

You can use this to edit the trade data, unfortunately I don't think there are any other tools for it though.
    This is the best way to do it. Trader Advanced can do this too, but there are two problems there:
    1. It's been known to accidentally screw up the data if you're not careful either way (it'll let you know if that happens), so make a backup first.
    2. It doesn't recognize an expanded ability table, so if you want to edit a trade with a new ability you'll have to edit the ability to an original temporarily. Don't worry too much; just set it to the ability number and reset the new ability back. It'll work automagically.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I've been seeing a lot of comments about PGE. So I'll just post what I know about that.

A. Never use the Pokemon Editor tool. The problem is that it wigs out whenever you even mention the Fairy-Type around it because it has no support for such. Even if you shift every Pokemon with Fairy to another type it might screw things up, there was a problem one or two patch versions ago caused by PGE.

Use G3T instead. It supports more in it's Pokemon and Move editors anyway (only cry pointing and TM/HM/Tutor learnsets are missing), and the item editor is useful for TMs when it comes to convenience with the Move editor (as Item Manager crashes when you point it to TMs that have new moves). The thing about the G3T INI? It's for one version older and doesn't have the sound data marked. This is okay and it works just as good, you just won't be able to set if something is sound based or not (I know this from experience, I wrote it before the G3T update and I really have no idea where that data actually is. If anyone knows that I could write it up and upload it for you, but for now all you need to do is tell it to continue).

B. The modules that don't read off of types or moves? They work. If it doesn't make sure that
    1. You have the ROM name set to BPRE. Most other tools with specific support use the MrDS name, so keep that in mind.
    2. Compare it and the G3HS INI files as for a lot of it they use the same data. If something's different, copy the information from the G3HS file and transplant it.

As for G3HS... I really don't know as I haven't had any use for it since the last patch. So I can't really tell you if it's a problem with this patch only or if it's human error.

This is the best way to do it. Trader Advanced can do this too, but there are two problems there:
    1. It's been known to accidentally screw up the data if you're not careful either way (it'll let you know if that happens), so make a backup first.
    2. It doesn't recognize an expanded ability table, so if you want to edit a trade with a new ability you'll have to edit the ability to an original temporarily. Don't worry too much; just set it to the ability number and reset the new ability back. It'll work automagically.

0x904800 is the offset for sound moves. You can find all the offsets in the table file that comes with the patch. :)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    0x904800 is the offset for sound moves. You can find all the offsets in the table file that comes with the patch. :)
    Thanks for this. It appears to recognize it fine now, but all moves are not sound on a cleanly patched ROM? Is nothing sound-based by default? This does indeed appear the right place however, I checked. o.O

Anyway, here's an INI file with SoundBasedMoves added according to the data:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jcwvvy5qi79bu34/MrDS.ini

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    To Projectwolfie:

Thanks for the reply. I got Generation 3 Hacking Suite to work by following someone's instructions on this thread, that said to apply some edits to G3HS' .ini (change [MrDS] to [0000] I think, or something like that), and it worked. But, I still need PGE for other tools, and I have no idea how to make it work. I did nothing else to Fire Red (I use the 1.0 version) other than patch it with this. I have no idea how to fix it, please help me :( I really want to get tihs to work, because then I can start playing (I need this ROM Base to create a Fire Red renew hack for personal use only).

I apologize for my really bad English, but I am not a native speaker unfortunately.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    To Projectwolfie:

Thanks for the reply. I got Generation 3 Hacking Suite to work by following someone's instructions on this thread, that said to apply some edits to G3HS' .ini (change [MrDS] to [0000] I think, or something like that), and it worked. But, I still need PGE for other tools, and I have no idea how to make it work. I did nothing else to Fire Red (I use the 1.0 version) other than patch it with this. I have no idea how to fix it, please help me :( I really want to get tihs to work, because then I can start playing (I need this ROM Base to create a Fire Red renew hack for personal use only).

I apologize for my really bad English, but I am not a native speaker unfortunately.
    Uh... if you're working that hard and have been going that long at it, I honestly doubt I'll be able to do much. I can't really tell you what to copy and paste on the INI files for example, because it's essentially your hack and the INI files can differ between them on G3HS depending on what you do. Sorry. :/

What tools do you really need to use? It's likely there are others around that will do the same, if not just a hex editing tutorial.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    [QUOTE=Projectwolfie;8704404]Uh... if you're working that hard and have been going that long at it, I honestly doubt I'll be able to do much. I can't really tell you what to copy and paste on the INI files for example, because it's essentially your hack and the INI files can differ between them on G3HS depending on what you do. Sorry. :/

What tools do you really need to use? It's likely there are others around that will do the same, if not just a hex editing tutorial.[/QUOTE]
    I need to use the Item Editor in PGE to make an evolutionary stone which evolves pokémon that need to be traded. But I think that I can achieve the same effect by making them evolve by level though, so it's cool I guess. Probably I only need G3HS and NSE for now. Thanks a lot for trying to help!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    [QUOTE=Projectwolfie;8704404]Uh... if you're working that hard and have been going that long at it, I honestly doubt I'll be able to do much. I can't really tell you what to copy and paste on the INI files for example, because it's essentially your hack and the INI files can differ between them on G3HS depending on what you do. Sorry. :/

What tools do you really need to use? It's likely there are others around that will do the same, if not just a hex editing tutorial.[/QUOTE]
    I need to use the Item Editor in PGE to make an evolutionary stone which evolves pokémon that need to be traded. But I think that I can achieve the same effect by making them evolve by level though, so it's cool I guess. Probably I only need G3HS and NSE for now. Thanks a lot for trying to help!
    Item Editor has two other options which might actually be better (I don't want to take chances with the Fairy-Type thing with the item editor due to TMs, as it shows up in the move editor too)

G3T's Item Editor is basically the same deal as PGE's. Works the same way, actually I find it a bit easier to use. It's the easiest to use for TMs as you can switch to the move editor pretty quickly to grab the offsets for descriptions.

Locksmitharmy made one here, it has a couple more features like being able to turn items directly into stones in one click. However it's compiled so that you can't use it on older computers. This shouldn't be a problem if you can work G3HS right.

Xerslash

To be, or not to be..
    Years
  • Hello Mrdollsteak.
    I have a problem with the PGE ini file.
    I replaced the original ini file with your ini file but when I load your rom it says that the rom is unsupported.

Ok. so here's what i did.
    First I patched the 1.5 version to a clean Firered Version.
    Then open it in G3HS. then closed it.
    Then opened it in PGE. then it says unsupported rom.

What should I do?

StynaMN

I make music.
    Years
  • Hey there, MrDollSteak:

I was just going through my ROM with your patch, and I noticed that there is some decapitalization you missed! If it's stated before in the thread, I'm sorry, I haven't read through every page!

But nonetheless, there is a woman in Pewter City that asks for your Profile, and there is some decapitalization that took place there, like 'Time' and words that contain 'On', but the rest is still all caps. I thought I'd let you know! Also, thank you for an amazing patch, it saved me from a lot of hex editing!

Years
  • Bug report of 1.5a patched to vanilla rom-
    -Overgrow ability sets weather to rain (I imagine this was for testing purposes)
    -Bulbasaur has messed up base stats
    -Geomancy sticks in infinite charging loop

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I cant get this rombase to work with G3HS.. I have a 1.0 version of Fire Red as well a [E] version of the rom..I patch them both with the ips file using Lunar, copy paste over the PokeRoms.ini.. and it comes up with this error http://snag.gy/DQasu.jpg

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I cant get this rombase to work with G3HS.. I have a 1.0 version of Fire Red as well a [E] version of the rom..I patch them both with the ips file using Lunar, copy paste over the PokeRoms.ini.. and it comes up with this error http://snag.gy/DQasu.jpg
    Open the ini file, search for [MrDs] and replace it with [0000], it should work.

Great rombase! Is there a chance that you include some new/custom evolutionary stones? It would be great for evolving Pokémon without having to trade or have them evolve as they reach certain level.

Back