• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pikaclone speculation

Years
  • We already have threads speculating possible designs for the new early rodent, bird and bug, but I figured we need one for Pikaclones as well, the small Electric-type rodents that have a physical resemblance to Pikachu. What type of rodent are you hoping for the next Pikaclone, or what secondary type it may have besides Electric?

pkmin3033

I'd quite like to see a slightly larger Pikaclone than is customary, just for a change, they're always small, cute little balls of fluff...so maybe a Rock/Electric one based on a rock hyrax? One based on a springhare would be quite interesting, too!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I just hopped on over from the fossil speculation thread to say that having our "obligatory electric rodent" double as a fossil Pokémon would be a really neat spin on both ideas. Not to mention that Electric/Rock is still an unused Type combination.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well ideally there would be no pikaclone but since that isn't happening.

I'd at least like a pikaclone that isn't predominately yellow, like Pachirisu. I think it would be interesting if they took a leaf out of Magearnas book and had an Electric/Steel pikabot Pokemon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I honestly don't want a new Pikaclone. I'd rather have an evolution for an existing Pikaclone.

Years
  • I think it's pretty much tradition by now that Pikaclones have to fly.

In that sense, they could just replace one of the early birds with a Pikaclone and kill two birds with one stone. It could be named EMOCORE or some appealing name along those lines.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    I think it's pretty much tradition by now that Pikaclones have to fly.

In that sense, they could just replace one of the early birds with a Pikaclone and kill two birds with one stone. It could be named EMOCORE or some appealing name along those lines.

Actually, there has only been one pikaclone that can fly. The rest are pure electric from my knowledge.

Seeing as our region could be a tropical region, it could be quite easy to add in a Pikaclone based on the Capybara. This would probably make it Electric/Water due to the Capybara being a more amphibious rodent.

Years
  • I think it's pretty much tradition by now that Pikaclones have to fly.

...except that the only real flying Pikaclone so far is Emolga.

Looking at their designs, we've had rabbits (Plusle and Minun), a squirrel (Pachirisu), a squirrel-crossover-with-sugar glider (Emolga) and a hamster (Dedenne). I hope the next Pikaclone rodent should be a porcupine or a raccoon. I could imagine how said designs would look adorable as a Pikaclone.

Years
  • Actually, there has only been one pikaclone that can fly. The rest are pure-electric.
    Sure, that was flippant. You would expect the paucity of the peculiar flying Pikaclones - an interesting trope in regards to the flamboyant public image of the yellow rat, that might take this to the point of slightly humorous exaggeration - to make this more rather than less clear.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • We've been getting Pikaclones with secondary typings since Gen 5, so expect expect another dual-typed Pikaclone this gen. The rodent species for one I have no idea, but it certainly can't be a capybara (I see it more appropriate as an early route rodent).

Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a rodent that breaks the mold in terms of design, like maybe one that's "ugly cute" like a pug (but not a pug of course). Go ahead and make it a capybara since they're kinda weird looking. Make it a really slow, defensive and tough 'mon. Let it be the new game's Slowpoke.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    We've been getting Pikaclones with secondary typings since Gen 5, so expect expect another dual-typed Pikaclone this gen. The rodent species for one I have no idea, but it certainly can't be a capybara (I see it more appropriate as an early route rodent).

It'll probably depend on where the starting town will be. If there are plenty of watering holes or rivers near the starting areas, I could see a capybara being the early rodent, but it would be a glorified Bibarel.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I want to see a electric-type rodent (or something close). You know, like a kinda electric Bidoof :k

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A hamster would be neat.

We really don't have one. Dedene is close, but it doesn't match exactly.

Electric and ground hamster or electric and rock or electric and fighting could all work based on design.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'd rather there be no more Pikaclones, to be honest. We already have Pikachu's family, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne, why do we need any others? Gen 7 needs to break from these formulaic design choices that have driven the series into the ground.

Wanna' showcase an electric rodent? Give Raichu its dang Mega, preferably Electric/Fairy or Electric/Fighting. It could even have Pikachu's coloring, if you must. Just anything to keep the poor thing from being completely overshadowed by its pre-evolution.

Back