• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• New Users' Hangout

What Is This?

Bonjour, moi new amis! And welcome! In this thread, you're more than freely able to converse with your fellow members in an effort to try and get to know more new people! Not only will you meet other new members, but also community regulars that have been here for a while, and perhaps even some staff! It's basically a chat thread for all you new members to get to know other newbies like you as well as older users. ♥

You can make your first post here, but it is encouraged to create an introduction thread to be welcomed personally, though it is not mandatory. Feel free to do what you're most comfortable with! :)​

Some Things You Should Know

Anyone can post!
    Anyone can post here! Don't assume you, as an older member, cannot post here just because it says "New Users' Hangout" in the title. No matter who you are, you're more than welcome to come and greet some of the site's newbies. Our purpose is to help newbies make new friends and feel more at ease here!

Don't spam
    Please don't write short and pointless messages! If you're someone aiming for the big 15 (aka trying to reach 15 posts to be able to post images and/or links), please do not spam this thread. It is highly recommended to explore other areas of the forum rather than just relying on this thread for post count.

poke-ball.png
    Need Help?
    poke-ball.png

Please try not to ask for help here, as we have a very helpful section dedicated solely to helping people called the PokeCommunity Questions & Feedback! You can use the Quick Questions & Answers thread for simple questions like where you should post something, why your ROM Hacking thread isn't showing up, and so on. It would be seen faster there!

All The Welcome Lounge and the global PokeCommunity rules apply here, especially the 4-word/25 Character rule and intentional double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh hey a new New Users Hangout!! I'm liking that it's gonna be more of a DCC like thread. That just makes it easier for new user to get to know each other and other users who've been on PC longer like me. This way, new users can be more comfortable around the forum and make more friends. Good job whoever came up with this idea!

Oh and new users, nice to meet ya! I'm Kouzan or AWsquared, feel free to call me either. :) Welcome to PC!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    DCC .. DCC? We are kinda torn between Dynamic Currency Conversion, Day Care Centre and Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse, the worst part being that everything kinda makes sense. As a new user our first fourth question is - what is DCC and how do we adapt to that kind of enviroment?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • You are AWSquared?! Man, ever since most of you got name changes im really confused xD

Hey there Onicon and welcome to PC and the DCC Thread.
    DCC actually stands for Daily Chit-Chat in this case, where you can talk about anything really, but it's usually somehow related to the forum you are in.
    There is a DCC thread in almost any forum, and since this is the New Users Hangout, its where new and old users can interact and get to know each other!
    You can do anything from introducing yourself, to welcoming other members or asking for help :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Yes, Kouzan is AWSquared if we are not mistaken. We have done our homework.

Aha, that certainly makes sense, although Day Care Centre would certainly be amusing.

Years
  • Oh yay yay! The new one's finally opened. (o o)/ Hey there guys, I'm Sheep! Used to go by the name Cirno and moderated this section (hooray for welcomes) from August 2012 to January 2014. Still love you newbies (and everyone else) as much as usual so I'm always happy to chat if anyone's interested. :)

Hope everyone has been well! I'm just sitting here about to play my Yoshi's New Island before I take my brother to karate in an hour and a half.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Aw man and you are Cirno?? I feel kinda dumb as of now xD Sorry i didnt know that!
    But yes, Day Care Center would be a fitting and funny name, after all, this is the newbie section :P
    Just kidding, we were all newbies at some point, me not even that long ago.

So what is it that you like most about Pokemon Onicon?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • You are AWSquared?! Man, ever since most of you got name changes im really confused xD

Hey there Onicon and welcome to PC and the DCC Thread.
    DCC actually stands for Daily Chit-Chat in this case, where you can talk about anything really, but it's usually somehow related to the forum you are in.
    There is a DCC thread in almost any forum, and since this is the New Users Hangout, its where new and old users can interact and get to know each other!
    You can do anything from introducing yourself, to welcoming other members or asking for help :P

Yes it's me AWsquared. XD I changed my name like 2 weeks ago. Quit hiding under your rock Zoro. :P

But yeah, new users remember that if you don't like your username after you join , you can change it after you've been here for 4 months!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    We like to tweak EVs in order to make the Pokemon work with their maximum potential. If some of you ever have seen our set suggestions, they are pretty weird for mid-level play. The second favourite thing ought to be writing walls of text explaining why we consider these sets optimal. Feedback is always welcome, of course.

Generally speaking, helping people is probably in our best interest. That's why we have subscribed to the SQ&A thread in the Battle Center and the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y section.

We also have realized how slow we really are; definitely need to work on our wording.

Years
  • Yay the new New Users Hangout is up, and I like the direction you guys are going with it this time, making it into a sort-of DCC thread as well. Definitely a sign the section is just going to get loads of new improvements!

So yeah, might as well introduce myself to the newbies.

Hi there, new members of PC! I'm Hikamaru, but you can call me Nichole if you want. I used to be known as Hikari10 here in case you didn't know who I was. I've been a member here for around three years now, and I hang around this place a lot so no surprise if I do stumble upon your introduction threads. I love meeting new people so if you ever want a new friend to chat with, I'm always open for a visitor message. I do hope to see you around the forums!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Good to see that the thread's been finally posted. n_n" Anyway, hi, everyone! I'm Peitharchia, but some of you may know me by either Perdition Haze or Nymphadora, as these were my previous names. To those who are posting here for the first time: welcome! What are you all up to?

Years
  • Awesome, I like what I see! Best of luck to you y'all Shawn and Amanda! ;D

Anyways, my name's Tera, or you may have previously known me as Zach or ZachLMedia. Over the summers of 2011 and 2013 I spent most of my PC time here in this very section and got to know a lot of new users. I think that being a Welcome Lounge regular adds to the enforcement to keep people around the forums, especially by all of the warming welcomes we have to offer. Feel free to ask me anything via PM/VM if you want to chat with me! \o/

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Yes it's me AWsquared. XD I changed my name like 2 weeks ago. Quit hiding under your rock Zoro. :P

But yeah, new users remember that if you don't like your username after you join , you can change it after you've been here for 4 months!

I know and im sooorryyyy :( Its true that i have been away for too long in the last months, but im pretty sure i am 100% back now. Also, its funny how im finding out about all these name changes in a "New Users" Forum...which means im still a newbie xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

• I know and im sooorryyyy :( Its true that i have been away for too long in the last months, but im pretty sure i am 100% back now. Also, its funny how im finding out about all these name changes in a "New Users" Forum...which means im still a newbie xD

Hehe, yes, the name changes around here were pretty tough to keep track, but, relatively easy to figure out who's who in time! :3

Though I think 'Dragon' will be my last name change, at least for a long, good while!

Years

• I know and im sooorryyyy :( Its true that i have been away for too long in the last months, but im pretty sure i am 100% back now. Also, its funny how im finding out about all these name changes in a "New Users" Forum...which means im still a newbie xD

Yeah I know how hard it can be getting used to the name changes, in fact for the confused members' own good, I'm going to keep this name because not only do people like it, but also because I don't want to confuse others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back