• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct January 14th 2015 Predictions/thoughts

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So with the announcement of a new nintendo direct for tomorrow, i thought i would make a thread. This can of course be closed a few hours after the direct if mods don't mind. So my question is, what do you expect? Me? I could see a new game, details on stuff from E3 and ending with mewtwo's DLC trailer in smash. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

pkmin3033

New Nintendo 3DS release date and, hopefully, Xenoblade Chronicles as well. I expect something about Majora's Mask 3D will be put in here as well; perhaps a release date, or perhaps just a window for it. If they reveal a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X over here, you'll be able to hear my cheers of joy wherever in the world you happen to be. Since the Direct is focusing on upcoming spring titles, I don't expect any announcements regarding unannounced games...although I'm half-hoping the new Pokemon game for the year will be revealed.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    We still need an official reveal in the U.S. for the new 3ds now that i think of it. As for xenoblade, it seems to be showing up, the creator retweeted the direct, this usually happens when thy have something to showcase.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Umm... 2014? Don't you mean 2015? :3

Anywho, I'm guessing DLC news about Hyrule Warriors, news about Majora's Mask and hooopefully about new games. <33

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Umm... 2014? Don't you mean 2015? :3

Anywho, I'm guessing DLC news about Hyrule Warriors, news about Majora's Mask and hooopefully about new games. <33
    Wow i didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. And i hope to see HW DLC as well, i haven't even completed the first adventure map fully though, i am quite slow in this game.Edit: how do you change the title?

Years
    What I hope will happen:
    -Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode localization announcement
    -Dragon Quest VII 3D/Dragon Quest Monsters 3D localization announcement
    -No localization announcement of Yokai Watch (I'm probably in a very, very small minority on this)

What will probably happen instead:
    -None of that

Seriously though, from the looks of it there isn't even that much coming out this spring so I'm hoping they at least announce a few new games and don't spend the entire time talking about DLC. Also expecting to hear something about the New 3DS, but given that this is Nintendo it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to stay quiet about it for awhile longer for whatever reason.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Oh no worries; I changed it or ya~!

As for us get any localizations, i think, that while it be cool, it probably won't happen yet. I can see one new release for spring that we didn't know about, like what they did for Mario and Luigi dream team, maybe a new paper mario? I can also see them announce a winter 2015 game we aren't aware about as usually there is one game not from that season, in a season focused direct, usually announced first or last in the direct, I also really hope amiibo stock is addressed as well as info on what amiibos are doing in other games like Captain Toad.

Years
    I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get release dates for the New 3DS in Europe and North America. And perhaps release dates for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Majora's Mask 3D? I'd love to see any kind of Wario game (WarioWare or Wario Land), and, as usual, Metroid would be awesome. I hope there are a couple of new announcements at least.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    - new f-zero
    - new metroid
    - more zelda u footage
    - new pokemon
    - new xenoblade news
    - new 3ds
    - majora's mask 3d
    - more starfox
    - pokken
    - animal crossing spin-off game featuring tom nook that is a bayonetta/devil may cry-esque beat em up
    - shenmue 3
    - new 3ds zelda announced
    - new mario game where you play as bowser
    - new wario-focused game
    - waluigi gets his own game
    - half life 3 wii u exclusive teased

i mean my expectations are in check but if they don't at least announce this stuff i'll lose faith in nintendo.................

Sir Codin

I'm really not thrilled about the New 3DS.

I mean, I just got my 3DS a year ago and now something else is coming? C'mon.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Apart from a release date of the New 3DS, which will rid me of a dead pixel, the one thing that I'm looking forward to is Inazuma Eleven 2. It's been close to a year (specifically, 11 months) since the sudden and miraculous release of Inazuma Eleven 1 on the 3DS and I've been eagerly awaiting the release of the second. Apart from it being my favorite of the original IE trilogy, the game's release is long overdue in the US. Being an American Inazuma Eleven fan has been...painful, to say the least. Apart from being a given a rather cheap non-network dub of its anime adaptation, After 3 was announced to be released on the region-locked, non-emulatable 3DS, things looked dim for the series. It took six years for the game to arrive to American shores, and before then, people didn't even think it was ever going to come over at all.

So yeah, that one thing would make it for me. It's looking possible, but there's nothing to point to it appearing at all- other than the fact that Europe's releases were also a year apart. We'll see, though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's time Nintendo

Elite Beat Agents 2

The world is ready for a sequel

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Some more star fox would be cool especially if a trailer. A new f zero would be nice since miyamoto hinted about making one. And if were discussing a rhythm game, while elite beat agents is cool, i also would love to see a new rhythm heaven for 3ds.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I was hoping that Nintendo would announce the "New" Nintendo 3DS in this latest Direct, among other things, and I hope Nintendo will announce another new game (outside of well-known Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X) which will be released too. I think they might hold some surprises for us.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    There is usually at least one surprise, so probably. As the direct grows closer I'll link the livestream from Nintendo.Edit: Nintendo's Twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Last edited:
    Back