• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct January 14th 2015 Predictions/thoughts

pkmin3033

WHY STILL ONLY JUST "2015" FOR XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X NINTENDO? GIVE US A SOLID RELEASE DATE NOW.

Also, April 2nd is far too long to wait for the New 3DS version...and I don't know if I should get a shiny gold MM 3DS or a MH4 one now. Whichever one I don't buy, I'll get the game separate; online multiplayer for MH4 has made it an essential purchase for me; it's going to be Tri all over again for me. It's nice to see we're not getting shafted with a later release date than the US here as well...for a change. Roll on February 13th!

There was far too much Mario in that Direct, as well. I thought Nintendo were going to focus on other things this year; that was at least 75% Mario.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    So that was a thing...

For some reason the smaller new 3ds isn't going to be released in NA, but at least the XL isn't missed out as I think It's a much more appealing device due to it being more comfortable. The new Pokémon game they announced looked horrible, feels like a cash-in with Pokémon battle trozei with it's egregious IAP's.

Monster Hunter is coming out next month, with a demo coming in email and a new fire emblem game. Mario Party 10 seems to use the amiibo functions very well.

Overall great Direct, with great announcements for both the 3DS and Wii U. Cannot wait for MH4U especially, the demo comes with online play which is crazy.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That fire emblem was nice. As is splatoon, steam, and the MH details. Surprised by no mewtwo, however the direct was still good. I atree that their focus needed to be elsewhere though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    NEW RHYTHM HEAVEN

BEST DIRECT EVER THIS IS ALL I NEEDED OH MY GOD I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY

GOTY 2015

FUCKING
    NEW
    RHYTHM
    HEAVEN

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Well I was only right about 2/3 of my prediction: a new title in the form of the latest FE title, and more info on the upcoming titles we already know. Ashame there was no new info on the Mewtwo DLC.
    There was far too much Mario in that Direct, as well. I thought Nintendo were going to focus on other things this year; that was at least 75% Mario.
    What? Most of the Mario games, as in only two of them, were only present during the beginning of the direct before moving onto other titles.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • If everyone remembers the Mr. Iwata's opening statement, 'This is the first Nintendo direct of 2015'; please understand this. Its their FIRST OF THE YEAR direct, as Nintendo would; I didn't except any extreme announcements, but I enjoyed today's show.

I am personally excited for three titles now, the new Fire Emblem title for starters. While it does run on the 'Awakening' engine, the game itself is a completely new entry into the series and I am going to enjoy that story. My second thought about it however is how the amiibos would work into this? I mean it is nice to see that the support for the New! 3DS is there, but my question (still on the topic of the new FE), how would the amiibos work? Would the Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina amiibos unlock them as characters for your team, similar to Awakening with the DLC, spotpass/streetpass method? And since this is Nintendo, would the non-FE amiibos unlock costumes, weapons or even non-FE characters to aid you? Its one of those questions that get someone curious.

The next one is the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (along with the original version). I love puzzle games and games with challenge, I really do. From watching NHKWorld, I was into Puzzle & Dragons before many even knew about it, its an amazing game since it mixes puzzle solving and JPRG elements. Its simple and easy to play and understand, but the puzzles can be deemed frustrating at times. I love the idea of the crossover and the ability to recruit Bowser's Baddies to your team. Its like suddenly Bowser employed all these soldiers to fight for him and instead, Mario comes along and swoons them to join his side. The biggest slap to Bowser's face really. And its funny to see how this comes and works.

Finally, the last game I am really interested in is Splatoon. I don't care what people said about the music, gameplay, or ect ect. Its going to be a hit in my opinion and from today's showing. So many vibes come from it. For one thing, the customization in this game. Oh my goodness, it is amazing and that is just what they want to show you. How many more items will they add or will be there just awaiting unlock. Next, is the vibe of that hub world. It just screams JET SET RADIO, also, the ability to play with friends and the wacky battle mechanics remind me of Team Fortress 2, mixed with Super Mario-ese uniqueness. Over all, I mostly love the customization and this is a WiiU title, I grow curious if amiibos will play a part in this new title. Overall, everything was enjoyable. Monster Hunter 4, Majora's Mask, Xenoblade X, they all look amazing and promising as titles.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The Japanese direct ended with the best direct announcement in ages

DID SOMEONE SAY RHYTHM HEAVEN

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wonder why the english didn't have that. And the splatoon hub is amazing! I liked the game before but it's now a day one buy for me, They are really going to profit off of it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I want the new 3DS XL T_T
    I am glad they show Harvest Moon Story of Seasons (I am waiting for it for a while)
    And ... the Pokemon trozei#candy crush... well.. okay.
    Mario Part 10 seem a bit better than the 9 (I hated the 9 !!) because of the amibo mode, but we don't have amibo soo....

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Wonder why the english didn't have that. And the splatoon hub is amazing! I liked the game before but it's now a day one buy for me, They are really going to profit off of it.
    +1, same for me. Its a Day One buy.

I want the new 3DS XL T_T
    I am glad they show Harvest Moon Story of Seasons (I am waiting for it for a while)
    And ... the Pokemon trozei#candy crush... well.. okay.
    Mario Part 10 seem a bit better than the 9 (I hated the 9 !!) because of the amibo mode, but we don't have amibo soo....
    I think 10 will be enjoyable due to it having the new Bowser Party mode. Heck, the cover of the game shows Bowser having fun himself, which is strangely interesting to see.

Reactions: Z25

pkmin3033

So, the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL sold out in fifteen minutes on Gamestop's website. GAME don't have it up yet, although they do have the regular models...but this worries me. I'm going to be refreshing the page constantly now until it comes out; missing out on another special edition due to insufficient stock would be highly aggravating; it was a theme of 2014 for me...

I could still get the MH4U one, as I doubt demand will be quite as high for that (at least, I hope not) and I DO have a MM3D pre-order, but still...it's GOLD. I want one ;_;

£180 is a very reasonable price point as well; much better than I was expecting. Since I have £300 saved, that means I can afford either one of the games I don't get as well...plus a couple more at a later date.

Years
  • New 3DS doesn't even come with an AC Adapter. I was going to sell my 3DS for a New one, but now I guess I wont be and I have a feeling that's exactly why Nintendo did that.

But that aside NEW FIRE EMBLEM

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The new Yoshi amiibo looks great. It may be one of the few I purchase, alongside Ness. Both of those just look top-notch. I'd get Villager if I could find him anywhere. :P

Splatoon is looking fantastic still. omg Puzzle and Dragons: Mario yay. Fire Emblem yay.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So what was all the stuff revealed in the Nintendo Direct? Too lazy to watch it, someone list for me all the stuff.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So what was all the stuff revealed in the Nintendo Direct? Too lazy to watch it, someone list for me all the stuff.
    Here you go:

Fire Emblem Awakening, new story!
    Dragons and Puzzles, Mario theme (new Japan puzzle game...sorry Lip)
    Pokemon Shuffle, free on eShop, by number of plays in real life/time
    Wii games downloadable: Mario Galaxy 2, Punchout, Metroid Prime series, at launch. Half price at first.
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse amiibo compatibility
    New Amiibo Wave: Robin, Lucina, Pacman, Wario, Ness, Charizard
    New Amiibo Line for Super Mario! Mario, Luigi, Peac, Bowser, Yoshi, Toad.
    Compatible for Mario Party 10 and Captain Toad
    Splatoon: Plaza for Weapon and Clothing (Headgear, Shoe, Overall)/Stat purchase
    Hyrule Warriors- Majora's Mask 3D content, including Young Link and Tingle as characters
    Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer
    Mario vs Donkey Kong; create levels and tip, on Wii U and 3DS, buy one get both
    eSHOP: Namco's Project Treasure, Elliot Quest, Beck, Liticus of Earth, Gunman Clive 2, Moon Chronicles, Sega 3D Classics, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Story of Seasons
    Fossil Fighters Frontier
    new 3DS; amiibo scanner, 3DS face tracker, fast

Courtesy of DukeNapoleon on smashboards, he posted a summary there.

Anyway, the MM3ds sold out in 15 minutes! And i thought the bundle sold out quick! I like the mario line amiibos but their quality feels off a bit. Also i am surprised the MH demo with online and local play isn't over hyping people right now.

Back