• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't mind her. She may looks strange at first but she looks also interesting. I'd wish she would have a more interesting haircolor though.

I think her hair color is fine, I actually like her two ponytails as well. Although, I wouldn't mind it being more attractive.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If she had a different hair color then her wardrobe color might have to be different a little to match...or it could be something different as well.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    My apologies if it wasn't but I swear I read through it and it was still mainly about her? Unless I'm thinking of another. <_< I'm just so fed up with the duplicate threads in this forum (I think I've merged more threads today than all of last year) that I grabbed anything I saw of her so if I misclicked, my bad. I can try to go through and pull it out but if the premise wasn't super significantly varied from her, I'm probably not gonna bother.

Meh, they didn't get it, course I worded it poorly. so no harm done.

If she had a different hair color then her wardrobe color might have to be different a little to match...or it could be something different as well.

I swear you said that probably 7 times in a row O_O

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think that her hair could've been better. Not so much of the color but the way it is. To me her hat covers up most of her hair, but that is fine with me.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    What i dislike about Marina in the anime is that her bangs are really weird. Shaped like an M. At least they look better with Kris.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Her bangs? I never noticed bangs on her, can I see them please.

@ Psyburn, then here let me say something differet. If she had different hair color, others might have come out with more complaints, so I think it is best the way it is.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I really like the new female character of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I don't think that they should have replaced the old one. I personally think that they should have just used this new female character for a new game instead of replacing the already perfectly fine design for Crystal. But, I guess that we'll all (have to) learn to live with it. It's unique, anyway.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really like the new female character of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I don't think that they should have replaced the old one. I personally think that they should have just used this new female character for a new game instead of replacing the already perfectly fine design for Crystal. But, I guess that we'll all (have to) learn to live with it. It's unique, anyway.

I don't really think they replaced her as Crystal was in Crystal.

Anyways, I have to agree, she is unique and different from a lot of the characters. I am suprised people think she is way to girly when Dawn has the pink mini-skirt with pink boots.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That made me ponder, why do you all think this new female is so "girly?"

Years
    I'm okay with the new girl character. It's something different. I know others may not like it because she's a little different than the others... (and not Kris), but I like this character. Besides, the drawing is sweet-looking. She may not have the best outfit out there, but she's not ugly. (She has the same face as the others, but a different eye color.) It's the clothes you don't like. I'm keeping an open mind. It's not like the outfit will be that bad on the overworld sprite. Sometimes I like the concept art, but not the sprite, but there are times where I like neither, but like the how the character looks in the anime. While there are other times where I don't like the concept art, but I really like the sprite.
    (By the way, to say that you have every right to complain and not like the new girl is also saying we, too, have the right to complain about your complaining. lol)

Years
    (By the way, to say that you have every right to complain and not like the new girl is also saying we, too, have the right to complain about your complaining. lol)

Not really. There's a big difference between complaining about the changes made in the game and complaining that other people hold a different opinion than you do. I don't see the people who are complaining about the new girl going after you and insulting your opinion, so why would it be alright for you to do the same to them?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That made me ponder, why do you all think this new female is so "girly?"

I think it is because of the bow on the hat, but then again I really don't know. To me she doesn't look too, too girly. I appreciate the way nintendo made her because she reminds me of an adorable Johto farm girl.

Years
    Not really. There's a big difference between complaining about the changes made in the game and complaining that other people hold a different opinion than you do. I don't see the people who are complaining about the new girl going after you and insulting your opinion, so why would it be alright for you to do the same to them?

I never said people couldn't complain about the new girl. I'm not even insulting their opinions. So I don't know how you came up with that. (I just didn't want to see the same discussion about the new girl in every single thread. I only complained about the fact that the same exact discussion about the new girl was in almost every thread. That is all.) I don't mind if you complain about the new girl in this thread or in the complaints thread. I'm just saying the logic others have provided makes what the complainers who are complaining about the ones disliking the new girl are doing okay. I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer. Just don't twist my words around.

This topic is about the new girl; not about the complaining about the people who dislike it. I think Nintendo shouldn't have added the new girl at all.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Why not add the new girl? Because people don't like her and their is too many complaints? That's obsurd, people have their own opinions, and what you may like doesn't me the person right next to you will like. So, adding in the girl is perfectly fine, it should be known that not everyone would like it though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I think the reason they added her was that the name Kris or Crystal would need to be explained. Seeing as there is no 3rd game of crystal people would go all wuh where did crystal come from? To explain a 3rd version would need to come along but that is just too time consuming and would delay the 5th gen more.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think the reason they added her was that the name Kris or Crystal would need to be explained. Seeing as there is no 3rd game of crystal people would go all wuh where did crystal come from? To explain a 3rd version would need to come along but that is just too time consuming and would delay the 5th gen more.

That could be a reason. I mean if the girl's name happens to be Heart it would actually match as well. If they put Crystal in and named her Heart or something like that, it would have to be explained why when she used to be Crystal? If that's what you mean...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh gosh, if they really changed Gold's name to Soul, like it was in the translated scans on the previous page or so, and they cnaged Kris' name to Heart, then there would be a lot more complaints than there is not, or at least maybe there might be.

Years
    Why not add the new girl? Because people don't like her and their is too many complaints? That's obsurd, people have their own opinions, and what you may like doesn't mean the person right next to you will like. So, adding in the girl is perfectly fine, it should be known that not everyone would like it though.

First of all, stop twisting my words around. Two, you're right there insulting my opinion by saying it is "absurd" that I don't want the new girl added to the game. You don't even know if what you said was the reason, and it's not the reason. You're attacking me for my opinion, because I don't want the new girl added. (Anyway, weren't you one of the people who complained about others' obsessing over the new girl?) I didn't even explain why I didn't want a new girl added to the game. You're already making assumptions about me. I'm not narrow-minded, you know. I just didn't want a new girl added like they did in FrLg. I just wanted them to keep the guy character like the originals. I'm not going not play a game just because I can't play as a girl. However, even though they added a new girl, I don't mind, because I don't see it as a bad thing. Originally, I didn't want them to add a new girl, because it's not a remake of Crystal. However, I'm glad they decided to because I now have more than one option of a character.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ I was not twisting your words around. You simply stated that the new girl should not be put in, and I knew that you liked the girl from the start, so I wanted to know why the sudden change of not putting her in. Sorry, if it sounded that way. You didn't state why they shouldn't have added her in, so I made a small assumption, hopinf you would answer the question to see if I was right or wrong, I didn't expect the blowing my head off part though.

Anyway, the girl is fine, and if they had kept her out then they would have definitely stuck to the original, which wouldn't be too upsetting to me.

Years
    I'm sorry. (My first (ex)boyfriend ever (who liked country music) cheating on me has put me in a bad mood, but this isn't the thread to talk about it.)

I'm okay with the new girl, but now that people are saying that she looks like a farmer...it's kinda reminding me of "you-know-who." I don't think she looks like a farmer per se'. I think this new character is adorable. Sure, she now reminds me of Jovi from XD Gale of Darkness, and of Strawberry Shortcake...(I love Strawberry Shortcake, b/c of the red hair), but I'm okay with it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. (I can't tell if someone is being mean or nice in what they are saying just by reading a post. I'm sorry.)

Back