• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ It's alright, just a little misunderstanding with words that is all.

I think the new girl is totally trendy and brings in a new style to Pokémon for the females.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes she is quite an adorable character. The hat is a little big, but I am okay with that. I really like how they touched up the hat with a bow.

The overalls are also cute, and at least they didn't have a plain white shirt under it.

Years
    I think the overalls are cute as well and it makes me wonder how the other trainers have been redesigned. (For example, it makes me wonder if they changed the looks of some of the gym leaders & elite four members.) Overalls can be cute as long as the shirt color is nice and matches, and the way that the overalls are designed. These overalls to me seem modern. Though, I would have preferred a pink or blue top, red seems to match better into the game because Gold wears red, and we've had pink in DPP whereas blue was in FrLg.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    The more i think about it the more i like the idea
    The "idea" being

Krys and Soul CULD TTLY B LYK BFFZ 8DDD/hit

i could sooo see it
    and the fact there are TWO johto heroines makes me smile
    so what if Krys isn't playable, we played her in Crystal version anyways, :> {{i'd love if she still made a cameo 8O}}
    that would so be a nice picture tho IMHO

Soul, Krys and Gold doing BFFZ STUF and Silver with a ''>:|'' fayse

someone should totally draw that one day
    i'll love that person forever

Plus all the characters look so cute now and, i can't wait to see Silvers makeover <3
    And i wish Krys was getting updated art, they could fix that horrid outfit D;

i've said multiple times i adore Soul's design

I wonder if she'll be in the manga :>

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That does bring up a good point on whether they might change the appearance of the gym leaders a bit. As well as Silver too.

Years
    I never said people couldn't complain about the new girl. I'm not even insulting their opinions. So I don't know how you came up with that. (I just didn't want to see the same discussion about the new girl in every single thread. I only complained about the fact that the same exact discussion about the new girl was in almost every thread. That is all.) I don't mind if you complain about the new girl in this thread or in the complaints thread. I'm just saying the logic others have provided makes what the complainers who are complaining about the ones disliking the new girl are doing okay. I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer. Just don't twist my words around.

Perhaps I should have worded my post better. It wasn't meant to be directed at you personally, but at the people who have actively gone after those who voiced their disapproval of the changes that have thus far been revealed. I believe people should have the right to voice their opinion without being disparaged for it.

I had no intention of twisting your words around or anything. Sometimes things just get misunderstood when it's over the internet. :)

Years
    That is true. I apologize for misinterpreting what you said, and I apologize for my temper.

-Reasons why I like the new girl character:
    -Her hair color is common.
    -I like red and blue together.
    -She's not wearing yellow.
    -The hat is cute even though it's poofy. The bow makes it work.
    -The colors match (and it doesn't look like ketchup and mustard.)
    -She's not wearing a mini skirt. (Not that there is anything wrong with it. I'm just happy that she's wearing something different than a mini skirt.)
    -She reminds me of Misty. (Misty=my fave female character.)

(Even though I liked the Kris character, too, I didn't like the color scheme of yellow and red of the artwork, but I liked the blue on her sprite in the game. The blue and white combo was nice.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have to agree with some of the things you said. I also like the way she has the bow on her head, it makes the hat not look so plain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I love the new girl. Like, a lot. So much that I made a theme as a homage to her. Sorry May, but your R/S design has just been replaced as my #1.
    My initial response to Heart over here was 'OMG DEY REPLAC'D MARINA? DOSE A-H0LS!', but I adore her design. x'D Always did, from the moment I saw her. She's adorable and all Southern Belle-like.
    Her hair is just a wee bit more realistic but still resembles Marina's a bit.
    Overalls~! So trendy and not jailbait-y. She actually looks like she's ready to go out on an adventure rather than to the mall. I liked that about Marina and I'm glad that GF made Heart look just as sporty.
    The cabbie hat. A lot of people are whining about how big it is, but I think it looks great. Especially with the bow. I have a similar cabbie, and I'm totally about to go and hunt for a red bow to tie around it.

I don't even care about GF's reasoning. Heart (I'm calling her that for simplicity's sake) has a fabulous design, fabulous being a term I rarely use, and I look forward to playing as her. I bet her trainer sprite's gonna be super mega cute on Platinum!Dawn levels.

Years
    That is true. I apologize for misinterpreting what you said, and I apologize for my temper.

No problem! :) Like I said, I should have worded my last post better, and I can definitely see why you interpreted it that way. So, I'm sorry for making it seem like it was directed at you.

By the way, although I preferred Kris, I don't have any big problems with the new girl.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love the new girl. Like, a lot. So much that I made a theme as a homage to her. Sorry May, but your R/S design has just been replaced as my #1.
    My initial response to Heart over here was 'OMG DEY REPLAC'D MARINA? DOSE A-H0LS!', but I adore her design. x'D Always did, from the moment I saw her. She's adorable and all Southern Belle-like.
    Her hair is just a wee bit more realistic but still resembles Marina's a bit.
    Overalls~! So trendy and not jailbait-y. She actually looks like she's ready to go out on an adventure rather than to the mall. I liked that about Marina and I'm glad that GF made Heart look just as sporty.
    The cabbie hat. A lot of people are whining about how big it is, but I think it looks great. Especially with the bow. I have a similar cabbie, and I'm totally about to go and hunt for a red bow to tie around it.

I don't even care about GF's reasoning. Heart (I'm calling her that for simplicity's sake) has a fabulous design, fabulous being a term I rarely use, and I look forward to playing as her. I bet her trainer sprite's gonna be super mega cute on Platinum!Dawn levels.

I am going to have to agree with you on some of these things. I also like the bow and hat, although I do think they could have made it a bit smaller.

Marina was okay, but I actually like the new girl better. "Heart" has a more country look in which the Johto is sort of a country like place. She also looks unique and different from all the rest of girl characters.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Call me slow, but [lol] I just realized the girl has the same white collar as Gold. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Call me slow, but [lol] I just realized the girl has the same white collar as Gold. xD

You should've looked more closely. xD

Anyways yes they do, and I think it's a nice add for the both of them.

Years
    White lancer, it's okay. I'm the one who should be sorry.

And Melodyfree, I must say that your sig and avatar of the new girl are making me like her character even more! :D It's adorable. I now like her character better than the playable female characters! :D Whether her name is Heart or Soul, she's my new favorite female playable character. :D (Because of your sig and avatar, Melodyfree.) This new character is simply adorable. ^_^ I now wish I had a doll of the new girl.... (That would be a nice pre-order bonus...)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Another thing I like about the new girl is her shoes. They're not too big or small and they're just right. Also I can't say they are the best ones I have ever seen, but it's pretty cute.

If her name is Heart, I must say I am getting used to it.

Years
    On another site, (pokecharms), I read:

"The female player character ("Soul") is not the same girl from Crystal as many had initially expected, instead being a brand new character entirely."

If that is true, I prefer the name Heart. But it's okay. I <3 (Heart) the Male Sprite.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Her bangs? I never noticed bangs on her, can I see them please.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

See, they are m shaped.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    On another site, (pokecharms), I read:

"The female player character ("Soul") is not the same girl from Crystal as many had initially expected, instead being a brand new character entirely."

If that is true, I prefer the name Heart. But it's okay. I <3 (Heart) the Male Sprite.

Well I don't know if it is true or not because on one of the Coro Coro scans the boy sprite's name was Soul. Anyways when we get more news we will see what happens.

I am starting to get used to the socks on the new girl and everything else.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I never really though that this new female protaganist was Crystal redone, because it was a big change. Though, I still never ruled out the possibility because of little details we recieved.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    And Melodyfree, I must say that your sig and avatar of the new girl are making me like her character even more! :D It's adorable. I now like her character better than the playable female characters! :D Whether her name is Heart or Soul, she's my new favorite female playable character. :D (Because of your sig and avatar, Melodyfree.) This new character is simply adorable. ^_^ I now wish I had a doll of the new girl.... (That would be a nice pre-order bonus...)
    Why thank you 8D
    Japan is on the ball with these remakes. A few days in and some fanart of her just came pouring in! I just had to take advantage of it. [/off-topic]

As far as I know, 'Soul' is just the name people are using since we don't have a default for her yet, similar to how the FR/LG girl was dubbed 'Leaf' by many and is still the accepted name to this day, considering how she never appeared as an NPC. Thankfully, this won't be a problem once the game is out, and we should have an official name for this girl.
    But until then, I'm sticking with 'Heart'. It sounds a lot more fitting (not to mention more feminine).

Back