• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey there! This is more of a program rather than a group. xD But nonetheless, I'm glad you're here.

May I suggest you Toujours for Pokemon General? Or BinaryPeaches for Pokemon/Other Trivia? Both mentors are available right now and willing to take you in whenever you're ready. I would suggest you TwilightBlade for Trading, but she's currently on a short hiatus, unfortunately. Whichever you decide!

Oh, then can I choose BinaryPeaches? Thank you for your help!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2012
    1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm interested in Competitive Play and the Pokemon TCG(I Never played the card game so please bear with me)
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I guess both of the ones I mentioned
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Sure!
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Well I want to be the very best in Pokemon out of my friends and would like to meet a rival here

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • For competitive play, are you talking about Pokemon Battling? Or the TCG?

Of course we have both of that. xD If you are talking about battling, we indeed have both Forever and PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling Center, as well as donavannj for the TCG.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2012
    I'm interested in competitive play for both battling and TCG so is there a mentor that can help me with both?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well we don't have a mentor that can do both at the same time, unfortunately. :( You'd have to choose either Pokemon Battling or TCG, whichever you're comfortable and willing to learn more about.

Signal : Zero

>Insert witty title here<
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    1) Video Games (and child forums)
    2) Competitive Battling maybe?
    3) Sure?
    4) Be the best, like no one ever was ...

:)
    And there's my application

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • Looking for a mentor.

Hello. I'm looking for a mentor. I am most interested in General Pokemon Gaming and anything that has to do with Emulation, but I would love to understand Challenges. As for venturing out to other parts of the forum, that would be fun, since I love to learn new things. Finally, I really would like to try my hand at helping others with gaming choices, like a good Pokemon team for the Elite Four and whatnot.
    Thanks for looking at this post and have a great day!

Years
  • Need A Mentor

Hi PPL, I need someone to help me out in ROM Hacking.....
    PLZ need a mentor!
    I'm gonna make hack of FireRed but I have to know the basics to start out.
    So anyone please adopt meeee........

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I know it's late, sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

1) Video Games (and child forums)
    2) Competitive Battling maybe?
    3) Sure?
    4) Be the best, like no one ever was ...

:)
    And there's my application

So, I see you're interested in both Video Games (part of Technology & Media), as well as Competitive Battling Center, yes? We have both Captain Fabio (for Video Gaming) as well as PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling Center. Both of them are available for you.

I'd recommend you Fabio though. He's willing to take in anyone, and he's really awesome. I'll let you decide!

Hello. I'm looking for a mentor. I am most interested in General Pokemon Gaming and anything that has to do with Emulation, but I would love to understand Challenges. As for venturing out to other parts of the forum, that would be fun, since I love to learn new things. Finally, I really would like to try my hand at helping others with gaming choices, like a good Pokemon team for the Elite Four and whatnot.
    Thanks for looking at this post and have a great day!

We indeeedy have a mentor for General Pokemon Gaming sections, which also include the Challenges section! We have Sydian, bobandbill and Cello. All three are available and are willing to show you around (and show you what challenges the board has. :D)

Hi PPL, I need someone to help me out in ROM Hacking.....
    PLZ need a mentor!
    I'm gonna make hack of FireRed but I have to know the basics to start out.
    So anyone please adopt meeee........

Our three ROM Hacking mentors are available for you to help you out in any questions you may have in terms of Emulation. SwiftSign, DrFuji, as well as dragon456 are all available and are more than happy to take you in. :)

beyblader77

AWESOME Trainer
    Years
  • 1:what boards are you most interested in?
    Emulation.
    2:What boards are you most interested in to understand?
    Emulation because I want to make a rom hack but I don't know how to do it.
    3:Would you like to venture out to other places in the forum?
    Sure!
    4:Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I would like to learn how to make rom hacks.

Peresozo

Trainer
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 16, 2012
    hello :) i need help with room hacking and im also new at this community someone recommended me to get a mentor but idk how lol plse help

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1:what boards are you most interested in?
    Emulation.
    2:What boards are you most interested in to understand?
    Emulation because I want to make a rom hack but I don't know how to do it.
    3:Would you like to venture out to other places in the forum?
    Sure!
    4:Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I would like to learn how to make rom hacks.

hello :) i need help with room hacking and im also new at this community someone recommended me to get a mentor but idk how lol plse help

Since both of you are interested in Emulation, pretty much the same as I said to Anubhavkumarc. All three Emulation mentors are available and are willing to take you in!

For the case of Peresozo. I'd recommend you to fill out the form from the first post, so you can give me a clear understanding of what you'd like to bring out from the forums. ;3

Peresozo

Trainer
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 16, 2012

Since both of you are interested in Emulation, pretty much the same as I said to Anubhavkumarc. All three Emulation mentors are available and are willing to take you in!

For the case of Peresozo. I'd recommend you to fill out the form from the first post, so you can give me a clear understanding of what you'd like to bring out from the forums. ;3

where do i fill this form?

Im Guessing u mean this

Mainly ROM Hacking and mainly scripting
    I also Need Help On Understanding how to use most of the PC features
    I guess

Help the forum and see how i can learn to get better at ROM Hacks and Using PC

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • where do i fill this form?

Im Guessing u mean this

Mainly ROM Hacking and mainly scripting
    I also Need Help On Understanding how to use most of the PC features
    I guess

Help the forum and see how i can learn to get better at ROM Hacks and Using PC

Yep, that one!

As I mentioned above, all three Emulation mentors (SwiftSign, DrFuji, and dragon456) are available and either of them are willing to take you in. :D They're all quite knowledgeable with ROM Hacking.

Peresozo

Trainer
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 16, 2012

Yep, that one!

As I mentioned above, all three Emulation mentors (SwiftSign, DrFuji, and dragon456) are available and either of them are willing to take you in. :D They're all quite knowledgeable with ROM Hacking.

alrigth so ill go with dragon456 :) (since dragons are my fav mythlogical creature lol) and what do i do after tht ?

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    Oh goodness, I just can't do it all by myself. I don't know if I could safely traverse the sea of named anonymity safely alone, and I'm woefully unfamiliar with the exotic social tango of internet forums.

Ah ha~ Less dramatically; I feel genuinely inexperienced with forums and I'd like to request a guiding light.

I'm most interested in the creatively inclined boreds. Anyone who knows their way around a pencil is a magnificent fellow in my book, and I want to bump sides with others who I can seek advice and critique from. That's not to say I'm disinterested in the other cogs of the machine though!

I'm an avid roleplayer, I'll admit. I adore weaving stories enough as it is, but when I can get someone else to do half the work for me?! It's ingenius, I tell you.
    I've been aching to break into competitive battling and unraveling the mysteries of an effective team, Effort Values, Individual Values, and why the heck the Nuzlocke challenge absolutely despises me. (And everyone else too, I'm certain.)

There's also all sorts of squees to be had over how fabulous Ruby is in the Pokémon Adventures manga. And there's the greatest debate of our time... Is Rarity more fabulous? Or Ruby? Cross fandom discussion never ceases to be interesting.

I'm certain to poke around throughout the entire website if it catches my fancy, but I can't be certain where such whimsies will lead me and when.

Most importantly, I'm looking for co-conspirators to assist me a project gone sour, in a game I've been planning. I hate to aound utilitarian (I'm sure that word means what I think it means), but I'm desperate to get this thing movig, and I'm having no luck on my own.

I just know I'll find a niche for myself here, I'm just... Timid about wedging myself in, I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back