• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I think the only megas we may see are for Sceptile, Swampert, and the Eon duo. Many because they won't let Blaziken be a special starter out of its trio and we already know of Mega Latias and Latios.

I've been hearing rumors that this is the same story/adventure as R/S/E but they are remodeling the Hoenn region. Perhaps that's why the video says a new adventure in a dramatic new world?

Hmm, I've been thinking about this and I honestly don't know if we are going to get a new storyline or not. The games are old enough where there is a significant amount of Pokemon fans who haven't experienced it before, so it would be fine to remake it, but there is also a possibility that they might go the BW2 route and keep the new region, but change the storyline. What do you guys think? New or old story?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'm thinking a new story. Same features and same region, just a different story. Hopefully they'll keep the region's roots but just spruce up the story a bit to make it different.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • I'm not sure, I was okay with the old story, though I had only played Emerald. The region itself was okay too, besides the water routes. I hated those with a passion. So I'm unsure how I would feel about these changes if they are true (since 3rd gen was my least favorite for a while before it's Pokemon grew on me).

If they keep character customization in the game, how would the possibly work. Changing Brendan and May wouldn't feel right. Someone suggested that we might make a whole new character who moves to the region, where Brendan is Norman's son and May is the Prof's daughter.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • My biggest hope is that they bring back Secret Bases. I loved that feature so much but I had no friends to share my bases with at the time. I will throw my money at Game Freak if they just give me Secret bases in 3D. :D

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • COMMENCE THE TRUMPETS

In all actuality I'm uber excited because I honestly really liked Gen III and anyone who hates the original R/S/E are being sour-pusses. And I was into the mon's since they debuted. Also STEVEN. WE COULD ALWAYS USE MORE STEVEN.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I really hope they manage to make eastern Hoenn a bit more interesting. One of the shortcomings was that half of the map was covered by water and the enviroment began to look a bit repetitive.
    Otherwise, great news; hopefully the Mega-Evo list doesn't look like taken out of a popularity poll this time around.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I find new Mega Evolutions pretty unlikely, and that's because ORAS still need to battle with XY.

In previous games, when new forms were introduced mid-generation, when battling between, say, the other player's game would display it as its original form, but with the stats, moves, (and if applicable, type) of the new form.

However, Mega Evolution occurs during battle. I can't imagine how they'd get XY to recognize an in-battle mega evolution that, as far as XY is concerned, can't happen.

The closest thing I can think of is Giratina's Griseous Orb, which in Platinum, will always be moved to the Bag if you attempt to trade it. They could do something like, if you are facing an X or Y game, the Mega Stone is moved to the Bag.

But, that has its own problems. If you're intending to use a Mega Evolution, the moveset you choose is likely going to be far more suited to that Mega Evolution. By simply taking it out of the bag without asking, you hurt your team, because that Pokemon is less able to do the job you trained it for, and, also, have no opportunity to replace it with a different held item that might be useful.

Edit: For the record, this is not about the Eon duo. This is referring to the Mega Sceptile, Swampert, and Weather Trio people have been talking about.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I find new Mega Evolutions pretty unlikely, and that's because ORAS still need to battle with XY.

In previous games, when new forms were introduced mid-generation, when battling between, say, the other player's game would display it as its original form, but with the stats, moves, (and if applicable, type) of the new form.

However, Mega Evolution occurs during battle. I can't imagine how they'd get XY to recognize an in-battle mega evolution that, as far as XY is concerned, can't happen.
    Dude, you do realize that the 3DS can add patches to the game so that they can add new content whenever?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I really really hope these are sequels to Ruby and Sapphire, rather than carbon copies of the originals with a new coat of paint. I really look forward to returning to the Hoenn region, but I want to see it with a new story and find out what happened to all the characters after the game's event.

If they're just remakes...I can't say I'm too excited for them. But if they're sequels then OMG YES FINALLY!

Years
  • I find it interesting how so many are calling them remakes when we don't know XD. I mean the video seems to be advertising them as new journeys. Also find it odd it does not actually say Hoenn. Maybe it is just the wording but I doubt it will just be a remake. (Anyone remember the last remake trailers? I kinda want to compare and see if they were promoted like this)

Years
  • Does anyone know if we will be able to transfer are pokemon to these new games. That would be kind of ironic sending are pokemon from original ruby and sapphire/emerald to new pokemon emerald/sapphire. Does this also mean that pokemon z is out of the question?

Years
  • I really really hope these are sequels to Ruby and Sapphire, rather than carbon copies of the originals with a new coat of paint. I really look forward to returning to the Hoenn region, but I want to see it with a new story and find out what happened to all the characters after the game's event.

If they're just remakes...I can't say I'm too excited for them. But if they're sequels then OMG YES FINALLY!

THIS! After BW2 I don't expect a regular pattern. I can see them not wanting to use a 2 for this for one big reason. It has no connection to R&S while BW2 was a follow up to BW. Like this could be set in Hoenn but new gyms,new professor etc and no real connection the the past.

Also Gen 3 was about weather and land and sea so this new "world" could be passed on events years after the natural issues in Gen 3. (Just my opinion)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back