• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overdue library books

Years
  • I'm sure a few people on this forum has kept a book a little too long from their public library.

I'm no exception. When I was 6, I had this awesome dinosaur book. I loved it so much, I kept it for a few months. My mom tried to persuade me, but me and the book had become one.

Unfortunately, to this day, I owe Arizona about....oh say $90.

I believe we returned the book...but hey...I might still have it :V.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've never had an overdue library book (because I'm lame that way) but I do now own the book of a French play that one of my neighbours checked out of her school library in 1981 and never returned.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've never had a book that was overdue for a long time, maybe for one or two days max, but nothing longer than that. My cousin on the other hand came back after 10 years and saw he still had a library book, went in there and he owed a lot of money so he just never went back there :x

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Whenever I borrow from a library, I tend to borrow craploads. Usually over 10-15 items. :V
    The last time I borrowed and returned, I owed back over $10. I don't plan on borrowing there for a while. A long while.
    This happens alot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Eh. I've only ever had like 2 overdue books. It was only 0.80 and I only forgot to renew those books. They were really nice about it too. ^^;

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I hate reading, so I've only checked out books when required to for school.

I used to work in the library at school, so I got to check out one book and keep it the entire year, and then only read when we were required to in class... I usually finished a book a year that way. (Yes, I worked in the library even though I hated reading. lol)

I've never actually paid a fine for an overdue book as far as I know.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have never had an over due library book (as far as I can remember). I always return them on time :) Though mostly the day before.

Years
  • My university library sends a reminder E-mail for when books are about to be due in. Due to the academic demands of my course, I was allowed to continuously renew the books online till I finished my degree.

My roommate however forgot to renew his books online one time, so he had to pay a 20 pence fee. The funny thing is, if for some reason he did not pay it, he would not be allowed to graduate due to the fee lol.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Really guys REALLY... why this topic nao XD

But to the story 2 weeks ago I thought I renewed my books online. Seems like there was a problem in the server and it didn't renew... so I looked the other day and I have a fine of $28.00. Put it in a way that I had 7 books out and everyday they charge .20 cents for each book.... looks like this'll come outta my pocket money...

Years
  • Really guys REALLY... why this topic nao XD

But to the story 2 weeks ago I thought I renewed my books online. Seems like there was a problem in the server and it didn't renew... so I looked the other day and I have a fine of $28.00. Put it in a way that I had 7 books out and everyday they charge .20 cents for each book.... looks like this'll come outta my pocket money...

I KNOW RIGHT! I couldn't be bothered making that remark this time, as I've made it in two other threads.

Apart from my final year at university and when I was in primary school, I don't think I've ever really borrowed anything from the library. Maybe once in secondary school perhaps.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Last time I had an overdue library book was in grade/year 4. But it was the school library, and since we only got to visit once a week, they didn't really mind because I returned it the next time I got to go.

Apart from that, I've never had an overdue library book. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm usually really good about returning my library things on time. I've accrued overdue DVD charges from time to time because I'll have mistaken the date I took it out, or I just couldn't make it to the library before the next day, but I always get it in right after that so I only get a day of charges. And it's only a $2 fine for DVDs. With books, I always finish them well before the due date (DVDs can be taken out for a week, books for three) so I just take them back with whatever DVDs I've got out for the day.

I've been using the library a lot recently so that's all I've commented on but... I know we have a few books in the house that are from libraries in different cities. We either moved before remembering to take them back or just didn't bother. :P Oops! Those are all well over 10 years overdue by now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I never had an overdue library book, not even for that GM shop manual for the 1982 Buick Electra that I took out when I was ten, lol

But I haven't checked a book out of the library in years, because our local one doesn't carry manga or those books that tell you what businesses are located near Interstate highway exits.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I used to be so bad about returning on time. I racked up about $50 in fines one time, so I dropped the books in the outside return box and never went back there. >__>

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Haha, the fine system is ridiculous. The college library is the worst. I remember when I took out Brave New World and ended up re-reading a few chapters. So it was about 10 days overdue, which apparently means I owe them £5. Nobody else was waiting for it; once I returned it, I just saw it sitting untouched on the shelf again.

The worst case I have seen is when my friend forgot to return a book, so the fine ended up being £10. He didn't want to pay it, so he just didn't return it. I think the current fine is about £80. Because he didn't return it, they haven't tried talking to him to work out a reasonable solution; instead they just banned him from the college computer system, banned him from using any laptops for study and banned him from ever using the library again. I don't see how that solves the problem at all.

Since then I just use the public library and they're much more friendly and let me renew books for months if I really want to. When I was a child and used the public library they were great too; because I regularly went there all the librarians knew me, and would just delete any fines that I had if I ever ended up with one. I remember I lost a book for about a year once, but they were just happy to see it returned. So I've been lucky that not every librarian is like a school/college librarian.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • I still have two book from my primary school library :'D
    It's been 5 years and i still dont think I will ever have the balls to go give it back even though I bet the librarian from then has moved on XD;

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • hahahaa!!! i think i've still got a few library books from when i was in primary school. they never checked up on them properly so the books were mine. XD

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • I think I owe about $2 to a public library right now from a few months ago. I just got caught up in school and forgot all about them. My school has an amazing library so I just figured I would use theirs instead of paying.

Back