• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • Oh, yeah, there you go. XD I agree, but if HM system were to ever get removed, though, I feel that this would be good surf replacement. Either that, or maybe they could put in some surfboard-type key item, which would allow you to do the same, exact thing.

Hmm..replacing HMs with items/key items. Doesn't sound bad at all :o I hate replacing good moves with HMs/looking for HM slaves anyway, so this sounds like a lovely change to me. Give me a katana instead of Cut and I'll be eternally pleased. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm..replacing HMs with items/key items. Doesn't sound bad at all :o I hate replacing good moves with HMs/looking for HM slaves anyway, so this sounds like a lovely change to me. Give me a katana instead of Cut and I'll be eternally pleased. :3

You wouldn't really need something big as a katana to cut small trees; a knife or scissor would do, I think! They'd probably go with latter, though.

Years
  • A katana would be soooo much cooler, though, you gotta admit XD Scissors seem too small for the trees unless they used the gardening ones, which would definitely work!

Trying to think of what item could be used for Strength; the only things coming to mind right now are Power Bracelets/Gloves (Zelda references ftw). Given how the technology in Pokemon can be advanced, it could be possible, but I dunno if I can see humans using it. Could have a Pokemon use it, maybe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A katana would be soooo much cooler, though, you gotta admit XD Scissors seem too small for the trees unless they used the gardening ones, which would definitely work!

Trying to think of what item could be used for Strength; the only things coming to mind right now are Power Bracelets/Gloves (Zelda references ftw). Given how the technology in Pokemon can be advanced, it could be possible, but I dunno if I can see humans using it. Could have a Pokemon use it, maybe.

Maybe they could allow you to buy some spring of sorts, which you could attach onto your shoes to jump over big boulders like this? That would be pretty cool, if you ask me! Though, it probably won't be such a good idea when put into works, because logically, you should be able to get past pretty much anything with it, including trees and rocks.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    .. Welp the only thing I can think of for Strength is a hammer. (mallet?)

You know how in the games Mario uses a giant hammer to smash boulders? And in Harvest Moon you smash boulders with a hammer to make those little stone blocks? .. But I guess the problem with that is we aren't exactly trying to break the boulders...

Unless we could just combine Strength and Rock Smash into a single move instead of getting all complicated and junk.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    .. Welp the only thing I can think of for Strength is a hammer. (mallet?)

You know how in the games Mario uses a giant hammer to smash boulders? And in Harvest Moon you smash boulders with a hammer to make those little stone blocks? .. But I guess the problem with that is we aren't exactly trying to break the boulders...

Unless we could just combine Strength and Rock Smash into a single move instead of getting all complicated and junk.

I think it'd be nice if you could use this hammer to smash rocks and push big boulders--killing two birds at once! Boulders wouldn't be that easy to break considering how big they are, but by whamming something heavy, they could definitely be moved around.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • All I could think of for Strength could be, idk, some form of power glove? That could also combine Strength and Rock Smash into one item xD
    I don't think Strength can have an item substituted for it though, even a freakishly huge hammer...I think that'll have to stick to a Pokemon :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Sure, it would be less annoying to be able to go without HM slaves or the like. But if you could do stuff like sail the seas wherever you want, fly around the world, move giant boulders, break rocks, go up waterfalls, clear fog from entire routes, transverse whirlpools, climb cliffs, dive underwater, light up dark caves, etc, all by yourself or with technology...

...then what is the point of the Pokemon? The whole game is about these creatures you can control to fight and do amazing things with like that, so replacing HMs removes that appeal, or, if you will, the romance behind the whole concept.

An alternative would be that you could just delete HMs on the go. That would be trickier for them to code it so you couldn't just end up in a spot where you are stuck in the game (that's why they prevent you from releasing your last Pokemon with Surf, for instance), but it would be far more convenient. Not that the Zigzagoon line would agree, it's their best chance to get out of the box for a while after all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Another thing they could possibly try their hands on is to maybe have a separate move-slots for "outside attacks," things that you'd be able to use out-of-battle. You could still use HMs while battling, but only if you have them in your primary move-set. I'm not sure how complicated this would make things for people (does sound like a lot on paper), but when put into actual works, I'm sure it'd all be easy to figure out.

I've seen people mention this idea plenty of times before, and personally, I really like it; it seems like a great middle-ground to me.

Years
  • I like the idea of being able to give them slots for outside attacks; it sounds very JRPG-esque and would be very useful. Two slots would probably be best, as there are certain areas *cough*Victory Road*cough* that require quite a few field moves to pass through, and if you only have one Pokemon that can learn two required field moves (e.g., the one that allows you to surf and one to scale waterfalls) then you'd still need a slave. To make it even more JRPG-esque, the second slot could be obtained after the Pokemon reaches a certain level or you hit a certain point in the story, but that might be too complex XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Another thing they could possibly try their hands on is to maybe have a separate move-slots for "outside attacks," things that you'd be able to use out-of-battle. You could still use HMs while battling, but only if you have them in your primary move-set. I'm not sure how complicated this would make things for people (does sound like a lot on paper), but when put into actual works, I'm sure it'd all be easy to figure out.

I've seen people mention this idea plenty of times before, and personally, I really like it; it seems like a great middle-ground to me.
    I have also heard that idea and also like it. Easy to fit the explanation for it in a couple of text boxes too imo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To make it even more JRPG-esque, the second slot could be obtained after the Pokemon reaches a certain level or you hit a certain point in the story, but that might be too complex XD

Actually, I really like that! If you go with level idea, then perhaps you could unlock an extra slot every time you reach twenty more levels? First one would be open initially, and to unlock second, you'd have to hit level twenty. For third, it's forty, and for fourth, it would be sixty. Either that, or they could make it based off gym badges.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • Rock Smash = Hammer
    Cut = Scissors
    Surf = Speedos
    Boulder = Boxing Gloves
    Fly = Jetpack
    Waterfall = Goggles

They're a few of my ideas for items which could replace the need for enslaving Pokémon or destroying your team with a weak move.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Rock Smash = Hammer
    Cut = Scissors
    Surf = Speedos
    Boulder = Boxing Gloves
    Fly = Jetpack
    Waterfall = Goggles

They're a few of my ideas for items which could replace the need for enslaving Pokémon or destroying your team with a weak move.

If they were to go with these ideas, I can't really imagine them adding jet-packs; it's too much of an advanced technology for them, so things like that wouldn't be too common. Then again, this is the Pokémon world we're talking about, so I suppose anything could happen! If it does indeed not wind up becoming a thing, then perhaps they could add gliders instead, or maybe even parachutes. Jumping off huge mountains to travel to places would actually be pretty fun, no?

Years
  • Yeah, it could. I'm pretty sure the anime had stuff like that, and as one who played the first two Pokémon Ranger games I think it would be a neat mechanic to carry over to the main series, even if it's not something that would be too likely. Gliders? Oh, that is something I would be sold if they did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they did add things like gliders, they would have to take other stuff into consideration, such as wind speed. I'm not sure how those would work, but I'm sure they could figure out a way.

Years
  • If gliders were to happen, we could be given the option to play a flying minigame when traveling places. In those we'd have to take wind speed and direction into account, and we could find items or something in the sky XD ('Course, how would they get there? Maybe people made technology to have floating devices that carry them? Idk, pft.) Though, the same could be done if flying on Pokemon. Could see it maybe happening as a general minigame and not an option every time you take off, if anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haha, I don't think anybody would go as far as sending items to the sky. Though, I could definitely imagine us finding feathers there, which would be very useful to those who are EV-training. Having it as some mini-game could definitely work! Alongside, perhaps they could also have other things, such as digging tunnels underground (sort of like how it's done in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, but more interactive). Another idea would be to perhaps have some cooking contest? This would be like making Poffins and PokéBlocks, but here, it would be actual meals.

Crystal Glaceon

Devious
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind better minigames in newer series. I never liked the fossil hunts in D P PT due to the few hits you could make to try to unearth anything of real value

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wasn't too fond of that game, either, personally; in some way, it wound up devaluing fossils. They're actually meant to be rare, and not opposite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back