• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlayStation Vita General Discussion Thread - Sony's New Handheld Coming 2/22/12!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I'll probably be getting the PSVita, though maybe not on launch. Will either wait for a package and a few more games to come out. Mostly waiting on P4 and Falcom games

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
    Years
    My guild master bought me one recently, but I really don't do very much with it. It's certainly pretty! In it's own little way. I miss XMB.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    i have the 3G version preordered. i do have wipeout preordered but am not going to get it since in the UK the 3G version can get wipeout for free when we register the sim and top up

I'm thinking about uncharted but haven't decided. probably won't get it on release since it's already and expensive month for me. ( £312 for the vita + 8gb memory card, £80 for FF13-2 Crystal Edition )

Last edited:
    Years
    I, obviously, want one badly, but unsure if I am going to get on one release, due to their being a talk of a price drop already.

Will just have to see! :3​

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I will probably be getting one, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable price drop.
    I mean, we all know its going to happen, especially to keep up with the 3DS.
    I do have the 3DS, and it gives me all i really need from a game console, anyway. If the Vita's game lineup doesn't improve, then I might as well just get a smartphone, as my PSP still works fine. The only games on that list I'm remotely interested in are LittlebigPlanet and F1 Racing. and other than those, the only one on the entire release list I like is MLB the Show 12. I guess for me, the real ''turnover'' (don't know what other term to use) would be an NHL game.
    I'm a crazy Ottawa Senators fan, and there hasn't been a handheld NHL game since 2007.

And I buy my memory from DealExtreme. They're chinese fakes, but they work just as well.
    And they're dirt cheap.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    I'll be pre-ordering it tomorrow. Though I'll be saving up to buy Shinobido 2, BlazBlue, UMvC 3 and maybe Ridge Racer for release date games, since I won't have any left over after pre-ordering the vita.
    But my main reason for me getting the vita is, because of Persona 4: The Golden. I already have over 134 hours logged on the PS2 version and still love it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    decided to get uncharted since hmv cancelled my final fantasy pre-order so had a bit of money left over since theres a £40ish different between versions.

I had a play on the vita today, my local GAME store had a demo one in. Its was good, though they didn't have any of the games since they were given ocdes to download them and that store doesn't have wifi. hopefully they may have gotten them when i go in next week

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Vita's stuff doesn't interest me so far, but neither did PSP's and then they had to put freaking Kingdom Hearts on it and SOMEONE couldn't play it. :( :( :( FF4 is on it too and the PSP port is apparently the best version of the game. So maybe I missed this somewhere, but is this thing backwards compatible? Cause if it is, then hello birthday present! ...In August. Obviously the Vita will get better games in time, like the 3DS of course. Can't wait for some of that goodness in the future, boy I tell ya.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I pre ordered my Vita a long time ago. I am really looking forward to it. I love the PSP and still play it. The new features are what drew me in the most.

Zet

Years
    So the U.S. isn't getting the UMD Passport for the Vita. I wonder if the same will apply to Europe and Australasia.

Vita's stuff doesn't interest me so far, but neither did PSP's and then they had to put freaking Kingdom Hearts on it and SOMEONE couldn't play it. :( :( :( FF4 is on it too and the PSP port is apparently the best version of the game. So maybe I missed this somewhere, but is this thing backwards compatible? Cause if it is, then hello birthday present! ...In August. Obviously the Vita will get better games in time, like the 3DS of course. Can't wait for some of that goodness in the future, boy I tell ya.
    Only backwards compatibility so far, is if you have bought PSP GO games.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I want to want a Vita, but I just don't see anything that would justify me buying a $250-300 system. A couple of games interest me enough to buy them, but not enough to buy the system itself. And the memory card prices are ridiculous - I'll at least wait until third parties start making them and prices come down a bit.

It's an incredible-looking piece of hardware though, and there's a lot there to work with in terms of power and control. It just needs a good game library to back it up...and nothing in its library interests me that much, at least at launch.

Years
    The prices have/are apparently going to drop in Japan due to bad sales, so I am going to hold out and wait to get it, unless I can get it cheap from a mate who works at a game store.

I think the games that can be released on this are going to be awesome! The power, like you said Mork, is very good, which I think can give room for developing great handheld games.​

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    I am on the hype train, going 500km/h with no brakes.

Such an amazing launch lineup... acctuallly, theres almost too much games for me, I don't have enough money/time to buy/play all. :/

Games I want
    -Uncharted
    -Wipeout
    -Gravity Daze
    -Super Stardust Delta
    -Motorstorm RC
    -UMvC3
    -Shinobito 2
    -Unit 13
    -Escape Plan

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Well, I was really looking forward to the Vita (FFX HD!), but Vita is plummeting even faster.
    Apparently a vast majority of the major developers working on titles for the Vita have dropped their projects and are moving to the 3DS. However, Sony is still trying to play it cool.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/02/sony_responds_to_reports_of_vita_losing_developers

So now, Sony has taken a huge hit in sales for their failure to just flat out do anything right with the Vita (Requiring Sony Memory Sticks to play games, Not include Memory Sticks with the Vita upon purchase, market them separately at a high price, find out that this is DRM, the whole achievement thing) but now the vita will have no gaems lack games.

It's the PSP all over again. Honestly, with the way things have been over the past few years, I don't see Sony lasting much longer in the video game industry. They have been way too concerned with DRM since the whole PSN hacking ordeal.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I've been wondering if it's really worth it. The constant disapointing news seems serious, but if Sony gets their act together and make Vita a real sequel to the PSP (I don't even think it can be called one at this point) then it might be worth it.

I'm really interesting in the homebrew oppertunities. it's already been proven to be hackable, so I really hope to see some emulators in the near future! Hopefully emulators the PSP couldn't do, maybe PS2 and other consoles the Vita has already surpassed.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I'm really interesting in the homebrew oppertunities. it's already been proven to be hackable, so I really hope to see some emulators in the near future! Hopefully emulators the PSP couldn't do, maybe PS2 and other consoles the Vita has already surpassed.

This is probably the only reason why I would purchase a vita at this point. If it could support a PS2, or even GameCube emulators (Which I doubt) I would be all over the Vita.

If they started releasing PS2 games to the PSN in the form of Eboots much like they did with PS1 games it's definitely going to happen.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I would love to buy old PS2 games on the Vita, but I don't know how soon that's gonna happen...I'm just excited that portable gaming is nearing the level of console gaming...this Uncharted game looks amazing.

Years
    I think I would explode if they started releasing PS2 games on the Vita. I don't even care if they are straight ports, just gimmie.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Can't wait for mine now. Was playing it in game yesterday and I must say the graphics are fantastic. Was playing the new Super Stardust game. Went home and instantly pre ordered it. Getting Dungeon Hunters and Everybodys Golf. Going to be making a new PSN ID for it as my current one is locked so I can't get anything from the store. Not even me myself can get anything that I used to have back. Which sucks and as a lot will be download I am really going to need it.

A lot more hyped about this than I was about the 3ds which lost my interest very fast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back