• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    please help! i'm playing pokemon ash gray beta 4.2 on my android phone. i'm stuck on tangelo island. when i enter the house the game is freezing. please help!

You'll need to figure out how to get fire reds walk through walls cheat to work here, I've never played this on the android so I honestly wouldn't know

The OP seems screwed up.
    Anyways, will this hack ever be continued?

I'm sure that Metapod23 is still working on it, it took us 2 years of waiting to get version 4.0 - 4.2 I would imagine that we will get the next beta, next year as it has only been a year since the current version has been out

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Metapod must be pretty busy, we normally saw updates in august or september. But since you guys say that the last beta patch was from like february or something its no problem to wait a bit longer.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • This Hack looks good but it needs an update
    keep up the good work metapod

Akshat

The Pokemon King
    Years
  • Hello Metapod23 I Liked your game very much i have nothing to say your work is outstanding also it is very clean i think you should add some more Pokemon to the game i know how much difficult is orange islands part is to make because there is no islands part in Pokemon fire red and i also recommend you to take help from someone because it is very hard to make this wonderful thing by yourself and taking time so long your fans are decreasing by this and thanks for reading this and making Pokemon ash grey.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2014
    Metapod I am making a game purely for myself and no one else, but I can't edit the trainer backs prite of the main character like yours, I made my own character but I can't change the pallet to my colours, the backpack is green like ash's but when I play it in game it goes back to orange like Red's backpack. How can I make my own colour pallets to import into the game? It is pissing me off :'(

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Metapod I am making a game purely for myself and no one else, but I can't edit the trainer backs prite of the main character like yours, I made my own character but I can't change the pallet to my colours, the backpack is green like ash's but when I play it in game it goes back to orange like Red's backpack. How can I make my own colour pallets to import into the game? It is pissing me off :'(
    Go into APE and write palate to the ROM and make sure you use FSF to find a place to write it to. Also you need to know all the index numbers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2014
    can you please give me a link where I can download the ips file that I can continue my quest in Tangelo forest ? because when I enter the house and when I talk to the old lady the game freezes -.- please I really like the game and I want to finish it please help me :))

I just wanted to drop this here, as it's an easy solution for Mac users who have OpenEmu installed and can't get the Gameshark codes to work properly. There are a few steps, and if you follow them closely, your game will work. I managed to do this and it worked perfectly.

Before you begin, make sure you have patched .gba files of AshGrey5.0 and 4.0. You'll need them both.

1. Make a 5.0 save state in front of the Tangelo Island island building where, after entered, you freeze behind the old woman.

2. Close the game, but leave OpenEmu open. Right click on your 5.0 game, and open the "Show in Finder" feature.

3. In the root directory for your 5.0 patch of FireRed, there will be a folder marked Save States.

4. Find the state which you just made at the bottom of the list.

5. Right click on the state, click "Show Package Contents".

6. There should be a text file, one of three, marked "State". Copy this file either to your clipboard or an accessible location on your hard disk.

7. Open your 4.0 patch of FireRed in OpenEmu. Make a save state for this game like you normally do. Close the ROM, but leave OpenEmu open.

8. Using the Finder, locate the 4.0 save state you just made and and access it using the "Show Package Contents" option.

9. REPLACE the "State" file with the one extracted from your pre-freeze 5.0 save.

10. Load your 4.0 ROM in OpenEmu. Load the save state that you made earlier, the one which you have edited with your 5.0 file. You should be in front of that door.

11. Move into the building. Exit the front of the building. Make a new 4.0 save.

12. Close the 4.0, extract the State file from the 4.0 save state you just made, and replace your original 5.0 State file with it.

13. Open 5.0, load your state. Dance in circles.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I just wanted to drop this here, as it's an easy solution for Mac users who have OpenEmu installed and can't get the Gameshark codes to work properly. There are a few steps, and if you follow them closely, your game will work. I managed to do this and it worked perfectly.

Before you begin, make sure you have patched .gba files of AshGrey5.0 and 4.0. You'll need them both.

1. Make a 5.0 save state in front of the Tangelo Island island building where, after entered, you freeze behind the old woman.

2. Close the game, but leave OpenEmu open. Right click on your 5.0 game, and open the "Show in Finder" feature.

3. In the root directory for your 5.0 patch of FireRed, there will be a folder marked Save States.

4. Find the state which you just made at the bottom of the list.

5. Right click on the state, click "Show Package Contents".

6. There should be a text file, one of three, marked "State". Copy this file either to your clipboard or an accessible location on your hard disk.

7. Open your 4.0 patch of FireRed in OpenEmu. Make a save state for this game like you normally do. Close the ROM, but leave OpenEmu open.

8. Using the Finder, locate the 4.0 save state you just made and and access it using the "Show Package Contents" option.

9. REPLACE the "State" file with the one extracted from your pre-freeze 5.0 save.

10. Load your 4.0 ROM in OpenEmu. Load the save state that you made earlier, the one which you have edited with your 5.0 file. You should be in front of that door.

11. Move into the building. Exit the front of the building. Make a new 4.0 save.

12. Close the 4.0, extract the State file from the 4.0 save state you just made, and replace your original 5.0 State file with it.

13. Open 5.0, load your state. Dance in circles.

There is no 5.0 yet, the last update was 4.2.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    the guard on the water field dont want to let me through...i've done all the events but still it say no matchest for this time in the field

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I can confirm the orange islands are now open... There is a tree u can cut with the hatchet. Very impressed with everything u have done on this game metapod23.
    Pokemon should hire you to make their games for them. Ur a genius. Best one I've played ever. Thank you for your gift to all of us.

I can't thank you enough

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    i can't start the fight on the water field....
    i've done all the event like;
    Lights camera quacktion
    event with the giant onix
    Pokemopolis..
    Pass the guard on the entaranceof indigo plateau
    but still the match on the water field doesn't start....
    PLEASE HELP or give me some save files that will make me start the match....

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    At the pokemon league it says I lost the match and that I wasn't there in time. What do I do?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2015
    I'm stuck....I'm at the part where I should get the free blimp ride to Valencia Island....I have Version 4.2 of the beta at the moment....is there a new one I'm missing or is this as far as I can go?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    I'm stuck....I'm at the part where I should get the free blimp ride to Valencia Island....I have Version 4.2 of the beta at the moment....is there a new one I'm missing or is this as far as I can go?

Have you done the pallet party panic? or the Fearow attack on route 1 events? if not go and do that than you can move forward to the orange islands.

Back